Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji (2758 Views)

"Your Birkin Bag Is Fake" - Fan To Linda Ikeji, 'I'm Too Rich To Buy Fake Bag', / Liz Anjorin: I'm Too Pretty To Be Poor / Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji Finally Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Glowstone(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2014

Genevieve Nnaji opens up about her personal life and relationships! In the past, Nnaji kept her personal life private from the preying eyes of the press. However lately, she has taken a slightly different turn. Not only is she informing the public that she is now single, she also explained the reason why she isn’t searching.

“I am a woman, we aren’t allowed to look. Right now, I don’t have a boyfriend, I am that kind of person that eats with her eyes, I need to be attracted to you…” –Genevieve Nnaji (on the “Truth with Olisa” show)

On another press interview, Genevieve stated that recently, the few men she dated later confessed that they were intimidated by her and her success. She went on to say, that was a complete turn-off. She said she ended up feeling like she was dating a fan and not someone on her same level or above her. She says in the future, she might lean toward someone already in the entertainment industry or someone who appreciates what she does but is not interested in becoming a part of Nollywood.
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by donLEXY(m): 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
As much as I like her, I don't know how we can hook up for a chat, trust me, she will realize I will look beyond her money..... Just a place to say hello for a start will be enough for me

1 Like

Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by lomprico(m): 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Genny! Are u sure its because u r too succsessful or because u wont respect them because u r too succsessful?

2 Likes

Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
So True Genevieve angry. Nigerian men are so insecure. Av experienced it first hand in d past. I then ask myself and God, should I become poor and average looking 2 be able 2 get married and be happily married... embarassed
Don't worry Genie the right man will come yur way.. Be patient.
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Airforce1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
Amelian:
So True Genevieve angry. Nigerian men are so insecure. Av experienced it first hand in d past. I then ask myself and God, should I become poor and average looking 2 be able 2 get married and be happily married... embarassed
Don't worry Genie the right man will come yur way .. Be patient.

When she don menopause?? undecided
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Glowstone(m): 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
I guess she should just open up that she is looking FOR a husband tho she it will make it look like she is desperate but
truth be told she is crying all night for a husband forget the forming and dey saying it is not by force to marry infact that gal fit dey go for counselling oo shocked shocked
we know d truth

my opinion tho
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by BoiledCorn: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
Lie!!!
To make self fell goody angry
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by destante(f): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
sha this woman may have become a victim of her own fame and success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
Airforce1:

When she don menopause?? undecided

She might or might not reach menopause, when she marries. My neighbour , a successful lawyer , very humble and hardworking , got married @ d age of 45yrs, after waiting endlessly, as God wud av it, she ends up marrying a magistrate judge of 50yrs. If u see them? U go wan marry. They are like 2 peas in a pod.. Anytime, I see them, walking together wit so much enthusiasm for life, I simply shake my head in wonder. When she got married, I was still single then. D. Day, she gave me her weDding Iv, she said, my dear.. Don't settle for less, pple might feel its taking 2 long but God is preparing dat right man whom both of u, will compliment each other. She looks so peaceful, with her husband too. God bless their marriage.
While this evening, a frnd of mine , a 31 year old guy who has prepared with huge 50 tubers of yam, BaGs of rice, cartons of wine, and some heavy lace materials meant for his engagement ceremony to d family of his fiancee, came back home wit a very sad face, infact everybody in is family were just hissing and grumbling. Guess what happnd? His Bride to be, of 30yrs ran away on d day of her engagement, leaving a note behind that over her dead body will she get married to her arranged fiance, and she never loved him, so why are both families forcing them 2 marry. I just weak, when I heard. D guy is still in shock till nw. Twists in life, I wud say.
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Airforce1(m): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
Amelian:

She might or might not reach menopause, when she marries. My neighbour , a successful lawyer , very humble and hardworking , got married @ d age of 45yrs, after waiting endlessly, as God wud av it, she ends up marrying a magistrate judge of 50yrs. If u see them? U go wan marry. They are like 2 peas in a pod.. Anytime, I see them, walking together wit so much enthusiasm for life, I simply shake my head in wonder. When she got married, I was still single then. D. Day, she gave me her weDding Iv, she said, my dear.. Don't settle for less, pple might feel its taking 2 long but God is preparing dat right man whom both of u, will compliment each other. She looks so peaceful, with her husband too. God bless their marriage.
While this evening, a frnd of mine , a 31 year old guy who has prepared for his engagement ceremony to his fiancee, came back home wit a very sad face, infact everybody in is family were just hissing and grumbling. Guess what happnd? His Bride to be, of 30yrs ran away on d day of her engagement, leaving a note behind that over her dead body will she get married to her arranged fiance, and she never loved him, so why are both families forcing them 2 marry. I just weak, when I heard. D guy is still in shock till nw. Twists in life, I wud say.

too long

Can't read all that

Even the history of Nigeria since 1960 no long reach like that

3 Likes

Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Airforce1:

too long

Can't read all that

Lol ;Dpatiently.. Its not 2 long...
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Airforce1(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Amelian:

Lol ;Dpatiently.. Its not 2 long...

grin wink
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
She successful reach Angelina Jolie ni?
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by slap1(m): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
Lie. I want you!
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Glowstone(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Amelian:

she was just lucky to find someone at the age of 45 btw was her husband married before or was he still searching for miss right at the age of 50

My advice is, dont believe in this story because you might not be lucky as she was and i believe her husband had married before because no sensible man will wait till 50years before marrying, so you should marry before you get to your late 30, sometimes you just dont have to wait for mr right to do everything you could assist him..
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Ariani: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
she is nt in a haste to marry cos she already has a daughter, by d way gene u ar nt d most successful human on earth. Even women that ar more successful dan u ar married. Well na her choice sha
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
@ glowstone, am married , I don't nid 2 wait till 45 to meet my mr right. Am only pointing out this fact, because a lot of pple are driving single girls crazy wit ' when will u get Married? ' Remember age is Not on yur side o... I nearly went crazy when frnds ard me were singing into my ears, everyday 2 go get married.. As if for a lady 2 get married , she can walk up to a mall and pick up any man she fancies and marry him . Whether a lady is happy wit d man she's bn cajoled 2 marry, no one cares.. Other than just get. married, no one cares if one is happy or not.. Sha, go and marry... Well, I don't. Deceive myself. I got married @ d age of 33, and I av no regrets waiting dis long. God knows best. As per d lawyer? Her husband is divorced frm his first wife and his children are all grown ups.. He lives alone and wants a companion, when he evntually met d female lawyer, and they are happy.
Anyways, its not abt age, BUt d ability 2 choose wisely and ladies shud not allow the society to push them into desperation.
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Kunbee: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
Journalists need to stop asking this question especially her, its becoming trite
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by IfyAwazie(f): 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ok. We don hear
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by IfyAwazie(f): 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
Airforce1:

too long

Can't read all that

Very funny.

1 Like

Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by yvonnejoe(f): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2014
destante:
sha this woman may have become a victim of her own fame and success.
Your right., she'z a victim of her own achievements.

2 Likes

Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by StevinMorgan(m): 9:39am On Oct 18, 2014
No becos ure to sucessfull but becos u are too proud and rude. Men like women who are submisive.
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by danbrowndmf(m): 11:33am On Oct 18, 2014
OP mouth is Smelling.
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by Chuks16(m): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
Amelian:

While this evening, a frnd of mine , a 31 year old guy who has prepared with huge 50 tubers of yam, BaGs of rice, cartons of wine, and some heavy lace materials meant for his engagement ceremony to d family of his fiancee, came back home wit a very sad face, infact everybody in is family were just hissing and grumbling. Guess what happnd? His Bride to be, of 30yrs ran away on d day of her engagement, leaving a note behind that over her dead body will she get married to her arranged fiance, and she never loved him, so why are both families forcing them 2 marry. I just weak, when I heard. D guy is still in shock till nw. Twists in life, I wud say.

chai this novel is so sweet,thanks to the author nice love story. maam are you married?
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by philantoxx(m): 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
let her keep forming single and successful.
Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by englishmart(m): 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hello genny, you are not the most successful woman in your local government area, let alone your state or even the country at large.

As a matter of fact, your excuse for the reason men run from you is so incoherent, and thereby leaves so much to desire.

Our people say "somebody who doesn't have money for sandwiches, goes about saying that sandwiches are cancerous.
Genny knows her problems. Let her handle it.

Mtscheew

1 Like

Re: Men Don't Want Me Because I'm Too Successful– Genevieve Nnaji by oloyede252(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
Amelian:
Don't worry Genie the right man will come yur way.. Be patient.
so your stil waiting or searching. God will help u SECURE a nigerian man

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think This Babe Will Say Next? – See This / PHOTOS: SEE Who One Of The Sons Of Nasir El-rufai Is Set To Marry / Whats The Meaning Of These? See The Photo Blessing & Friends Shared On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.