Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Twisted Fortune. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twisted Fortune. (2445 Views)

Twisted Truth / Twisted Love / Twisted Emotions - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
I'm a writer trying to see how much I've gone in the literature field.Your comments would be very much appreciated and please be kind in your critism......
Tiffany J
Audrey Timms
kingphilip
Temitope Daniel
please,no offense if your name isn't mentioned,I'm not really familiar with them.
With God helping me,I'll start the updates by 23rd of October 2014 and update every weekend after that.Thanks
Re: Twisted Fortune. by kingphilip(m): 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
I'll b hia all the way just don't just fail me
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
kingphilip:
I'll b hia all the way just don't just fail me
make i sit with u. I bring kwulikwuli,u go chop?
Re: Twisted Fortune. by kingphilip(m): 10:24am On Oct 18, 2014
Jennimma:

make i sit with u. I bring kwulikwuli,u go chop?
oya come sit... shey this space go do

hope u bring plenty sha because I de like am well well

1 Like

Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
The woman paced around the kitchen in anger,the lines on her head were very evident. "Is this child really mine, she might even be a fish,mermaid,cat or even a demon".she thought inwardly. She walked very fast to the living room where she had been watching the tv after surveying the mess around her.
"Sola! Sola!." Her mother madam Beatrice called from the living room. She was a light complexioned lady of average height and very plumpy. Her body vibrates when ever she shouts and she always does. She was a beautiful woman before she bleached her skin and when she stopped, she was looking like a deserted dog.
"yes,what is it that you want,cant it wait?" The fifteen years old girl responded from the room.
Beatrice wasn't surprised at all. It was clearly a show of "like mother,like daughter". Beatrice frowned her face,putting her hands to her waist,she shook her legs.
"Look at your mouth, will you leave that place to wash the dirty dishes at once? They've been there since yesterday night and it's already 3:00pm". She screamed at her.
"Is that why she's yelling at me? Everyday everybody in the neighourhood must hear your voice" She mumbled.
"What did you say? I would beat you up if you don't shut those silly lips of yours. You don't even have an iota of respect for me your mum. She hit her head hard with the television remote control.
"How would I even have respect for you when you're always treating me like an animal since birth,you leave all the house chores for me but still expect me to get to your shop by 7:00am and all you do is to sit by the television. I just came back to get something as lunch coz you won't even let me take anything from the store or even money". Sola raised her voice too.
"You good for nothing girl". She screamed and threw a glass of jug over her face. It got shattered giving her cuts on her head and her face. A piece entered her right eye.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
Please make your comments for more updates. Would update the later part tomorrow by God's Grace
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ride on dear,its a good start
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Thanks a lot Jen.
"Oh my child,I'm sorry". Beatrice suddenly broke down,she didn't foresee that it would result to that,she rushed into the room to get a bowl of water,napkin,cotton wool and a bottle of methylated spirit. When she attempted washing the face with the water she brought,Sola brushed her hands off.
"Don't touch me,take me to a hospital instead. Who knows,you might have caused damage to my brain."She sobbed.
"Okay, okay,get ahead let me get something for my legs."
They boarded a taxi to the general hospital not very far from the house and after a long wait at the queue,they were finally in the doctor's room. Beatrice held Sola so closely that there was barely any space between them.
"Wow,young lady,where did you get these injuries from?" The doctor in his mid-fourties asked,adjusting the pair of glasses on his eyes.
"It was..............." She swallowed it.
"Actually doctor,she was trying to put somethings in order when a bottle fell from the cabinet. You know these kids,there always not careful. I want you to check if there are any complications please."
He took a pair of glooves from the first aid box to examine it. Sola immediately excused herself to visit the restroom and after a little pestering from Beatrice to go with her,she went alone.
-----------------------
"Doctor,excuse me to check on Sola,she's been out for 15minutes or is the restroom that far from here?"
"Not exactly,go on and please ask the next patient to come in."
The hospital wasn't bigger than a normal general hospital in the city,it's workers were up to 100 excluding the manual workers. She walked to her right where the first toilet was,there was no response,she went to two more but still couldn't find Sola. She was almost becoming hysterical when she saw somebody walking towards the gate. She rushed towards her and called,she wasn't getting any response. As she got closer,she increased her pace and tapped.
"Sola,the........................,Jesus Christ of Nazareth!"
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Writeditor: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
I've actually enjoyed this. You had me laughing with your humour. If you're just starting out writing, you have potential. But you need a whole lot of work on punctuation to make your work presentable. Learn what you can about punctuation. Avoid writing things like "coz" and practice writing proper words always. Do proper spacing.
I'm looking forward to your next update.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by tosin7a(m): 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
This is making sense...ride on please
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
I'm glad you like it. Correction taken writer,thanks.
Tosin,thanks for liking this.
Am so so sorry for not updating for this long.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
CHAPTER 2
"Excuse me ma,can I help you?" The girl peered into Beatrice's eyes.

"Who are you,what's your name?" She asked still with shock written all over her face.

"Who am I? You were the one that bumped into me and since I don't know you I can't tell you my name please." She calmly replied and turned to continue her walking.

"Em......please wait,who did you come here with?" She asked.

"I came with my dad,my mum is sick so we came to see her." She replied and hurriedly moved back to the stairs.

Beatrice clapped her hands together with her mouth opened in surprise. After 5seconds,she jolted back and remembered she was looking for her only child or one of her children. She couldn't believe she had just seen a girl that looks every inch like Sola.

She moved to the gate with haste and stopped a taxi. Where she was going to tell the taxi driver was definately unknown,so she asked him to just run through the road and street around so that they could ask shop owners if they have seen her with the promise of paying him any amount he demanded for. After driving the first street without success,they moved to they second. Just by the road,they inquired from a lady selling bread in a shade and she told them she saw the light complexioned lady already been carried in a camry car.

Beads of sweat ran down Beatrice's neck,what on earth was she going to do? It was obvious Sola was not willing to return,she checked her time it was already 6:00pm and she can't go round town looking for a car she didn't know,not even the route it took. To make matters worse, George her husband,Sola's dad was returning from Egypt where he worked the next day. Sola was the only thing that kept their marriage standing and as long she was gon,everything else was following her.

"Chai! I'm dead,I'm dead." She placed her hands on head then on he waist. She jumped into the taxi and told the driver to take her home,even until she got home there was no peace in her and the next thing she did was to start packing. If George was to see her without his daughter tomorrow he was going to sue her to court. She opened her suitcase and packed as many clothes as it could contain. She collected her certificates,some important items and some amount of money and left.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by kingphilip(m): 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
tnx dear for the update... u r really doing great please do continue
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
At exactly 5:00am Beatrice woke up with a shock,she had a nightmare where someone was trying to chop off her fingers with a dark cloud hovering over them. Out of fright she woke up only to find herself in Rhoda's house,it was then she remembered the previous night's incidence.

"Rhoda! Rhoda wake up." She tapped her friend.

"What is it?"

"I will be travelling to Ibadan today,I need to meet with mama and I might be staying there for 3months or more." Beatrice said with a voice of finality.

Rhoda sat up to take a look at her friend. "Beatrice instead of you to look for your daughter you want to travel? I'm really surprised at you. Report to the police and through the mass media perharps you will find her before George returns.

"Beatrice laughed and said"you don't know who Sola is not even in the next world would she change her mind and even if she is found her sugar coated tongue would deceive whoever sees her. She added to George's ugly attitude towards me." At this point she was almost crying,she carried her bags and went out.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
Another update coming this evening. Please forgive my negligence to the thread.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 29, 2014
"Good morning madam Esther." Abigail greeted her boss at the Riverflu marketing Company.
"Morning Abigail,it's good you've resumed. How is your health now?" She asked.
"I'm very much better." She replied and smiled.
"That's good. Try find out the appointments for today and if they're more than 3 cancel the rest. And lest I forget,we have a presentation today at Bedrock Company by 12 this afternoon. Send the message to Mr Bankole.
"Okay ma." She answered and catwalked into her office where she had been the secretary for 3years. She was beautifully dressed in a short black tight skirt and a fashioned blouse with her weave packed to the side.
"Hello,secretary to the M.D on the line,she has asked me to inform you that there would be a meeting at Bedrock Company by 12pm.
"Okay,um.....hold on a bit Abigail." Bankole hesitated a bit from the other end.
"What's it?"
"My proposal the other time, I'm yet to get an answer." He said.
"Mr Bankole,with all due respect sir, I'm not interested. I'm happily married and my husband and children love me so much that's a more reason why I don't have a need for your love,pass it to someone else." Then she dropped the phone.
"Bankole was the assistant to the managing director,he was dark but huge,clean shaven,his baritone voice carries authority and a certain type of richness which makes ladies to of course wish to have him but certainly not this one.
"This bitch of a man." She hissed.
At exactly 11:00am,Abigail and Bankole arrived Esther's office as they were walking down Bankole fixed his gaze on her body,she knowing that looked at him with a frown. He quicked realized it and muttered "I'm sorry."
The meetin was a brief one but a very annoying one for her,her ring neatly placed on her finger was not enough to stop the marketing officer from winking at her. She was as charming as this yet her husband was acting lyk a jerk,travelling to Egypt for a whole month. One month in Egypt,one month at home. She thought.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 29, 2014
Your comments are highly needed. Critize the best way u can and I'll take the correction with gladness. Thanks.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by KingzPen(m): 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
Keep It Coming Boss...
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
KingzPen:
Keep It Coming Boss...
Thank u kingz,No grammatical error? Just wondering.......
Re: Twisted Fortune. by kingphilip(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
please do continue
I'm still following
Re: Twisted Fortune. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:08am On Dec 20, 2014
Hey ma'am! weren't u the one who commented on my 'PEMISIRE'? Glad you've started the story but unfortunately didn't get a mention. Now that I know, #Following ma'am wink

Weldone.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nancydearie(f): 3:21am On Dec 20, 2014
Nice story line! Following!
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:11am On Dec 29, 2014
A great story line I must say. Hope you didn't abandon this write-up?
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 30, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:
Hey ma'am! weren't u the one who commented on my 'PEMISIRE'? Glad you've started the story but unfortunately didn't get a mention. Now that I know, #Following ma'am wink

Weldone.
Glad to know you remembered,thanks for following.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 30, 2014
Nancydearie:
Nice story line! Following!
Thanks.:-)
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 30, 2014
Kingzy4pep:
A great story line I must say. Hope you didn't abandon this write-up?
Thanks. Nah.... Not yet and I'm not sure I hope to.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Oops.... Here I am again apologizing for delay. I'm really really sorry, I'll work harder I promise.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 30, 2014
Abigail left work at exactly 5:00pm,she entered her camry and started driving,she was deep in thought. Few days ago after she was discharged from the hospital,she me the twin of her step-daughter Alicia. It was a funny but confusing incident of how they met. Sola was in the sitting room when they came in.
"Good evening dad." she greeted and gave him a hug.
"Good evening my dear,how are you doing?" He asked peering into her face.
"I'm okay dad,good evening ma." she prostrated before the lady that had already relaxed on the sofa.
She was surprised and at the same time angry. Why on earth would Alicia treat her like a visitor? She looked at her and without saying a word,walked towards her room when she bumped into someone by the window shade leading to the corridor. She opened it and immediately the figure hugged her.
"Oh mummy, I missed you. Thank God you're back." She hugged her again and dragged her towards the room.
This was the daughter she knew,her mouth was dried. She disengaged her hand from Alicia's and asked "I thought you were the one in the sitting room just now?"
The smile on her face widened."Well...... I think you should talk to dad about that or what do you think?"
"No,you tell me first." She insisted.
"That's the 2nd me." Alicia led her to the room.
"Your second you?" She was very surprised and that was exactly what Alicia wanted."can you please give me a breathing space Licia,you're almost suffocating me." she tried freeing herself a bit from the tight hug she was receiving from her supposed mysterious step-daughter. "Excuse me a second, I nee to get to your dad." she said and walked back to the living room.
"Aha....wanted to introduce you to our second daughter, Alicia's twin. Her name is sola." George told her immediately she came in.
She could clearly remember the frown on her face,how dare he bring in another daughter without letting her know afterall it's her money she's using for everyone and everything in the house. "Darling, I need to talk to you now!" she said and walked to the bedroom. There she gave him a piece of her mind and after many mumbo-jumbos she finally agreed to let her stay.
She horned at the gate which was hurriedly opened by Adamu the gateman.
"Good evening ma." The twin greeted her.
"How are you two? Alicia!" She called.
"Grandma called this afternoon."
"Oh.....that reminds me, I left my phone at home. What did she say?" she asked and flung her bag on one of the chairs while she walked straight to the freezer to get a bottle of water.
"It's granda,he's dead." She started sobbing.
"Oh...oh...oh... Jesus why now?"
"It's okay mum," Sola hugged here. "We're here fore you,we've called dad and he might be coming by tomorrow evening." They held her close.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
"Hello Ade"
"Hello girlie,how are you?"
"I'm doing great. Sola sends her love."
"Oh.....okay,please send mine too,she's okay I guess?" Ade asked.
"Yes,so when are you going to pick me up,it's saturday." She remined him.
"12:00pm should be cool and don't ask me where we are going to." He chuckled.
"Not so fast youngman since you know the rules around here you should tell me where I'll tell mum you're taking me to." She said excitedly.
"Okay,fine. We're going to meet an artist,do you want to take Sola along?" he asked.
"No,she will help mum pack her stuffs. She will travel to her hometown today in the afternoon precisely." Her voice dropped and her mood switched. "She has been crying and I don't really wish to see her in that mood."
"Alright,see you later girlie." He said and hung up.
Ade stayed two streets away from them and he was the last born of his parents. Him and Alicia had attended the same secondary school until some few weeks ago but he never had the chance to talk to her about a relationship because there was news having it that any guy approaching her might end up a stunch christian in the dating aspect for secondary students which was always accompanied with the story of the punctuality prefect. Ade's parents were not the rich type,they just had enough to care for themselves and their 3 sons; Femi,Kayode and Ade.
Ade summoned courage one monday during the long break and with the backing of his friends,he bounced to where she was sipping a bottle of coke and sat beside her.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Divepen1(m): 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
Winniel?
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
Divepen1:
Winniel?
cry
Divepen1:
Winniel?
. Oh my Goodness...... I can't believe I abandoned my story........I feel like the worst writer ever.......... I'm so so so so sorry for my in seriousness.
Re: Twisted Fortune. by Divepen1(m): 11:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Wininiel:
cry. Oh my Goodness...... I can't believe I abandoned my story........I feel like the worst writer ever.......... I'm so so so so sorry for my in seriousness.
Better

(1) (Reply)

Impregnate Me Or I Die (episode 2) / 'ORIN KERESIMESI' / Police Brutality (fiction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.