Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? (6828 Views)

Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mmsen: 9:48am On Oct 18, 2014
The character of the Catholic church is to be found in its past deeds - the abuse, misinformation and avarice are its true nature.

There is no clean slate - accountability means making amends for past misdeeds. The Catholic Church has been so powerful that they have deemed it unnecessary.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

You are right. My dear am not a Catholic but then I don't hate them. You actually understood my point very well cool

hian...she said the members don't make up the church shocked
Issokay...I'm indifferent about the church, the members and their doctrines. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2014
SalC:
For a start, I have seen more hate among the muslim sects like sunni and shia than I see among christians. But that's btw,

As for the said "hatred" for Catholics, all I see is the manifestation of Christ's word in John 15:18-19 and Rev 12:17.

Again I believe people don't hate "The Catholic church" most of them only hate what they thought is the Catholic church.
you're right especially that word "hail Mary " ,angel Michael pray for us where in reality they don't

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hian...she said the members don't make up the church shocked
Issokay...I'm indifferent about the church, the members and their doctrines. grin

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy I Seriously don't get her point when She made that comment but it's all good cool cool I'm indifferent and I guess that doesn't mean I hate anybody.

Every abo•ki with em own kettle wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy I Seriously don't get her point when She made that comment but it's all good cool cool I'm indifferent and I guess that doesn't mean I hate anybody.

Every abo•ki with em own kettle wink
I get her pt sha, I think she meant members come and go, but the church eternally remains.
Religion is one thing that everyone can't agree on, especially this 'catholic topic'.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:
I think the word "hate" is a little harsh, even though it feels that way at times.

Most non Catholics are not even worried about Catholics, they're just neutral and probably get along fine with their Catholic neighbors. Even if they do disagree with something(s) about Catholicism, it still doesn't mean hate

I have been mixed up with anti Catholics(Am not a Catholic tho) which are a different case entirely but I still wouldn't necessarily use the word hate, and with the case of anti Catholics, you need to remember that a very large percentage of them are actually just ex Catholics on a hissy fit about trying to find something evil about the Church so they can justify their departure from it.

The overwhelming majority of non Catholics seem to have little or zero issue with the Catholic Church. The arguments are always the same, papal authority, organized religion, Rev fathers and wives, Mary, blah blah, blah

We all serve and worship one God with the Hope of making Heaven at last!
God is not against be very father or sisters. As a matter of fact it isn't a must that You marry afterall marriage isn't in heaven. apostle Paul admonish us to marry especially when we lust after sex
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 10:59am On Oct 18, 2014
asuustrike1:

God is not against be very father or sisters. As a matter of fact it isn't a must that You marry afterall marriage isn't in heaven. apostle Paul admonish us to marry especially when we lust after sex

shocked shocked shocked Marriage is not in heaven? Y did God ordained it? Lust after sex? My dear don't even go there cos I know a number of Reverend Fathers that straf, So make we just shun that side wink wink wink

Btw Am not against Catholics and their believe Or doctrine
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by Tallesty1(m): 11:04am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

shocked shocked shocked Marriage is not in heaven? Y did God ordained it? Lust after sex? My dear don't even go there cos I know a number of Reverend Fathers that straf, So make we just shun that side wink wink wink

One of them staffed my crush.

Had I the guts, I would have killed him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2014
Tallesty1:

Lmao cheesy cheesy Tallest you are funny I swear cheesy cheesy grin

But Seriously it's no Jokes.Currently there's this girl that stopped talking to me because I told her that It's a Curse to sleep with an anointed man of God. She's one of d group leaders in church they call Region of Mary(Don't know much about the group shaa )

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mesoade(m): 11:20am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

reverend fathers straff?!

HOLY POO!
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mesoade(m): 11:22am On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

Lmao cheesy cheesy Tallest you are funny I swear cheesy cheesy grin

But Seriously it's no Jokes.Currently there's this girl that stopped talking to me because I told her that It's a Curse to sleep with an anointed man of God. She's one of d group leaders in church they call Region of Mary(Don't know much about the group shaa )
once the reverend father had lust after her,he's lost his anointing . .
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by asalimpo(m): 11:26am On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
Explain better pls. How can you know satan's autographs?

distortion and perversion of the truth as contained in the scripture.
#you shud b able to deduce what i meant-instead of interprete it literally.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 11:58am On Oct 18, 2014
asalimpo:

distortion and perversion of the truth as contained in the scripture.
#you shud b able to deduce what i meant-instead of interprete it literally.
Don't confuse yourself with what you read. Oppositions against the catholic church didn't start today. It was there even in your past generations. They'll ensure that they totally stagnate your mind.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

Dear people make up a church. I believe you are not referring to the building itself!

When we talk about church,we are actually referring to the worshippers and not the empty building. The use of Hate in ur post is strong
Then you're wrong, when you talk about the church, you talk about its heads, the doctrines and its members. You can't refer to a member of catholic church as 'catholic church'
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
Tallesty1:

Is there a church with no sex scandal? Can you swear for anyone? We don't go to church to worship humans. We're in a sinful world where noone is a saint except a few that we don't even know. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Rev Fathers are sworn to celibacy just to avoid distractions in doing the work of God but unavoidably, we're all humans. That's why there's a special prayer made for them.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
Then you're wrong, when you talk about the church, you talk about its heads, the doctrines and its members. You can't refer to a member of catholic church as 'catholic church'

The heads,the doctrines and It's members u said? This is hilarious cheesy cheesy Because I didn't itemize it the way u just did?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mmsen: 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
Is there a church with no sex scandal? Can you swear for anyone? We don't go to church to worship humans. We're in a sinful world where noone is a saint except a few that we don't even know. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Rev Fathers are sworn to celibacy just to avoid distractions in doing the work of God but unavoidably, we're all humans. That's why there's a special prayer made for them.

Your claim that people do not go to church to worship people is untrue.

That is why some churches thrive why others do not - the individuals.

People go to see a show, to be entertained, to be captivated.

They don't want truth, honesty or integrity- if that was what they were looking for they would not be in a building drawn to someone in a brand new suit and expensive shoes with an expensive car outside.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
mesoade:
rephrase
Well i may or may not know how to rephrase but no one who wallows in sin will enter purgatory but hell, that's not what the church teaches and its rather foolhardy for one to believe that he can wallow in sin and go to purgatory.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
asuustrike1:

you're right especially that word "hail Mary " ,angel Michael pray for us where in reality they don't
Umm voicemail
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mesoade(m): 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
SalC:
Well i may or may not know how to rephrase but no one who wallows in sin will enter purgatory but hell, that's not what the church teaches and its rather foolhardy for one to believe that he can wallow in sin and go to purgatory.
explain me purgatory
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
priscaoge:

Actually Jesus clearly made us understand there is no marriage in heaven in Matt 22:23-30. Concentrate more on verse 30.

God ordained marriage for some people on earth, not even for everyone.

And oh some Rev Frs do indulge in sexual sin? YES they do, likewise some married pastors. It is wrong in its entirety but yes both do it anyway. Some priest broke their vow of celibacy while pastors broke their vow of fidelity. So yeah its out there in every church and we can't deny that. We should all pray for them, they also need God's grace to refrain from defiling themselves and concentrate more on God's work.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
mesoade:
once the reverend father had lust after her,he's lost his anointing . .
Really?
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mesoade(m): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
SalC:
Really?

yea,he has to fast and pray again,for the lord's forgiveness,hence,being re-annointed
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
SalC:
If you are or were a catholic, you'll know that there's what we call mortal and venial sin. Mortal sins are great sin that can't be overlooked. A venial sinner can be forgiven after he or she must have received some punishments and is truly remorseful.
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
mesoade:
explain me purgatory
All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.

1031 The Church gives the name Purgatory to this final purification of the elect, which is entirely different from the punishment of the damned.. CCC 1030 and 1031(paraphrased)

Now you can see that purgatory isn't for those who wallow in sin as many erroneously believe.

And why is this so?

The scriptures says
Nothing impure will enter the kingdom, not even one who told a lie, Rev 21:27

Yet the scripture again admonished us to pray for those whose sin does not lead to death
"If you see a brother sin a sin that does not lead to death, pray to God, who will give them life. This applies to those whose sin do not lead to death, but there is a sin which leads to death and I do not say that you should pray to God about that .
All wrongdoing is sin, but there's a sin that does not lead to death. 1John 5:16-17

Now there is some things worth noting
If we look at Heb 9;27 it says "Everyone must die once and after that, be judged by God.
This verse made us understand that we all must die both the righteous and the sinner. If it is appointed unto man once to die, why then is 1john talking about sin that lead to death and the one that does not as if only grave sinners are the ones to die?

The only viable answer here is that 1john isn't talking about this physical death which is meant for all, but the second death which Rev 20:14-15 described as the lake of fire.

If we now understood that death in this context refers to the lake of fire, it becomes easy to understand that that verse is saying there are sins that does not lead to hell and we should pray for those whose sin does not lead to hell.
Another interesting thing to note there is the saying " you should pray to God to give them LIFE, for those whose sin does not lead to DEATH" isn't it surprising to hear that one whose sin does not lead to death in otherwords one whose sin does not lead to death also has no life? And we need to pray for them to have life(eternal life).?
So that state in which one's sin does not lead to death and yet this same person needs us to pray to God to give him life is the purgation state, the state of being purified by God to have life is what we call Purgatory.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by mesoade(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
SalC:

All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.

1031 The Church gives the name Purgatory to this final purification of the elect, which is entirely different from the punishment of the damned.. CCC 1030 and 1031(paraphrased)

Now you can see that purgatory isn't for those who wallow in sin as many erroneously believe.

And why is this so?

The scriptures says
Nothing impure will enter the kingdom, not even one who told a lie, Rev 21:27

Yet the scripture again admonished us to pray for those whose sin does not lead to death
"If you see a brother sin a sin that does not lead to death, pray to God, who will give them life. This applies to those whose sin do not lead to death, but there is a sin which leads to death and I do not say that you should pray to God about that .
All wrongdoing is sin, but there's a sin that does not lead to death. 1John 5:16-17

Now there is some things worth noting
If we look at Heb 9;27 it says "Everyone must die once and after that, be judged by God.
This verse made us understand that we all must die both the righteous and the sinner. If it is appointed unto man once to die, why then is 1john talking about sin that lead to death and the one that does not as if only grave sinners are the ones to die?

The only viable answer here is that 1john isn't talking about this physical death which is meant for all, but the second death which Rev 20:14-15 described as the lake of fire.

If we now understood that death in this context refers to the lake of fire, it becomes easy to understand that that verse is saying there are sins that does not lead to hell and we should pray for those whose sin does not lead to hell.
Another interesting thing to note there is the saying " you should pray to God to give them LIFE, for those whose sin does not lead to DEATH" isn't it surprising to hear that one whose sin does not lead to death in otherwords one whose sin does not lead to death also has no life? And we need to pray for them to have life(eternal life).?
So that state in which one's sin does not lead to death and yet this same person needs us to pray to God to give him life is the purgation state, the state of being purified by God to have life is what we call Purgatory.
my point is,purgation is fallacy,it dosnt exist
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by evablisse(f): 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
mesoade:
What really exists?
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:
If you are or were a catholic, you'll know that there's what we call mortal and venial sin. Mortal sins are great sin that can't be overlooked. A venial sinner can be forgiven after he or she must have received some punishments and is truly remorseful.
My dear I know of mortal and venial sin infact they are the sin that lead to death and the one that does not respectively, 1John 5:16-17 made it even clearer. And anyone "who deliberately live (wallow) in sin is actually committing a mortal sin, because it is deliberate, persistent and that makes it a grave matter.

Btw am inviting you to the Catholic thread smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
mesoade:
Our mindset here or thought isn't a determiner of what is or is not. Scripture abounds which talked about purgation 1 Cor 3:13-15 is one of such scriptures.

You asked me to explain purgatory and I have done that, not to convince you but to explain what I believe.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by SalC: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
mesoade:
yea,he has to fast and pray again,for the lord's forgiveness,hence,being re-annointed
I don't know where you got this from, I know of forgiveness but re-annointing? Is there a thing like that?
Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
Tallesty1:
I will start by saying that No One hates us.... They just don't agree with the teachings of our church.
And I don't blame them. If the teachings and practices of a church cannot speak for it then it deserves all the attacks.

Any Christian who strongly believes that the Bible is the guide for faith and practice will not like catholic church.(even me) Why?

Todays Catholic has departed from the "official traditions" of the Catholic Church. For example, the church does not "officially" teach Catholics to worship Mary, but rather to honor and revere her(which I still do not agree with). However, through observation, it is abundantly clear that many Catholics do in fact worship Mary(My family used to).

Jesus warned against vain repetitious prayers. They have no weight with God. He detests them.
I'm sure you say the rosary.

Praying to dead saints is blasphemous. And many others.

The adoption of many pagan beliefs and practices to facilitate gaining pagans easier as converts, then using said teachings to frighten people into submission to them is what I dislike about catholic but I can't leave them because there is not a single church in Nigeria that does not have flaws. Name it and I will tell you where they err.

One funny thing is that even our accusers are guilty of thesame thing. There is a degree of ignorance amongst us all.. How? All of us just go with what our churches tell us without question which is wrong. Scriptures says in Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." how many Christians do this?

Talking about bible, I am sure you do not know how The catholic church kept the Bible out of the hands of other people, so they wouldn't learn that they were being lied to by the church about what it actually teaches. I'm also sure you don't......shocked......lipsrsealed

e don too much already.

My point is, no one hates catholic church but many disagree with their teachings.

You just nailed it. Like I said earlier, no one hates Catholic but their doctrine etc! They might disagree with ur faith to some extent Which I see as a normal thing but that isn't hate. Am not a Roman Catholic So I don't see any reason why I should hate them because am not a member.

I love the way u made ur points kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? by priscaoge(f): 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
evablisse:

Yeaaaaa thanks for mentioning that Sin aspect,I was about asking Tallesty1 to explain it to me smiley smiley Can u Please mention those mortal and venial sins for me If u can be kind enough to give me a Bible reference concerning them,I will be glad smiley wink wink wink

Tallesty1 u are needed too wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 Prophecies For Nairaland Members & Nairaland Visitors / Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... / How To Pay Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.