Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question (2404 Views)

African/blackroots Science Religion. Science Of Creation. / Complete Story Of Creation: When did god create hell fire ? / Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 18, 2014
I happened to get a hold of my Bible early this morning. I really don't know why I just felt like reading it that early so I picked it up and flipped through the pages hoping to stumble upon some random passages that'd quench my thirst and there came the Great and Dreaded Book of Revelations. Right in front of me was the chapter 10.

I read from the beginning till I got to verse 6:

"And he swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, the sea and all that is in it and said "There will be no more delay." "

Then it stroke me that I should go back to the very "beginning" where it all "happened" back in Genesis since this very verse talks about God being the creator of every living creature both alive and dead. I was compelled to flip through the pages till I got to Genesis 1 which I began reading.

After getting to read the whole chapter scrupulously, something struck me once again:

The Creator looked upon all that he created on the earth and was pleased, saying "They are all good."

For real

Let's recall that Genesis 1 denounces Evolution and so should those who believe in that account therefore, the question of an organism changing through mutation, thus evolution, is completely ruled out as a factor here.

Moreover, it should be noted that God COMPLETED his creation on the sixth creative day (Man being the Last) and rested on the seventh (and as Hebrew 4:10 implies, the rest is still on) therefore, after the creation of man, no other living creature "came into being" by creation EXCEPT by procreation which means, no matter how many new species man discovers, they were never "new" per se but were all created at that Six-Day Creative Week.

Does this mean that God looked upon:

* Human Immuno Virus

* The Ebola Virus

* Bacillus Anthrancis (the deadliest bacteria in the World)

* Botulinum

* Tetanus, e.t.c.

And was PLEASED, saying "They are all good!"

Please I need an explanation. Thanks
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Jesuspikin7: 11:32am On Oct 18, 2014
Young man this world is destined to pass away!
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 18, 2014
Jesuspikin7:
Young man this world is destined to pass away!

I don't get it. God is Omniscient, right? Does that mean that God, who knew from the very beginning that things would turn out this, went on the create it all for the sake of it passing away?!?

Is God then Omni-benevolent (all-loving) by your definition?
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Jesuspikin7: 11:55am On Oct 18, 2014
Reiyvinn:

I don't get it. God is Omniscient, right? Does that mean that God, who knew from the very beginning that things would turn out this, went on the create it all for the sake of it passing away?!?
What do you make of Genesis 6:6?
Is God then Omni-benevolent (all-loving) by your definition?

Yes he is smiley
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
Jesuspikin7:

What do you make of Genesis 6:6?

Wow! So he had a plan for humans at first. He looked at them and said "They are good" only to later change his mind and regret ever creating them (contrary to his boast at Numbers 23:13). I hope he also regrets ever creating the Ebola Virus, HIV, and so on, too.

(So much for a God that is All-Knowing)

Yes he is smiley

If only the writers of the Bible didn't have to be overzealous by adding Omniscience as part of his attributes, that would have been acceptable. Now that's the problem.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Ymodulus: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
I will be back.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Ymodulus: 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Wow! So he had a plan for humans at first. He looked at them and said "They are good" only to later change his mind and regret ever creating them (contrary to his boast at Numbers 23:13). I hope he also regrets ever creating the Ebola Virus, HIV, and so on, too.

(So much for a God that is All-Knowing)

If only the writers of the Bible didn't have to be overzealous by adding Omniscience as part of his attributes, that would have been acceptable. Now that's the problem.

Bro the bible is flawed and just a story book. I can tell you categorically that the creation story is so flawed.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ymodulus:
Bro the bible is flawed and just a story book. I can tell you categorically that the creation story is so flawed.

Unless that. Because I can't seem to picture the existence of an All-Loving, All-Knowing and All-Everything God allowing himself to be lampooned by his very own word when it ought to be infallible and accurate. It's obvious that the Invention of God is a failed Hypothesis.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Ymodulus: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Unless that. Because I can't seem to picture the existence of an All-Loving, All-Knowing and All-Everything God allowing himself to be lampooned by his very own word when it ought to be infallible and accurate. It's obvious that the Invention of God is a failed Hypothesis.

God itself is a scam

1 Like

Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by herald9: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ymodulus:

God itself is a scam

Those words are scary.
Those words are scary,Ymodulus.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by shaggy007(m): 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
herald9:

Those words are scary.

grin

Hey man, God is not a scam, he's real.

It's religion that's a scam.

I used to be a deist, but I'm now a theist.

3 Likes

Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:

I, too, used to be an Atheist but I'm now a Theist.

I've found the true God.

He is the Flying Spaghetti Monster who alone should be worshiped. AMEN!!
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by herald9: 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:

So Which of the gods are you patronizing now?
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by micynute94(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
GREETINGS 2U ALL.
To me i think say God and another person bet say wahala if i give them free will sef. Dem go still serve me..
Who God wan prove am 2, na im i No know cry
Like seriously if he know Satan would become rebellious and will resort to using heaven to bribe us and hell fire to threaten us.. y create him?

Wait o. E b like say d ppl way write d Bible sef no think well well.. abi na d extremists interpretator get fault. May b dem no wait 4 d original holy spirit to interpret it 4 dem

1 Like

Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by honourhim: 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
Reiyvinn:

I, too, used to be an Atheist but I'm now a Theist.

I've found the true God.

He is the Flying Spaghetti Monster who alone should be worshiped. RAMEN!!

Go and learn how to discuss issues like this in a forum. Atheists like Kay17, Xcapists etc can help you out of your foolishness. For now you are just making a fool of yourself. When you want to discuss an issue concerning other people's belief you must be civil and respect those people's right of belief too.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
micynute94:
GREETINGS 2U ALL.
To me i think say God and another person bet say wahala if i give them free will sef. Dem go still serve me..
Who God wan prove am 2, na im i No know cry
Like seriously if he know Satan would become rebellious and will resort to using heaven to bribe us and hell fire to threaten us.. y create him?

Wait o. E b like say d ppl way write d Bible sef no think well well.. abi na d extremists interpretator get fault. May b dem no wait 4 d original holy spirit to interpret it 4 dem

LMAO this made my day!
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
honourhim:

Go and learn how to discuss issues like this in a forum. Atheists like Kay17, Xcapists etc can help you out of your foolishness. For now you are just making a fool of yourself. When you want to discuss an issue concerning other people's belief you must be civil and respect those people's right of belief too.

Now you just got on my nerves. What was the "uncivil" statement I made in my comment? What? Do I call you dyslexic or just uninformed

What's you problem? He said he was once a Deist but is now a Theist and I said was also once an Atheist but now a Theist because I now worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, anything rude with that? I'm happy for him. I was only telling my story.

And just in case your idocy or, to be fair, lemme say lack of exposure to information makes you think that I formed the religion out of the blues, Google "Pastafarianism" and see that the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is a Legalized religion.

Please don't spoil this thread with such foolish paranoia! Argh!
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
herald9:

So Which of the gods are you patronizing now?

I worship the Great One.

In the name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce and the Whole Meat Balls, I cordially invite you to dine with us at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster near you.

Stay nourished by His Noodly Appendage.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by honourhim: 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Now you just got on my nerves. What was the "uncivil" statement I made in my comment? What? Do I call you dyslexic or just uninformed

What's you problem? He said he was once a Deist but is now a Theist and I said was also once an Atheist but now a Theist because I now worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, anything rude with that? I'm happy for him. I was only telling my story.

And just in case your idocy or, to be fair, lemme say lack of exposure to information makes you think that I formed the religion out of the blues, Google "Pastafarianism" and see that the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is a Legalized religion.

Please don't spoil this thread with such foolish paranoia! Argh!

story teller indeed. Abegi
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Ymodulus: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
herald9:

Those words are scary.

grin

How?
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by micynute94(m): 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
Reiyvinn:

LMAO this made my day!

grin
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
honourhim:

story teller indeed. Abegi

Mtchew please get out jor. If you want to vex that I believe in a God and not your bloodthirst, primitive and megalomaniac god, you're free to vex but accusing me of being uncivil by expressing it, you'd have to kiss my butt grin
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by kolomax(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
If you people don't believe that there's God how did human come into existence then
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by sushieater: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:

Eh Bros, please pardon my ignorance but I think your comment is confusing. How did you come about the knowledge of God being a HE if not from the same RELIGION you're calling a scam?.

I thought that deism is a type of theism? Or did you mean to type "I'm now a monotheist(Christian, Muslim, Jew etc)"?.

@Op, i guess your question is for Christians but I'll answer from my little understanding of Christianity.
You need to understand that everything in nature has its purpose regardless of how we view it(good or bad). So it's safe to say that THEY ARE ALL GOOD TO HIM since he's the creator of everything there is and also he's like the master planner, right? so everything that exists is good for his plan(Whatever that is).

I hope that your next question is not going to be "what's the purposew of those viruses and bacteria? How are they good to us?" Cus if you ask that, I'll simply reply "Questions for the Gods" ;-) ;-).

But finally, you guys need to cut Christians some slack, They don't really have all the answers. It sometimes gets boring when you guys come up with trick questions like this just to mock or bash their belief.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by honourhim: 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Mtchew please get out jor. If you want to vex that I believe in a God and not your bloodthirst, primitive and megalomaniac god, you're free to vex but accusing me of being uncivil by expressing it, you'd have to kiss my butt grin

If I want to vex I would ve started with atheists first. Whether you believe in my God or not doesn't put or remove food on my table or your table. No time for vexation bro. I'm a very simple guy if you knew me. My point is, let's respect each others belief as we argue or discuss on issues. Cheers.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by shaggy007(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
sushieater:

Eh Bros, please pardon my ignorance but I think your comment is confusing. How did you come about the knowledge of God being a HE if not from the same RELIGION you're calling a scam?.

I thought that deism is a type of theism? Or did you mean to type "I'm now a monotheist(Christian, Muslim, Jew etc)"?.

@Op, i guess your question is for Christians but I'll answer from my little understanding of Christianity.
You need to understand that everything in nature has its purpose regardless of how we view it(good or bad). So it's safe to say that THEY ARE ALL GOOD TO HIM since he's the creator of everything there is and also he's like the master planner, right? so everything that exists is good for his plan(Whatever that is).

I hope that your next question is not going to be "what's the purposew of those viruses and bacteria? How are they good to us?" Cus if you ask that, I'll simply reply "Questions for the Gods" ;-) ;-).

But finally, you guys need to cut Christians some slack, They don't really have all the answers. It sometimes gets boring when you guys come up with trick questions like this just to mock or bash their belief.

Yes my brother, I discovered God personally and not through religion.

By the way, religions, bibles, qurans, etc...

...all bu11$h1t.

God is in each and every one of us

You don't need anyone to tell you "this is the path to Christ", or some other bull.S Christians use to deceive themselves.

If you want to talk to God, just talk to Him like you're talking to someone in front of you.

No need for unnecessary formalities (sign of the cross [for catholics], bible reading, praise and worship, paying tithes..etc).

Those are all a very monumental SCAM.

3 Likes

Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by sushieater: 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:

Yes my brother, I discovered God personally and not through religion.

By the way, religions, bibles, qurans, etc...

...all bu11$h1t.

God is in each and every one of us

You don't need anyone to tell you "this is the path to Christ", or some other bull.S Christians use to deceive themselves.

If you want to talk to God, just talk to Him like you're talking to someone in front of you.

No need for unnecessary formalities (sign of the cross [for catholics], bible reading, praise and worship, paying tithes..etc).

Those are all a very monumental SCAM.

Okay! So this your God that you discovered personally, does he have a name? Is he a God of any religion? How does one get to discover him? How did you get to know the gender? Is there any other proof of him apart from being in each and every one of us like You said?.

You call religions and their books bullshitt but sitting down and talking to yourself deceiving yourself that you're talking to God isn't?.

Oga, in as much as I understand few of the things you said about religion being a scam and all that, the alternative you're trying to present is no better off. No offence but it's bullshitt². I don't think you're in the position yet to call someone else's belief bullshitt when yours is no better off.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by shaggy007(m): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
sushieater:

Okay! So this your God that you discovered personally, does he have a name? Is he a God of any religion? How does one get to discover him? How did you get to know the gender? Is there any other proof of him apart from being in each and every one of us like You said?.

You call religions and their books bullshitt but sitting down and talking to yourself deceiving yourself that you're talking to God isn't?.

Oga, in as much as I understand few of the things you said about religion being a scam and all that, the alternative you're trying to present is no better off. No offence but it's bullshitt². I don't think you're in the position yet to call someone else's belief bullshitt when yours is no better off.

No offense taken.

Religion is pure bullshitt² especially Islam that kills you if you ever plan to denounce.

Didn't you read the part where I said that God is in each and every one of us?

I discovered the God in me.

His name is "God", and not all those funny names the bible call him.

Your God is your God, call him whatever name you're comfortable with.

3 Likes

Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by sushieater: 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:

No offense taken. Religion is B.S especially Islam that kills you if you ever plan to denounce.

Didn't you read the part where I said that God is in each and every one of us?

I discovered the God in me.

His name is "God", and not all those funny names the bible call him.

I did, so I should just take word of mouth as proof?. How is your proof any different from the religious books you're condemning?

You keep calling God a "he", how did you get to know God's gender?. Anyways, I noticed that you avoided some of my questions but it's all good though. To each his own

Op no vex, we don really derail your thread.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by shaggy007(m): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
sushieater:

I did, so I should just take word of mouth as proof?. How is your proof any different from the religious books you're condemning?

You keep calling God a "he", how did you get to know God's gender?. Anyways, I noticed that you avoided some of my questions but it's all good though. To each his own

Op no vex, we don really derail your thread.

My proof is different because I don't have to go to church every Sunday ir mosque every Friday to "worship", listen to the blasphemous "men of god" or pay useless tithes.

All SCAM!

I called God a He because I am male.

The God in me is a male.

The God in females should be a "she", if the female so wishes. It can also be a "He" to the female if she prefers it that way.

Your belief.

3 Likes

Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:

My proof is different because I don't have to go to church every Sunday ir mosque every Friday to "worship", listen to the blasphemous "men of god" or pay useless tithes.

All SCAM!

I called God a He because I am male.

The God in me is a male.

The God in females should be a "she", if the female so wishes. It can also be a "He" to the female if she prefers it that way.

Your belief.

So this "God" isn't actually a self-existent God but what a believer wants it/him/her to be

Now I'm confused.
Re: Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
kolomax:
If you people don't believe that there's God how did human come into existence then

Man was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster by His Noodly appendage. Stay blessed cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Laugh At Creationists? [video Series] / Understanding The Marine World / Is Physical Abuse Enough To Get A Divorce As A Born Again Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.