Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,696 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic (4209 Views)

The Cost Of A Bag Of Ugwu / 50,000 Ugwu (pumpkin) Seeds Wanted For Planting / Farmers In The House, Btw Ugwu And Tomatoes Which One Is Advisable To Go Into. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic by smartoskie(m): 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hello Nairalander, please i would like to know how true is the saying that ugwu leaves is use as a receipe for making blood tonic
Re: Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic by Kalusam(m): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ugwu helps in boosting the immune system and also increases blood volume. It is always prescribe by doctors for pregnant women, patients that have loss much blood because it will raise the blood level just in a matter of days. It's Treat Sudden Attack of Convulsion, Malaria and Anaemia. See more details from this article: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/23545-health-is-wealth,-so-eat-ugwu.html
Re: Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic by smartoskie(m): 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks.
But are there companies that make use of it in Nigeria
Re: Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic by smartoskie(m): 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
Please i need your sincere advise. I am presently working in a Financial Institution with monthly pay of about #200,000 but am not really happy with my job because of the so much stress invoved. Now my issue is i have a three acre of land with borehole and generator and planning to do sprinkler irrigation system for dry season planting of vegatable (Ugwu, Green, Ewedu and Shoko).
My question is, is the venture worthwhile, can it generate my present monthly pay? can i resign to face the farming business squarly.
Please ur sincere advise is needed.
Re: Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic by Kalusam(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
smartoskie:
Thanks.
But are there companies that make use of it in Nigeria
I don't know, you will need to do a research.
smartoskie:
Please i need your sincere advise. I am presently working in a Financial Institution with monthly pay of about #200,000 but am not really happy with my job because of the so much stress invoved. Now my issue is i have a three acre of land with borehole and generator and planning to do sprinkler irrigation system for dry season planting of vegatable (Ugwu, Green, Ewedu and Shoko).
My question is, is the venture worthwhile, can it generate my present monthly pay? can i resign to face the farming business squarly.
Please ur sincere advise is needed.

My sincere advise is never quit your job until you have a sustainable monthly income from your Agribusiness venture. Agribusiness is a lucrative yet risky venture(if you don't get it right from the beginning) and its not a get-rich-quick scheme.

Check out the blog I wrote on Dry season Vegetable farming in Nigeria to have an idea: https://kalusam./2013/02/17/growing-dry-season-vegetables-sucessfully/

Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic by smartoskie(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
The blog is not opening
Re: Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic by RealChris(m): 12:41am On Oct 22, 2014
pls I need to know the kind of fertilizer to apply to my ugu.... Urea or NPK which one is best? Someone said Urea is good for leaves while NPK is good for seed... I dont know how true is it... I need leaves.... Ya advice pls...Thanks

(1) (Reply)

International Farmers To Discuss Global Agric Concerns At Illinois Event / Need To Buy Cattle, Sheep And Goats For New Farm At Epe / Is It True About Orange Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.