Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Still On Amodu Shuiabu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Still On Amodu Shuiabu (503 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Still On Amodu Shuiabu by kenoxx(m): 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
I have heard and read a lot of criticism on the choice of the appointment of Amodu Shuiabu as the Eagles coach for just 2 games. While some argued that he has not been active for years, some wrote he's broke to have accepted the offer while many people believes his choice was wrong. I think in fairness to Amodu, he deserves praise for ALWAYS offering to step in when we find ourselves in this situation. 4 times he has been there before and he NEVER disapointed on any of the occassions! (I stand to b corrected).

First and foremost, let me ask those that said he was a wrong choice. How many of our local coaches could offer to be in charge of the Eagles for just 2 games when it was obvious that the NFF had settled to bring in a foreign coach? Can Equavoen, Oliseh, baba Onigbinde, Chukwu and even Samson Siasia or any other name u could think of agree to be part of this arrangement? I don't think so,they will all want a parmenent job. in this regard we should salute Amodu. Forget he's broke or whatever u cud b thinking.

Secondly, is it a natural progression that and a norm that the HEAD of a country or club technical commitee should step in as the head coach when d main coach is fired or leaves his post? I could be wrong aniway but I still remember that in a big club like Chelsea some years, Avram grant stepped in as the coach when Ancelotti was sacked before a parmement manager was appointed.

I trust Amodu to complete the task before him and trust him, he will gladly walk away from the post witout holding grudges. We as NIGERIANS most especially media men need now is to support Amodu

God bless Naija football
@ogunmilorokenny
Re: Still On Amodu Shuiabu by bakandow11: 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
well said my brother, he will jump at the offer den give his best, what else can we hope for

(1) (Reply)

40 Years Ago, Muhammad Ali Knocked Out George Foreman In “the Rumble In The Jung / Make Crazy Money This Weekend From Freesurebet / Joel Obi Fantastic Goal - AC Milan Vs Inter Milan 1-1 (serie A)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.