Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,542 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? (3095 Views)

Can You Send Your Child To This School ? (Photo) / Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. / Would you send your child to a boarding school? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Shedluck: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
This are List of Top15 Most Expensive Schools per annum school in Nigeria. 15. Lead British International School, Abuja - N1.5million per annum
14. Nigerian Turkish International College, Abuja - N1.6 million per annum
13. International Community School, Abuja - N1.9 million per annum
13. Dowen College - N2 million per annum.
12. Chrisland College, Ikeja - N2 million per annum
11. Atlantic Hall, Epe, Lagos - N2.27 million per
annum
10. Corona Secondary School, Agbara - N2.55
million per annum
9. Hillcrest School, Jos - N2.65 million per annum
8. Loyola Jesuit, Abuja - N2.8 million per annum
7. Meadow Hall, Lagos - N3 million per annum
6. Greensprings School - N3.185 million per annum
5. Whiteplains British School, Abuja - N3.6 million per annum
4. Day Waterman College, Abeokuta - N3.7 million per annum
3. Lekki British International High School, Lagos -N4 million per annum
2. British International School, Lagos - N4.48
million per annum
1. Grange School, Lagos - N4.5 million per annum....
Please can you answer one question for me? Is it not samething they are been taught with a school where they pay #50,00naira? Exclusive from:- Emirateloaded.com

2 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Princecalm(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
So you mean the people sending thier children to such schools are foolish or what? Their syllabus are typically different because they don't mostly sit for WAEC,they write exams such as SATS,IGCE and many more.Their environment is educationally friendly,presence of e-libraries and so many things.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Karleb(m): 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
Princecalm:
So you mean the people sending thier child to such school are foolish or what? Their syllabus are typically different because they don't mostly sit for WAEC,they write exams such as SATS,IGCE and many more.Their environment is educationally friendly,presence of e-libraries and so many things.

That they write SATS or no SATS means nothing to nobody or are you implying that people pay such huge amount just because they want to wirte SATS in oversea countries?

BTW, if there is money how much is N3m, so far it's all about my own kid education I'll be more than ready to pay!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Princecalm(m): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
Karleb:

That they write SATS or no SATS means nothing to nobody or are you implying that people pay such huge amount just because they want to wirte SATS in oversea countries?

BTW, if there is money how much is N3m, so far it's all about my own kid education I'll be more than ready to pay!
i never stated that the sole aim is to write those exams.you have made it more easier,what will be your aim of sending your child to a school where they pay 3million or is it just for spending sake because you believe they are being taught the same thing with a school where they pay 50k

2 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Karleb(m): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Princecalm:
i never stated that the sole aim is to write those ewams.you have made it more easier,what will be your aim of sending your child to a school where they pay 3million or is it just for spending sake because you believe the are being taught the same thing with a school where they pay 50k

First thing first, all these private schools where they pay exorbitant fee because they believe they give quality education are overhyped, because there are public schools where you can get such quality education without spending quarter of what a private school will demand.

...and lastly, what I meant was that; so far its all about my child education, I as a father will be more than ready to pay any amount if I have the money, be it N2000, N20,000 or N20,000,000.

1 Like

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Alexander01(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
Wey my own school na free,c moni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Youngsage: 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
why not, if they like the school

1 Like

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by rezzy: 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
I dont think meadow hall is up to 3m per annum. I once taught a girl lesson that attends that school. She is so hummm, dull. I even got tired. Their father said the school is growing on past glory, that it has nothing to offer.

When i have the money, i wish to put my children in schools like that, if not for anything, but their spoken English and mix up. Children who attend such schools tend to be sharper than their peers in other local school.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by lovinam: 2:19am On Oct 19, 2014
Yes
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by sekzy99(m): 3:28am On Oct 19, 2014
Wetin na, wen better skuls r around my hood. Dat mney na to invest dre future down unknown to dem
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by sekzy99(m): 3:31am On Oct 19, 2014
Alexander01:
Wey my own school na free,c moni
Wetin na, wen better skuls r around my hood. Dat mney na to invest dre future down unknown to dem
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 19, 2014
THEY SHOULD BETTER BE READY FOR NYSC AFTER SS3

4 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 19, 2014
[b][/b]KPAKAM.....
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 19, 2014
[/b]KPAKAM.....[b]
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by dridowu: 6:34am On Oct 19, 2014
Same content , different topic, mtcheeeeeeeeew
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Nogen: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2014
rezzy:
I dont think meadow hall is up to 3m per annum. I once taught a girl lesson that attends that school. She is so hummm, dull. I even got tired. Their father said the school is growing on past glory, that it has nothing to offer.

When i have the money, i wish to put my children in schools like that, if not for anything, but their spoken English and mix up. Children who attend such schools tend to be sharper than their peers in other local school.

What past glory are you talking about? How old is the school? What do you know about the school?

Apparently ,you are not a sound teacher because if you were, you would not regard any child as dull. No child is dull.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by itstpia1: 9:08am On Oct 19, 2014
what is with nlers and poverty mindset.

stop hating on rich people unnecessarily, and stop attacking their kids.

if any of you sees dangote today, na so so sycophant una go be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by fr3do(m): 10:02am On Oct 19, 2014
I have no problem with the fees (why should I? Na my money?)
But I'm worried that we are buying 'white' and foreign, all these schools have names that don't even sound Nigerian. I was watching an advert for one of these schools, in one of the scenes a teacher was showing the pupils pictures of dead american presidents. This anything-but-Nigerian-mindset Is unhealthy!

I hope these fees do not leave the country!
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Vstuffs(m): 10:17am On Oct 19, 2014
Ok..let me review the list again
IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS
NO...MY CHILD will not go to schools like that..their school fees is so cheap..MY Children WILL GO TO a SCHOOL when their school fee is above 50 million.....

2 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Caracta(f): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2014
Yes!!!!! Especially Corona! I'm a Corona-faithful!

If you have the money, spend it. No biggie!

1 Like

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by ugoboss26(m): 11:13am On Oct 19, 2014
In my entire years of schooling from kindergarten to my university level...I am not sure I spent up to 4 million in total for tuition, but here I am...I can still be outspoken enough, speak good English to a high standard and interact with those who attended these big schools without feeling inferior knowledge wise.

Moral lesson: Be confident your kid is worth spending all that amount on, if not it's gonna be a total waste if he/she can't even spell "psychosis" like my corper friend from covenant university.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by rezzy: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2014
Nogen:

What past glory are you talking about? How old is the school? What do you know about the school?

Apparently ,you are not a sound teacher because if you were, you would not regard any child as dull. No child is dull.

At least the school is close to 14 yrs(not too sure), cos i saw their last year's yearbook. I didnt say so, the girl's father did.

Lets be sincere, forget all those training they give us, no child is dull and bla bla bla, instead they av challenges.

Abeg sound teacher, na Greenspring you dey teach or Meadow Hall or where precisely?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by MisterLongman(m): 11:45am On Oct 19, 2014
Yeah if I can afford it, I will send my kids to one out of these schools
1. Nigeria turkish international college
2.Loyola jesuit college
3. Day waterman
But I prefer NTIC.....
@Op according to your last paragragh, na inferiority complex dey make you reason am like that...... If you have the money, spend it

2 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
The people that sent their kids there aren't spirit na!

Why can't I?

How much is too much to be spent on someone's kid?

1 Like

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Richiy(f): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
If I can afford it why the hell not

1 Like

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by DrWhizy(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
Nigerian turkish & lead British shouldn't even be on d list.
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by chimeluiz: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
ugoboss26:
In my entire years of schooling from kindergarten to my university level...I am not sure I spent up to 4 million in total for tuition, but here I am...I can still be outspoken enough, speak good English to a high standard and interact with those who attended these big schools without feeling inferior knowledge wise.

Moral lesson: Be confident your kid is worth spending all that amount on, if not it's gonna be a total waste if he/she can't even spell "psychosis" like my corper friend from covenant university.

Different strokes for different folks...

No one having completed Tertiary Education has total knowledge of all subject matter in his field of study not to mention all the Words in the dictionary. So calling out a particular school because of one of its students inability to spell a certain word is flawed judgement, as you stated the topmost priority is being able to communicate seamlessly with minimal error...
Let's not make mention of the various public schools whose graduates can't even complete a single sentence in plain English or can't differentiate last name from first name or adverb from adverbial phrase (I could go on and on)...
Remember; it's about the product not the institution

1 Like

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Why not? So far money no be problem I will do anything for my kids to be the best so far the venture is worth it.

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
rezzy:

thats a big lie...i cud agree with u on d point raised on spoken english,bt been sharp is so out of it...i've got facts that backs my claim.

1 Like

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Why not? Good education isn't cheap. And you don't want to be a cheapstake when it comes to learning.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by rezzy: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
hilaomo:
thats a big lie...i cud agree with u on d point raised on spoken english,bt been sharp is so out of it...i've got facts that backs my claim.

ok ooo, im just saying my own ooo because the pupils in my class (last session) btw age 9 and 10, talk like adults. So matured in their reasoning, ask you intelligent questions. (maybe not the sharp i mean because ajegunle children sharp die)
Re: Can You Send Your Kids To The List Of This Schools? by chumakk: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
If you are making 50k per month and dreaming of sending your kids to an expensive school. Then you need hot cane undecided

(1) (Reply)

A Magic Formula That Derives The Almighty Formula / Supply of (back 2 School) Shoes To Nursery, Primary And Secondary Schools / Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.