Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Tarpischev Slammed $25,000 Fine, 1-year Ban For Calling Serena And Venus "The... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tarpischev Slammed $25,000 Fine, 1-year Ban For Calling Serena And Venus "The... (879 Views)

Throw Back Serena And Venus Williams With Ronald And Nancy Regan / Serena And Venus Williams Live In Lagos, Meets Gov Fashola (pixs) / Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tarpischev Slammed $25,000 Fine, 1-year Ban For Calling Serena And Venus "The... by oyinkanolu: 3:53am On Oct 19, 2014
President of The Russian Tennis Federation |Shamil Tarpischev| has been slammed a shocking $25,000 (£15,500) fine for referring to Serena and Venus Williams as “the Williams brothers” on a TV chat show.
Tarpischev also received a one-year ban from involvement in the women’s tour.
Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) chief executive Stacy Allaster pointed out that the comments were “insulting, demeaning and have absolutely no place in our sport”.
However, Tarpischev denied having any malicious intent about the comment claiming it was a “joke.".

He added in a statement: “I didn’t want to offend any athlete with my words. I regret that this joke has garnered so much attention. I don’t think this incident deserves so much fuss.”

Read full story here - http://www.remspot.com.ng/2014/10/tarpischev-slammed-25000-fine-1-year.html

Re: Tarpischev Slammed $25,000 Fine, 1-year Ban For Calling Serena And Venus "The... by kennyslim1(m): 4:16am On Oct 19, 2014
You go fear “the Williams brothers” grin so the muscles made them "male"...so dude finds them sexy though lol
Re: Tarpischev Slammed $25,000 Fine, 1-year Ban For Calling Serena And Venus "The... by StealthyMe(m): 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Definitely....he should think they are

He or his sissy's (guys) cannot defeat them ; the only way he'll understand it is their being superior male undecided
Re: Tarpischev Slammed $25,000 Fine, 1-year Ban For Calling Serena And Venus "The... by philantoxx(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
very irresponsible thing to say.
I trust Putin to deal with him.

(1) (Reply)

Touching Story About Cristiano Ronaldo (must Read) / Nigeria Moves To 43rd In New FIFA Ranking. / Check Sure 3 - 5 Odds Daily Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.