Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors (1991 Views)

Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / Photograph Of Pastors Adeboye,tunde Bakare And Kumuyi Forty Years Ago / The Effectiveness Of Consistent Prayer & Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2014
Ebola is ravishing some countries in West Africa, killing in its thousands. Without any cure, many people are left to die and uncared for because of it contagious nature. This disease is drawing global attention, even Obama coined it a bio-terrorism disease. It is amazing that with the number of people dying everyday, little care is coming from the church and their leaders.

In West Africa alone, we have numerous men who claim to have knowlegde in healing all types of ailments. Where are these men when the world needs them. Where is the effectiveness of their assertion and why are they quiet? What is happening to their healing techniques and the gift they claimed to have obtained directly from their God?

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by atheistibomanus(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2014
THATS ONE REASON U SHOULD KNOW THAT RELIGION DOES NOT WORK. IF IT WORK THEY WILL BE OUT THERE MAKING IT HAPPEN AM HAPPY AM FREE FROM GOD AND RELIGION. I LIVE BY COMMON SENSE

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Macelliot(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2014
atheistibomanus:
THATS ONE REASON U SHOULD KNOW THAT RELIGION DOES NOT WORK. IF IT WORK THEY WILL BE OUT THERE MAKING IT HAPPEN AM HAPPY AM FREE FROM GOD AND RELIGION. I LIVE BY COMMON SENSE
You are Happy?
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2014
the funny part is when a victim gets cured with experimental drugs, they heads straight to church and gives money to pastor, people 'in their free will' just decided to be fools.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 9:37am On Oct 19, 2014
Scyllapatron:
the funny part is when a victim gets cured with experimental drugs, they heads straight to church and gives money to pastor, people 'in their free will' just decided to be fools.

Exactly, like that America missionary in Liberia who said Jesus healed him and that was when he was administered Zmapp. I really want to know where the pastors are. We are smiling and trying to engage in our normal activities, Ebola can creep back into this country again. Are these pastors true to themselves? If their healing techniques are effective, why are they not demonstrating this in countries affected by Ebola?

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Judas2013: 9:37am On Oct 19, 2014
This Ebola epidemic should be an eye opener to all those who have invested heavily in churches and other religious buildings. God is not real. Nature is real. All pastors are fraudulent...... Ebola is not a test of anyone's faith,people should beware of the bible and its false teachings. You are more likely to contact Ebola in a church.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:

Exactly, like that America missionary in Liberia who said Jesus healed him and that was when he was administered Zmapp.

the question is 'why didn't jesus heal him in liberia?' he had to be airlifted to the US and treated with Zmapp? this reveals a lot about the fallacy in jesus theory.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2014
Judas2013:
This Ebola epidemic should be an eye opener to all those who have invested heavily in churches and other religious buildings. God is not real. Nature is real. All pastors are fraudulent...... Ebola is not a test of anyone's faith,people should beware of the bible and its false teachings. You are more likely to contact Ebola in a church.

My brother Ebola no dey look face oh. It doesn't know race, religion or class. It is a deadly disease and funny enough these pastors claims it is from the devil. The number of prayers conducted on this devil, by now he should be dead. Either the devil doesn't exist or the prayers are not effectiveness.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 19, 2014
Judas2013:

religion itself is equally a dangerous epidemic as ebola. do you know that you could be attacked in liberia if you tell them to stop investing in churches and pastors? the bola virus attacks the immune system while the religious virus attacks the brain and mind.
they die in the streets praying and fasting for a jewish deity to remove ebola, instead of funding their health ministry in research for drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 9:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Scyllapatron:

religion itself is equally a dangerous epidemic as ebola. do you know that you could be attacked in liberia if you tell them to stop investing in churches and pastors? the bola virus attacks the immune system while the religious virus attacks the brain and mind.
they die in the streets praying and fasting for a jewish deity to remove ebola, instead of funding their health ministry in research for drugs.

Oh what a shame. Nature has given us everything we need. It is only a matter of time, the cure will be discovered soon and likewise for cancer. I also heard diabetics cure has been found.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Judas2013: 9:54am On Oct 19, 2014
Scyllapatron:

I couldn't have put it better than you did. Certainly Ebola and Christianity are hazardous to a human being. Christianity as well as Ebola needs a rapid cure.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:

My brother Ebola no dey look face oh. It doesn't know race, religion or class. It is a deadly disease and funny enough these pastors claims it is from the devil. The number of prayers conducted on this devil, by now he should be dead. Either the devil doesn't exist or the prayers are not effectiveness.

the same way our ancestor believed evil spirits caused malaria ? thats the nitwit african mentality born of pure ignorance and foolishness, it is still being used as a pentecostal tool to manipulate fools.
...and you see semi educated schooled morons sit like dullards and believe that diseases are from evil spirit, just because a mentally deranged pastor said so.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Judas2013: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:

After all these years of prayers and fasting,the devil is still somehow alive,that's amazing! It shows there is a lot of lies about religion. Shockingly, most churches are filled to the max as we are speaking. I heard Nigeria has managed to contain Ebola so far,Religion should be next!
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:

Oh what a shame. Nature has given us everything we need. It is only a matter of time, the cure will be discovered soon and likewise for cancer. I also heard diabetics cure has been found.

..... the truth is africans would rather blame devil for their malaria, than to keep their environment clean and avoid mosquitoes.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 10:01am On Oct 19, 2014
Judas2013:

After all these years of prayers and fasting,the devil is still somehow alive,that's amazing! It shows there is a lot of lies about religion. Shockingly, most churches are filled to the max as we are speaking. I heard Nigeria has managed to contain Ebola so far,Religion should be next!

Nigeria curtailed it because some people decided to do the right thing. If we were all reluctant and deceived ourself by saying - greater is he in me than he in the world, by now Lagos population would have reduced by 50 percent.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 19, 2014
Judas2013:

nigerian's ability to contain ebola swiftly was principally because of the warnings and precautions given to the pentecostal fraud-healers by the health ministry, otherwise it would have been a different case.
the pastors were severely cautioned not to play their pentecostal-pranks with ebola and they stayed off, hence the health ministry was able to handle the issue swiftly.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:

Nigeria curtailed it because some people decided to do the right thing. If we were all reluctant and deceived ourself by saying - greater is he in me than he in the world, by now Lagos population would have reduced by 50 percent.

now, imagine what could happen if we shove off all these religious bullshits and work to solve our environmental issues. imagine how peaceful northern nigeria would be, imagine how developed our country would be, etc.....

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 10:18am On Oct 19, 2014
Scyllapatron:

now, imagine what could happen if we shove off all these religious bullshits and work to solve our environmental issues. imagine how peaceful northern nigeria would be, imagine how developed our country would be, etc.....

Very difficult to imagine. Religion has turned us apart, made us less progressive because we depend on higher powers to come do the work for us. Kept us in darkness and killing us slowly. Oh I forgot, religion is enriching its leaders and improvishing its followers

2 Likes

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:

Very difficult to imagine. Religion has turned us apart, made us less progressive because we depend on higher powers to come do the work for us. Kept us in darkness and killing us slowly. Oh I forgot, religion is enriching its leaders and improvishing its followers

lol!! the religious leaders are expanding their enterprises, building institutions, investing in non religious profitable sectors, etc,
while the moronic followers are waiting for jesus to fall from the sky and take them to paradise. ..pathetic.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by nora544: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2014
This pastors are very silent, what is with pastor chris healing school why he dinot go to liberia, or Siera leone.

He knows that he is a sharlatan and not more.

why you will not hear from any pastor that he give money tho help against Ebola.

At the moment allthe money comes from europa and america and not one so called great man of god donate a kobo,

Where are all this fraudsters with there money they keep it.

Also Adeboye speak some days ago that the end is near so why he couldnot sell his jet and give the money to help to work against Ebola.

I know how it is to work there my daughter a scientist she is since two month in siera leone to help, she step away from her good job in UK to help, she is a christian but we are different from this pentecost fraudsters, this fake Pastors.

What is with oyedepo the richest pastir in africa nothing come from this devil in sheep clothes no kobo and he will be a real christian he and adeboye and all the other rich nigerian pastors are a disgrace for a real christian.

What would happen when we from europa and america and asia not help with money.

this now shows the real face of this fake God of Man.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by paulGrundy(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:
Ebola is ravishing some countries in West Africa, killing in its thousands. Without any cure, many people are left to die and uncared for because of it contagious nature. This disease is drawing global attention, even Obama coined it a bio-terrorism disease. It is amazing that with the number of people dying everyday, little care is coming from the church and their leaders.

In West Africa alone, we have numerous men who claim to have knowlegde in healing all types of ailments. Where are these men when the world needs them. Where is the effectiveness of their assertion and why are they quiet? What is happening to their healing techniques and the gift they claimed to have obtained directly from their God?

Hello Mr Boss13, smiley
I was justing skimming through this thread and intended leaving, until the bolded caught my attention.
You did raise a very interesting question, as a firm beliver in miracles I do believe that the power/gift to heal is given by God as a sign to accompany witnessing/soul-winning. To validate the message of the gospel, not for medical reasons. Remember not everybody who seeks healing from Men of God receive their healing, that alone is proof that the gift cannot be turned on and off like a light switch. I hope this explanation has been of help to you.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by nora544: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

Hello Mr Boss13, smiley
I was justing skimming through this thread and intended leaving, until the bolded caught my attention.
You did raise a very interesting question, as a firm beliver in miracles I do believe that the power/gift to heal is given by God as a sign to accompany witnessing/soul-winning. To validate the message of the gospel, not for medical reasons. Remember not everybody who seeks healing from Men of God receive their healing, that alone is proof that the gift cannot be turned on and off like a light switch. I hope this explanation has been of help to you.

you don't need a pastor to get the healing from God,

This nigerian pentecost man of God are all fraudsters and all what the want is to enrich them self and what they make is to sell the gospel and that is herensey.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

Hello Mr Boss13, smiley

isn't it ridiculous that god is using miracle tricks to win back the souls he supposedly created? does it make sense to you?
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by paulGrundy(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2014
nora544:

you don't need a pastor to get the healing from God,

This nigerian pentecost man of God are all fraudsters and all what the want is to enrich them self and what they make is to sell the gospel and that is herensey.

Mark 16:17

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

Shalom cool
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by paulGrundy(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2014
Scyllapatron:

isn't it ridiculous that god is using miracle tricks to win back the souls he supposedly created? does it make sense to you?

It depends on the mind set we are looking at it from, you see it from an atheist perspective, I see it from a fundamental christians perspective. As a born again bible believing christian, I believe miracles is a way of God to confound the philosophies and systems of thoughts of men.
Yes God created the soul of men for his glory to worship him wholeheartedly and willingly not until satan snatched us from his claws. He wants to win back that love and fellowship our great fore fathers had for him, not by force (if he wants to, he can do that by the way) but by love and gently persuasion.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

Hello Mr Boss13, smiley

Come on Paul please this isn't right. Do we now need scientists to come up with a technology to measure the degree of faith in a person before a pastor lay his hands. Why do we continue to make excuses for these men. Please also note, People will go to extreme length in desperate situation to resolve their issue and that's faith my brother. I am certainly sure that if one brave MOG from the whole lot decides to go to Liberia and organize a crusade, the country will close down. Also, why are they no sending funds even if they cannot heal them?
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

It depends on the mind set we are looking at it from, you see it from an atheist perspective, I see it from a fundamental christians perspective. As a born again bible believing christian, I believe miracles is a way of God to confound the philosophies and systems of thoughts of men.
Yes God created the soul of men for his glory to worship him wholeheartedly and willingly not until satan snatched us from his claws. He wants to win back that love and fellowship our great fore fathers had for him, not by force (if he wants to, he can do that by the way) but by love and gently persuasion.

@the bold- he tried it once with noah and the flood but it never worked lol!
now, how omnipotent is your god that satan snatched you from his 'claws' ? shouldn't his omnipotence be questioned at that juncture?
finally, isn't god who created men with those philosophies and system of thought in the first place?
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by nora544: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2014
paulGrundy:

Fundamental christians, I know them.

you go a fake way.

I saw a documentationabout fundametal christians in america and what i hear about them is realy dangerous, because when the head of them is working together with the head of the ku klux clan that say all to me.

and when I hear a woman need not to go to school she will learn all from her mother at home who teacher her and that is is better to know how to serve tea because she could get an invitation to the queen in uk that show me all.

they didnot want to send their kids to the school because they will learn something what is not in the bible and that is about the evolution.
all what they need to know is in the bible how fake is this.

1 Like

Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by Boss13: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2014
Now Paul let me tell you a personal story. I believe in a universal force, a higher deity be it God or any name you choose. I grew up a Christian but began to see some irregularities that I could not condone. My late sweet mother who passed on in May 2014, was a staunch Christian, very devoted and prayerful. Apart from being a mom, her other activities were church activities even her work could not compete with the church activities. My mom died of breast cancer and during her painful period, I knelt down and weep to God and I told him, in tears to heal my mother and that I would return back a Christian. The doctors frankly told us that my mom's cancer was at terminal stage. The news hits hard like a rock, and even as I type this there is tears in my eyes.

Behold pastors were coming. I even took part in a prayer session and the pastor bluntly said my mother will not die and I can see and smell the faith from my mother. The hospital bills were running high and I told my family that we should forget the bills, as long as my mother was hopeful and fighting to live, we must continue to pay. My mother had hope, she had faith and these pastors fueled her faith but she died. Paul, my mother died. So Paul don't you sit there and find excuses for these fraudsters and also don't you fuel my anger this morning please.
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by paulGrundy(m): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2014
Scyllapatron:

@the bold- he tried it once with noah and the flood but it never worked lol!
now, how omnipotent is your god that satan snatched you from his 'claws' ? shouldn't his omnipotence be questioned at that juncture?
finally, isn't god who created men with those philosophies and system of thought in the first place?

You have to understand sir, that there are two forces at work in the earth today, forces of Good and Evil. The forces of evil dominates our world today, it is responsible for the epidemics, flood, violence and wickedness in the world today. Although I do not seem to have the explanation as to why bad things happen to good people, but I believe our creator has a good purpose for allowing that. In time his grand design will unfold and then we would see that he is the extra-odinary strategist. smiley
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by paulGrundy(m): 11:32am On Oct 19, 2014
nora544:

Fundamental christians, I know them.

you go a fake way.

I saw a documentationabout fundametal christians in america and what i hear about them is realy dangerous, because when the head of them is working together with the head of the ku klux clan that say all to me.

and when I hear a woman need go to school she will learn all from her mother at home who teacher her and that is is better to know how to serve tea because he could get an invitation to the queen in uk that show me all.

they didnot want to send their kids to the school because they will learn something what is not in the bible and that is about the evolution.
all what they need to know is in the bible how fake is this.

Hello nora, have you considered the possibility that you might have misinterpreted what I said? smiley
Re: Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors by nora544: 11:33am On Oct 19, 2014
Boss13:
Now Paul let me tell you a personal story. I believe in a universal force, a higher deity be it God or any name you choose. I grew up a Christian but began to see some irregularities that I could not condone. My late sweet mother who passed on in May 2014, was a staunch Christian, very devoted and prayerful. Apart from being a mom, her other activities were church activities even her work could not compete with the church activities. My mom died of breast cancer and during her painful period, I knelt down and weep to God and I told him, in tears to heal my mother and that I would return back a Christian. The doctors frankly told us that my mom's cancer was at terminal stage. The news hits hard like a rock, and even as I type this there is tears in my eyes.

Behold pastors were coming. I even took part in a prayer session and the pastor bluntly said my mother will not die and I can see and smell the faith from my mother. The hospital bills were running high and I told my family that we should forget the bills, as long as my mother was hopeful and fighting to live, we must continue to pay. My mother had hope, she had faith and these pastors fueled her faith but she died. Paul, my mother died. So Paul don't you sit there and find excuses for these fraudsters.

I have real the same story, my mother and my husband died on cancer. my mother was like your mother she has hope till the end. My husband has also hop till his end because I didnot tell him that I got the message that he will die, that was about one year before and it comes in the night I was out with my dog for a walk and it comes like a flah from the sky, but I stay strong and didnot told him about this.

I know it long before my husbands death that there will be not help, but I give him the feeling that he will get better and that helps him and he was no christian.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Much Ado About Giving And Receiving / Do I Have A Spiritual Wife? / Hijama/cupping In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.