Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean (771 Views)

How Is The Network Coverage In Your Area? / Check The Network Your Iphone Is Locked To / Multilink Nigeria; About The Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
Its pains me as a student anytime I spend a large chunk of my allowance on internet service subscription..The internet service providers in this country are so mean and rigid with internet services that MOST smartphones Users in Nigeria get to use less than 2% of their phone SPEC because of Lack of internet Subscription and exorbitant Price of Data..I pray things change in future..maybe its because we are still a developing country because in the USA, it cost as low a $25/N4000 to connect your entire HOUSE to the internet and ALL your devices will be browsing...It pains me alot

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by diceman1: 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
OP, I agree with you totally. I think ISPs in Nigeria are one of the most unpatriotic businessmen in the country. They shortchange you and never give you value for money. They can't be trusted as far as I am concerned. Nigeria has no business having slow internet or limited bandwidths considering the amount of infrastructure the country has in terms of submarine cables and fibre optic lines not to mention the demand that would set international companies toungues waging. Even free wifi spots in some selected places is beyond the governments capabilities. I suggest we do something about it....... Don't know what for now.
Re: OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
diceman1:
OP, I agree with you totally. I think ISPs in Nigeria are one of the most unpatriotic businessmen in the country. They shortchange you and never give you value for money. They can't be trusted as far as I am concerned. Nigeria has no business having slow internet or limited bandwidths considering the amount of infrastructure the country has in terms of submarine cables and fibre optic lines not to mention the demand that would set international companies toungues waging. Even free wifi spots in some selected places is beyond the governments capabilities. I suggest we do something about it....... Don't know what for now.
You just mentioned the word""Unpatriotic" That's what they really Are!! This is what can be done not only to improve standard of living but also to attract investors to send up Companies in the country..Something Really need to be done about this•• Nigerians are suffering in the Hands of ISPs
Re: OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
Honestly, not to talk of the fact that some areas in The country are still wallowing in the bottomless pit of Gprs/Edge, with proper HSPA services. SMH.
Re: OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mennh...Which Way Nigeria?!
Re: OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by shaggy007(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
^^^^

See as una dey.

Na just to dey complain for Internet, year in year out.

When we want change, we will all come together for a revolution.

If we are not ready to die for our country, then we should all STFU!

Bloody complainants.
Re: OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by asudan: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
Osahon7:
Its pains me as a student anytime I spend a large chunk of my allowance on internet service subscription..The internet service providers in this country are so mean and rigid with internet services that MOST smartphones Users in Nigeria get to use less than 2% of their phone SPEC because of Lack of internet Subscription and exorbitant Price of Data..I pray things change in future..maybe its because we are still a developing country because in the USA, it cost as low a $25/N4000 to connect your entire HOUSE to the internet and ALL your devices will be browsing...It pains me alot
I understand your plight but u see the Nigeria government is not helping matters at all.the following need are some of the reasons why we will keep on getting poor internet service in Nigeria.
1.Multiple tax system (state tax operators,coMmunity and federal government)
2. Inadequate power supply resulting to the use of generators.
3.No enough base stations to absorbed calls and data leading to congestion and slow networks
4.Persistent vandalisation of optic fibres,base station equipment e.t.c
Even if the price of data comes down and some of these problems are not addressed,we will go back to square one. Those who are already tweaking and changing their imei to that blackberry to use glo bis should remember what happened when airtel did theirs and learn from it. Have you wonder why mtn and etisalat doesn't allow bis on non bb phones? Secondly why mtn and etisalat especially etisalat is fast to some extend in browsing?.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by diceman1: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
shaggy007:
^^^^

See as una dey.

Na just to dey complain for Internet, year in year out.

When we want change, we will all come together for a revolution.

If we are not ready to die for our country, then we should all STFU!

Bloody complainants.

Sorry but we are not going to revolt. So run along and go and take your pills.
Re: OPINION: The Network Providers And ISPs In Nigeria Are Very Mean by shaggy007(m): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
diceman1:

Sorry but we are not going to revolt. So run along and go and take your pills.

Pills taken.

Now go back and keep complaining till you are ready for a revolution.

Complainant.

(1) (Reply)

Help: Fairly Used Bb Bold5 Or A Brand New Tecno M3, Which Is Preferable? / Find Innjoo Fans And Join In The Innjoo Forum Together / Hw Much Does Blackberry Bold 6 Cost??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.