Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Smart Phones Replacing Bible.. LOL - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Smart Phones Replacing Bible.. LOL (468 Views)

Ur Opinion On Ipad Replacing Bible / Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smart Phones Replacing Bible.. LOL by soldierdollar(m): 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Technology has changed a few things; even in the mode of worship by Christians. Nowadays, smart phones and tablets have continued to be used extensively in churches in reading bible verses and is continuously trying to replace the bible.

What's your opinion? Can it be used to cast demons, heal the sick?.. I mean does it have any spiritual Powers like the regular bible?

curled from http://naijasuya..com/2014/10/smart-phones-replacing-bible-lol.html
Re: Smart Phones Replacing Bible.. LOL by asalimpo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Watis d bible?
The paperback or leather bound book?
The pages containing d words?
Or the words themselves?

In the new testament Jesus read from the book of isaiah from a scroll.
I guess if they saw a normal bible,they'd have opened a thread saying "Books trying to replace Scriptures ".
I dont doubt tht the books holdg the words could b blessed but
humans will always gravitate towards convenience.
Slates replacimg lappies .
Laptops displacing desktops.
Convenience is addictive.

1 Like

Re: Smart Phones Replacing Bible.. LOL by soldierdollar(m): 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
asalimpo:
Watis d bible?
The paperback or leather bound book?
The pages containing d words?
Or the words themselves?

In the new testament Jesus read from the book of isaiah from a scroll.
I guess if they saw a normal bible,they'd have opened a thread saying "Books trying to replace Scriptures ".
I dont doubt tht the books holdg the words could b blessed but
humans will always gravitate towards convenience.
Slates replacimg lappies .
Laptops displacing desktops.
Convenience is addictive.

Conventionally, it is normal for a new bible to be blessed to become efficacious otherwise, it is just an ordinary paper ( so they say ).
Does the use of smart phones instead of the bible not bypass this norm?
Re: Smart Phones Replacing Bible.. LOL by kennyslim1(m): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Spiritual powers comes from the knowledge of the Word Of God, not the written word of God. Casting out demons is done by Spoken Words not by shoving the "bible" at the person's face.
Re: Smart Phones Replacing Bible.. LOL by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 20, 2014
The bible would serve its Purpose whether it is in the Soft or Hard Form. The most important thing is what do you gain from your Bible. Most of the Soft Bibles have a lot of versions making personal study easier and faster. The concordance and reference are good and even on some you can scan through 2 to 3 versions at the same time. If the Mobile bible is used right then its absolutely the best

(1) (Reply)

Can Vs Ilorin People / With Better Economic Conditions, Would We Still Be This Religious? / Pastor, Charged With Cutting Toddler’s Finger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.