Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? (774 Views)

5 Men Of God Who Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves. / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by bingbagbo(m): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Questions unbelievers often ask about Christ:

" If Jesus is God, why was He praying?...was He praying to another God?"

" Why did He say the father is greater than i am?"
" Who was He crying to Abba father on the cross?"

1 Peter 2 : 21 ANSWERS these baby questions " To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."

CHRIST was God manifested in flesh to teach men how to live and worship HIM....

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition

KNOW THE GOD YOU SERVE, GOD IS NOT 3....GOD IS 1.....GOD BLESS YOU
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by SirHouloo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
God bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by gise: 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
When Paul lived the only bible was the tanakh and god was invisible and a spirit. Torah was not to be added to and no human was to be equated with Yhwh . Followers of Paul added to the tanakh with their new testament and Muslims and Mormons came along with their own books. Paul had no basis for making Jesus god and Jesus had no basis for claiming to be god not even miracles because other Jews did miracles in the tanakh and none of them were God
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by gise: 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
Let me also add that before moses hammrabi had a law code and the Egyptians and other groups had laws
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by bingbagbo(m): 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
gise:
When Paul lived the only bible was the tanakh and god was invisible and a spirit. Torah was not to be added to and no human was to be equated with Yhwh . Followers of Paul added to the tanakh with their new testament and Muslims and Mormons came along with their own books. Paul had no basis for making Jesus god and Jesus had no basis for claiming to be god not even miracles because other Jews did miracles in the tanakh and none of them were God

1 Corinthians 1:18

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ask Jesus now
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by MightySparrow: 12:54am On Oct 20, 2014
bingbagbo:
Questions unbelievers often ask about Christ:

" If Jesus is God, why was He praying?...was He praying to another God?"

" Why did He say the father is greater than i am?"
" Who was He crying to Abba father on the cross?"

1 Peter 2 : 21 ANSWERS these baby questions " To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."

CHRIST was God manifested in flesh to teach men how to live and worship HIM....

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition

KNOW THE GOD YOU SERVE, GOD IS NOT 3....GOD IS 1.....GOD BLESS YOU

Nice question.

If you read the Bible systematically you will get your answer. Just start residing from Genesis through to Revelation with no bias. Read as many timed as you can.

One thing you will discover is that generally the Bible principle is like solving a mathematical equation: going from known to unknown. Study john and try to see the correlation with the prophets.
If you pick questions like this you may not understand the Bible.
I used to ask questions like these, using this method, I am convinced beyond any iota of doubt that Jesus is nothing less than God.
In any case what is God? The highest class of being there is. .Before the Beginning, there were no creatures no need for the being to be called God. When the beginning came and there was need to create, there was need to sort out by classes hence the title God, angels, man universe etc when man fell in the Garden he as the image of God is not less than God - made man as one one of highest part of beings - god. This is real grace man fell from - his godship. This is what the Father has wanted to bring back. You will see strange statements in John 14 - 17, like "I came out of the Father....' I go to the Father.' etc. In fact, you will notice that until Jesus made the disciples confess this he didn't submit himself for crucifixion.

Before this time, He had argued about this this same question when accused of making Himself equal to God. He said,' if he called them gods unto whom the word came.......'
Now, a believer is elevated to the same status. Ye are gods Psalm 84. We partake of His define nature.

This is the general principle of the Bible. If He is not God he cannot represent God fully, if He is not man he cannot represented man fuIly; in Revelations, you will see a statement like The "Mystery of God should be finished.' answering I Tim. 3: 16.

If you really want to learn, read to get answer yourself, this. is the reason I deliberately did not quote scriptures much. God bless.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by bingbagbo(m): 8:05am On Jan 03, 2016
cool
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? by bingbagbo(m): 8:05am On Jan 03, 2016
cool cool

(1) (Reply)

10 Modern Day Church Lessons From The Beatitudes / The Great Prayer Experiment / Thanksgiving Thread For 2014.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.