Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

How I Was Lured Into Acting With A Bottle Of Coca-cola —aderupoko - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Was Lured Into Acting With A Bottle Of Coca-cola —aderupoko (968 Views)

Nigerian Actors Who Combine Acting With Lecturing Jobs (Photos) / Dad Did Not Let Us Into Acting - Late Sam Loco Efe's Son / Nollywood Actress Patience Ozokwor Says Hunger Forced Her Into Acting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Lured Into Acting With A Bottle Of Coca-cola —aderupoko by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Following over thirty years as a professional actor, Kayode Olaiya better known as Aderupoko has literally become an household name.

While speaking with the Nigerian Tribune, Aderupoko didn't fail to reveal the circumstance that lead him into acting, here his what he said;

I started my career with Western Nigeria Television (WNTV) and Western Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation (WNBC), first in Africa at Agodi in Ibadan as a story teller. It was a live programme then and we do come on air between 4p.m and 10 p.m. when the late sage Obafemi Awolowo introduced TV. Where we have the Oyo State Government house today used to be a bushy place. My friends and I usually go to the place to pluck mangoes and hew tree. I was a student then. One day, when we were coming from where we had gone to pluck mangoes, one man walked up to us and asked us if we could tell stories. We were about eight, but all my friends ran away except me. He beckoned to me, so I walked up to him. I thought he was going to scold me for not running away like my colleagues, but to my surprise, he asked me if I could be coming around with my friends to tell evening stories. I told I will be coming. He asked me to go and tell my friends so that we could all be part of it. I was saddled with the responsibility of telling the story to my friends. After some time, the late Hubert Ogunde came in for a stage performance called Olo ngbo Dudu (Black Cat).

How did those people ensure that you stayed, did they entice you in anyway?

Yes, I could remember that the only time we used to drink soft drinks like Coca-Cola and Fanta was during festive seasons like Christmas and Ileya. They ensured that we drink a bottle of Fanta or Coca-Cola each time we came so that we will always come back. We became so happy that we hardly miss a day because we knew we would drink Coca-Cola and Fanta. Even my friends who did not like the idea in the first place later joined us because of Coca-Cola. That was not the only thing we enjoyed, we were also given money. I could remember that we collected one pound, which we shared among ourselves.

The veteran actor however failed to reveal what led to the name Aderupoko.

http://www.whonaija.com/2014/10/how-i-was-lured-into-acting-with-bottle.html

Re: How I Was Lured Into Acting With A Bottle Of Coca-cola —aderupoko by Airforce1(m): 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Bottle of coca cola grin
Re: How I Was Lured Into Acting With A Bottle Of Coca-cola —aderupoko by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
this story get as e be oh
Re: How I Was Lured Into Acting With A Bottle Of Coca-cola —aderupoko by Cokacola: 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
angry angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: How I Was Lured Into Acting With A Bottle Of Coca-cola —aderupoko by icebebe(f): 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
I no no why I no believe dis story
Re: How I Was Lured Into Acting With A Bottle Of Coca-cola —aderupoko by benkings(m): 11:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
Its like the tribal mark on his face was done with a broken coca cola bottle grin

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Tiwa Savage’s Different Outfits For London MAVIN Concert / Beyonce Highest Paid Woman In Music In 2014 With $115 Million: Forbes / Robbery Suspect Gets Stuck Trying To Escape His Cell In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.