Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207973 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2014
trustman:

Hagin said:

"Making a New Testament application of Old Testament technicalities violates every principle of Bible interpretation, especially when there isn't a single New Testament usage of the word "firstfruits" in the context in which it is being preached by some ministers. 

The concept of firstfruits is not used in the New Testament in reference to financial giving. There is not even the vaguest hint of it by any New Testament writer in reference to money or the support of ministers."

The commonsense understanding of what Hagin said is simply this: Hagin does not advocate the demand for or the paying of 'Firstfruits'. 
However since your church believes in it strongly you are finding it hard to wriggle out of it. 
You have good 'comprehension' don't you?
Then explain these portions to us. 

If the above colored is what you lot want to use to nullify first fruits, if from it you conclude Hagin condemned it, why then doesn't it apply To tithing Hagin wrote about? You remember Hagin said some of his brethren brought the cotton they farmed as tithes, did Hagin send them away? What if they brought cash?

If firstruits were not controversial, and you work in a barber shop, and Hagin wrote the above bold, rrom your angle of reasoning, how do you intend giving your firstruits?Your clippers or the cut hair?

For the last time, Hagin was using the above colored to say those preachers who claim to be priests and that firstfruits belong to them, that was the technicalities. It however is not the center point of the book, why you guys are carrying it on the head is bewildering. grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2014
Gombs:

I give in cash terms because I can't give my job to church smiley

I take it then you readily admit to practicing something totally alien to the New covenant? If it is alien to the new covenant, that makes it a false doctrine to Christians. I take it then that you have no qualms about propagating a totally false and alien practice in the church?

It is well

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2014
Candour:

If you believe that he didn't condemn it but you DO NOT DENY that he said First fruits has nothing to do with money and has nothing to do with support for ministers, i would ask how you now do your first fruits giving? If you agree that first fruits has NOTHING to do with money, what then makes up first fruits today?

There is a soon to be released "Thriller" on Nairaland. A Christ Embassy member who said he contracted HIV not by sleeping around, not by accidental infection but because he didn't pay his firstfruit. Stay tuned... coming soon on nl religion section.

Bro, that's the depth of the bondage... another one is here giving us "theophanic" revelation of tithing and holy communion being on the same pedestal. The only problem with this sublime revelation is that there is no bible verse that supports it.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2014
Gombs:

If the above colored is what you lot want to use to nullify first fruits, if from it you conclude Hagin condemned it, why then doesn't it apply To tithing Hagin wrote about? You remember Hagin said some of his brethren brought the cotton they farmed as tithes, did Hagin send them away? What if they brought cash?

@the bolded, Did they also bring first fruits? How come he didn't give this example under his thoughts on first fruits if indeed he believed first fruits offerings have anything to do with Christians?

EDIT: I just remembered sef. where there no barbers, or bankers in 2000 when Hagin wrote that book? how come he still insisted that First fruits had nothing to do with money in the new testament?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2014
The reason is because Hagins thinks BOTH OT and NT (Jesus) taught about tithes while only OT taught Firstfruits. To him tithing stretches from Abraham to Jesus in Hebrew 7. So once again to Hagins Firstfruits is Old Testament while tithing transcends the testaments undecided

You really think Hagin would say this;
"Making a New Testament application of Old Testament technicalities violates every principle of Bible interpretation, especially when there isn't a single New Testament usage of the word "firstfruits" in the context in which it is being preached by some ministers.

And then proceed to teach 'proper' Firstfruits? He is saying there is ZERO basis for Firstfruits in the NT in reference to ANY giving monetary or otherwise not to mention giving to pastors
Gombs:

If the above colored is what you lot want to use to nullify first fruits, if from it you conclude Hagin condemned it, why then doesn't it apply To tithing Hagin wrote about?

For the last time, Hagin was using the above colored to say those preachers who claim to be priests and that firstfruits belong to them, that was the technicalities. It however is not the center point of the book, why you guys are carrying it on the head is bewildering. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2014
Chapter 8 Loading... 24 principles from the Epistles regarding Money, giving and receiving

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
I can see clearly that this was the book a pastor I know read so as to take his position against firstfruit and for tithing. This pastor is a Haginite to the core, and for him to disagree with churches like RCCG on firstfruit will require a higher authority. That authority was Kenneth Hagin. God knows what else could have happened if Hagin had told the whole truth.

What Kenneth Hagin wrote in this book is his belief and practice in ministry. His calling his lieutenants for a meeting was a bid to impose his views on them, to at the least reduce the shame and ignominy WoF was bring American Pentecostalism. What Hagin did not realize was that the doctrine he helped create has a life of it's own. This doctrine started in mid 19th century with a certain life. It translated to many forms including Christian science, etc. By early 19th century, E W Kenyon had adapted it to bible format. Kenneth Hagin simply help publish and popularize Kenyon's efforts. By the time of Hagin writing this book, this doctrine had grown to a monstrous looking being that Kenneth himself did not recognize. Therefore he wrote Midas Touch to restore the monster to its original looks. By the time of his death, Hagin himself must have realized that he had failed.

It leads us to a biblical truth which is the blessing of orthodoxy. Truth doesn't change. Heresies blossom. There is an apostolic doctrine taught and recorded in scriptures. Those doctrine were rediscovered in the 16th century Reformation, since then the evangelical church has endeavored to remain faithful to orthodoxy. Word of Faith despises orthodoxy and in its place has found for itself an evolving doctrine on faith.

That's tragedy behind the book called Midas Touch. The whole truth was for Hagin to have simply said I was wrong ...

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
goD mbaemeka before whom Christ's knees will bow and beg to take you home,thinking is a free gift even to satanists. Please use it
How would a private rebuke to Peter help the Jews who were with Paul the likes of Barnabas who were equally affected by the hypocrisy.

THEM ALL means all those who witnessed and followed Peter's hypocrisy and probably the thoroughly embarrassed Gentiles as well. Either way, that was not a private rebuke cheesy cheesy

You want to know who were sent from James? Study Acts 15 and see who were sent to deliver the first Christian epistle:
Acts 15:22,25-26 King James Version (KJV)
22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:......

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I can see you are mischievously attempting to read between the line and claim that it is Holy Spirit revelation who told you that Peter was rebuked before the apostles and elders AWAY from the holloi poloi. Negro try hard and come up with a more intelligent excuse for covering your goD Oyaks cheesy

Read again
Galatians 2:13-14
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

See the 'THEM ALL' of verse 14 are 'THEY' that 'WALKED NOT UPRIGHTLY' and they include the 'OTHER JEWS' of verse 13 among whom we had Barnabas who did not come from Jerusalem(v9)?

PS: Am really curious as to whether this incidence happened before or after the Jerusalem council of Acts 15 & Cornelius conversion. I lean towards AFTER seeing Peter readily sat with Gentiles and the circumcision debate appears to have been settled from Paul's words in the rebuke. This would heavily magnify Peter's hypocrisy and warrant not just a sharp rebuke but a public one and a record of the same to another church as a stern warning. Does it bother you that Paul had no qualms publicizing this event long after it occurred to the Galatia commoners?

How you can see the obvious truths and still clutch on to strawman's is what is most befuddling of all. It might come to you as a shock but I have done a very good research on what occured in ANTIOCH and not Galatia as you posited. I however agree with you that Paul's rebuke of Peter happened after the Jerusalem council but I disagree with you on the who and who that were there while it transpired and it is not hard to know why.

Shortly after the Jerusalem meeting Paul and Barnabas were on their way to Antioch to continue with the Gentile commission. James (the leader of the Jerusalem church) sent his 'Chief Men' or 'Excos' to join them and ensure that Paul adhered to the conclusions of the meeting i.e give to the poor, don't let them eat meat strangled or dedicated to Idols etc., the very things that Paul was willing to do. Peter later joined in before Silas and co (the Chief men) arrived and behaved himself only to act like a hypocrite when they came. Some of the men that came with Silas also behaved hypocritically and their antics swayed Barnabas to join in. This attitude infuriated Paul so he corrected Peter infront of them all. Them all being- the chief men like Silas and co, (co means other Jews that travelled with him) and Barnabas, Paul's companion. Paul did it to their hearing because they were all LEADERS whose conduct was important because the new members will always seek to emulate them. Paul was correcting Peter in love. He didn't do so in front of any crowd or congregation neither did he take it to a group of the misinformed. Where do you think he learned it from? JESUS.

When John the Baptist started expressing doubts about Jesus' messiahship he sent his disciples to ask Jesus if he was truly the sent one. Jesus healed a couple of people in their presence and told them to relay the information to John that: the blind saw, lame walked etc. Then at the end he whispered a correction to John. He said "blessed is he who he is not offended by me". Immediately after doing that Jesus faced the crowd and began to praise John publicly. He said not a single man born of a woman (prior to Jesus) had a greater calling than John. You see, Jesus corrected John in secret but he praised him openly. That's what love does.

Now do the needful and measure the reactions of you and some of your ilk with Jesus' or the word and let's see how close you measure up.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Goshen360:

Please, where did Jesus PAID tithe while on earth?

1. The absence of evidence is the evidence of absence. If Jesus didn't condemn it but instead encourage people to do it, then it must mean that he too did it or else he would have been a hypocrite and he was not.

2. The bible says Jesus fulfilled the law. If he was fulfilling the law he must have obeyed the tithing aspect of the law after all, by Jewish customs Jesus was already a son of the law at age 12. I don't need to tell you all it entails to qualify as the son of the law.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
trustman:

Theophany?
Uhm!!

I don't believe I minced words. You can open another thread if you please. We will derail this one if I was to delve there.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nannymcphee(f): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Gombs:

I give in cash terms because I can't give my job to church smiley

My brother, why you dey fall my hand na? Hagin says first fruit isn't about money in the NT Testament!! Why then do you give money as first fruit??

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Negro Please,
I have also studied deeply over the same. Read my favorite commentary, Cambridge Bible here;
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/cambridge/galatians/2.htm
Turns out my hunch was right, Peter's epic hypocrisy is that he did this AFTER the Council in Jerusalem

Galatians is an epistle to the churches in Galatia. Paul mentions the Antioch incidence to the church(es) in Galatia. I never said Paul rebuked Peter in Galatia but that he shared this thorough and public rebuke with Galatians and by extension the world( you and me). Paul published to millions Peter's error. mbaemeka finds this revolting, I find a sound example that ought to be followed. You do realize that we can take off this incidence from Galatians WITHOUT diluting Paul's message do you?

Commentaries aside,let's THINK. Peter's action provoked others into hypocrisy. Which others? I hazard that others are Jews already in Antioch. The verses again;

Galatians 2:12-14

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

1. The THEM ALL of verse 14 can't possibly refer to the THEM of verse 13 sidestepping the intermediate THEM of verse 13
2. The THEM & THEIR of verse 13 is the 'OTHER JEWS' who dissembled

So the other Jews who dissembled MUST have been eating with the Gentiles before and ONLY stopped when Peter stopped.
Could these have been the ones who were sent from Jerusalem? Of course not because if they readily ate with the Gentiles and only stopped when Peter did, then Peter could not have been spooked cheesy

The logic is;
1. Peter is eating with Gentiles together with other Jews
2. Some Jews are sent from Jerusalem
3. Peter stops eating with Gentiles
4. Other Jews including Barnabas stop eating with the Gentiles as well
5. Peter is rebuked in front of other Jews who dubbed his hypocrisy

So my broda, don't attempt to restrict OTHERS to those who were sent from jerusalem because that is plain nonsense and baseless not to mention illogical.
mbaemeka:

How you can see the obvious truths and still clutch on to strawman's is what is most befuddling of all. It might come to you as a shock but I have done a very good research on what occured in ANTIOCH and not Galatia as you posited. I however agree with you that Paul's rebuke of Peter happened after the Jerusalem council but I disagree with you on the who and who that were there while it transpired and it is not hard to know why.

Shortly after the Jerusalem meeting Paul and Barnabas were on their way to Antioch to continue with the Gentile commission. James (the leader of the Jerusalem church) sent his 'Chief Men' or 'Excos' to join them and ensure that Paul adhered to the conclusions of the meeting i.e give to the poor, don't let them eat meat strangled or dedicated to Idols etc., the very things that Paul was willing to do. Peter later joined in before Silas and co (the Chief men) arrived and behaved himself only to act like a hypocrite when they came. Some of the men that came with Silas also behaved hypocritically and their antics swayed Barnabas to join in. This attitude infuriated Paul so he corrected Peter infront of them all. Them all being- the chief men like Silas and co, (co means other Jews that travelled with him) and Barnabas, Paul's companion. Paul did it to their hearing because they were all LEADERS whose conduct was important because the new members will always seek to emulate them. Paul was correcting Peter in love. He didn't do so in front of any crowd or congregation neither did he take it to a group of the misinformed. Where do you think he learned it from? JESUS.

When John the Baptist started expressing doubts about Jesus' messiahship he sent his disciples to ask Jesus if he was truly the sent one. Jesus healed a couple of people in their presence and told them to relay the information to John that: the blind saw, lame walked etc. Then at the end he whispered a correction to John. He said "blessed is he who he is not offended by me". Immediately after doing that Jesus faced the crowd and began to praise John publicly. He said not a single man born of a woman (prior to Jesus) had a greater calling than John. You see, Jesus corrected John in secret but he praised him openly. That's what love does.

Now do the needful and measure the reactions of you and some of your ilk with Jesus' or the word and let's see how close you measure up.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
Negro Please,
I have also studied deeply over the same. Read my favorite commentary, Cambridge Bible here;
Turns out my hunch was right, Peter's epic hypocrisy is that he did this AFTER the Council in Jerusalem

Galatians is an epistle to the churches in Galatia. Paul mentions the Antioch incidence to the church(es) in Galatia. I never said Paul rebuked Peter in Galatia but that he shared this thorough and public rebuke with Galatians and by extension the world( you and me). Paul published to millions Peter's error. mbaemeka finds this revolting, I find a sound example that ought to be followed. You do realize that we can take off this incidence from Galatians WITHOUT diluting Paul's message do you?

Commentaries aside,let's THINK. Peter's action provoked others into hypocrisy. Which others? I hazard that others are Jews already in Antioch. The verses again;

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

1. The THEM ALL of verse 14 can't possibly refer to the THEM of verse 13 sidestepping the intermediate THEM of verse 13
2. The THEM of verse 13 is the 'OTHER JEWS' who dissembled

So the other Jews who dissembled MUST have been eating with the Gentiles before and ONLY stopped when Peter stopped.
Could these have been the ones who were sent from Jerusalem? Of course not because if they readily ate with the Gentiles, then Peter could not have been spooked cheesy

So my broda, don't attempt to restrict OTHERS to those who were sent from jerusalem because that is plain nonsense and baseless not to mention illogical.

Again with the warped logic initiated by the caprice to rebut the post without reading thoroughly to see the grey areas that are lost on you.

Paul and Barnabas are in Antioch. Peter comes to join in and is cohabiting with the Gentiles there in. Shortly after, Jews from Jerusalem come and Peter shifts away from the Gentiles. The Jewish brethren join him in the hypocrisy and even Barnabas, Paul's companion is equally swayed and begins to follow through. Paul sees the hypocrisy and corrects Peter in front of them all because:

1. Peter is a leader and he preached to Gentiles first.
2. Peter knew the truth but acted otherwise.
3. Peter's action made the other Jews (that respected him) to begin to copy him.

So Paul corrected them all by correcting the man who began the hypocrisy- Peter.

There's now a similar problem in Galatia. Jewish folks have infiltrated the Gentile camp and have begun sowing seeds of discord by mixing the law with grace. The Galatians are swayed by the brethren because these same brethren came from almighty James! So Paul is telling his church "there is nothing like mixing law and grace no matter who tells you that. In fact, in Antioch I corrected Peter when he acted like a hypocrite because he being a jew acts like a Gentile but then tried to force Gentiles to do what Jews do. I corrected him because Christ places no such bondage on us"

That's the lesson we are to learn there and it was communicated by a leader to his church.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
I can see you edited your post but still ended it with the same inanity that I have sought to address since time immemorial. The OTHERS and THEM ALL were not floor members. Remember this was like a house and not necessarily in the synagogue (hence the "eating") so it was the Chief men (leaders) that joined in with Peter. Paul had to correct them all because they are the same ones who will go about preaching the gospel. He wanted them to do so devoid of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Verse 2 AGAIN!!!

Before them ALL means the chief culprit was reprimanded publicly. Or what's your definition of publicly?
mbaemeka:

Again with the warped logic initiated by the caprice to rebut the post without reading thoroughly to see the grey areas that are lost on you.

Paul and Barnabas are in Antioch. Peter comes to join in and is cohabiting with the Gentiles there in. Shortly after, Jews from Jerusalem come and Peter shifts away from the Gentiles. The Jewish brethren join him in the hypocrisy and even Barnabas, Paul's companion is equally swayed and begins to follow through. Paul sees the hypocrisy and corrects Peter in front of them all because:

1. Peter is a leader and he preached to Gentiles first.
2. Peter knew the truth but acted otherwise.
3. Peter's action made the other Jews (that respected him) to begin to copy him.

So Paul corrected them all by correcting the man who began the hypocrisy- Peter.

There's now a similar problem in Galatia. Jewish folks have infiltrated the Gentile camp and have begun sowing seeds of discord by mixing the law with grace. The Galatians are swayed by the brethren because these same brethren came from almighty James! So Paul is telling his church "there is nothing like mixing law and grace no matter who tells you that. In fact, in Antioch I corrected Peter when he acted like a hypocrite because he being a jew acts like a Gentile but then tried to force Gentiles to do what Jews do. I corrected him because Christ places no such bondage on us"

That's the lesson we are to learn there and it was communicated by a leader to his church.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
You are softening. God is good and greatly to be praised!

Paul corrected the erring guys by correcting the chief culprit and the instigator before them.
Paul publishes this years after to millions
So the whole world knows Peter stumbled
Facts are terribly stubborn
mbaemeka:
I can see you edited your post but still ended it with the same inanity that I have sought to address since time immemorial. The OTHERS and THEM ALL were not floor members. Remember this was like a house and not necessarily in the synagogue (hence the "eating"wink so it was the Chief men (leaders) that joined in with Peter. Paul had to correct them all because they are the same ones who will go about preaching the gospel. He wanted them to do so devoid of hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

Calm down bro, I know what I am talking about. There is an astronomical difference between him being the SACRIFICE and him being the HIGH PRIEST. Jesus death on the cross was his duty as the SACRIFICE while his role in using his blood in the Holy of Holies in heaven was his duty as the HIGH PRIEST. When we give tithes we proclaim he is great as a high priest and that he is alive, same way the communion proves that he truly died as the sacrifice. Communion and Tithes are related and if you are spiritual you would see it. Melchizedek received tithes and then brought the communion to Abraham. Communion says Christ died and Tithes say Christ is alive.

NOTE: I won't say anymore on this issue again.
you can run away bc you have nothing to defend ur crime(monetary tithe collection from christian) dats why you must LIE and twist every time you want to defend d tithe scam. Bro, Melchi 1ST OF ALL GAVE ABRAM BREAD AND WINE TO ELICIT D TITHE OF WAR SPOILS HE GOT, he did not give after recieving tithe. Stop this lie lie and twist twist, tithe is a BIG FRAUD.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
Negro Please,

2. The THEM & THEIR of verse 13 is the 'OTHER JEWS' who dissembled

Could these have been the ones who were sent from Jerusalem? Of course not because if they readily ate with the Gentiles and only stopped when Peter did, then Peter could not have been spooked cheesy

The logic is;
1. Peter is eating with Gentiles together with other Jews
2. Some Jews are sent from Jerusalem
3. Peter stops eating with Gentiles
4. Other Jews including Barnabas stop eating with the Gentiles as well
5. Peter is rebuked in front of other Jews who dubbed his hypocrisy

Spot-on!!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

Melchizedek is what Bible students call a Theophany. There is alot to be known about him but many are too hard of hearing so they would not understand. Please don't call me a thief again. I only had to state my disinterest in discussing tithes because it is unhealthy and never ending. As for me, I will tithe till Jesus comes.

Bless you.
i was not refering to you when i posted to disagree with Hagin's position on the monetary tithe fraud, which to me amounted to double speak and dishonesty. But d truth in dat post hit ur otherwise dead conscience, now u're sounding as if i invited you for any discusions on tithe. If u like theophany or theophony,, when it suit ur greed you run to RC inventions, when it does nt you accuse them of worshiping Mary. Bro theophany can not defend tithe crime, try harder.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:
you can run away bc you have nothing to defend ur crime(monetary tithe collection from christian) dats why you must LIE and twist every time you want to defend d tithe scam. Bro, Melchi 1ST OF ALL GAVE ABRAM BREAD AND WINE TO ELICIT D TITHE OF WAR SPOILS HE GOT, he did not give after recieving tithe. Stop this lie lie and twist twist, tithe is a BIG FRAUD.
Pls indulge my inquisitive mind, is this the ONLY message you teach your congregation? You are hardly on any threads except the tithe threads.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
Bidam:
Pls indulge my inquisitive mind, is this the ONLY message you teach your congregation? You are hardly on any threads except the tithe threads.
every monitoring spirit against me on Nl, die, die, die, die o, die o, die by fire, by force.!!!!!!! Ah ah ah ah ah ah na joke o o o! Prophet B, how far? Have you been missing me? Hope all is well? Grace and peac to you minus tithe.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:
every monitoring spirit against me on Nl, die, die, die, die o, die o, die by fire, by force.!!!!!!! Ah ah ah ah ah ah na joke o o o! Prophet B, how far? Have you been missing me? Hope all is well? Grace and peac to you minus tithe.
Egbon i dey o. You never still answer my question o.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
Bidam:

Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha, *falls of chair laughing.

Folks, chapter 8 would have to wait... work things, but today's Friday, right? We'd Continue with the chapter we did yesterday. I saw more cogent articles we need discuss in that book.

Nannymcphee, I have answered my bit, I won't go in circles. If you don’t want to give firstfruits in cash, give it in foodstuffs or whatever you wish, thanks.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
Verse 2 AGAIN!!!

Before them ALL means the chief culprit was reprimanded publicly. Or what's your definition of publicly?

You still don't get it. 'Them all' referred to the Leaders I.e Silas and Barnabas as well as other Chief men from James. Period.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Kenny4lyfe(m): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
Gombs:

Some folks obviously have comprehension and mathematical problems. You are a millionaire! Dear Lord Jesus! grin

You lot are hard to please. If I wear an expensive suit like 520k or so, you lot would complain, If I wear N250 shirt, una go complain, if I don't wear, you still will. Now, you are a millionaire, thank God. If I had said so, I'd have been boasting like your fellow band of misfits like to say.

If I had said "I got 9 clothing items for 800, 000k, your ilks would:

1. Call me a liar
2. Call me proud and boastful
3. Call me extravagant and that poor folks are everywhere
4. Etc

You would even say "Jesus was poor, he wore clothes Herod dashed him" "Paul bla bla bla" "Wofist are bla bla bla, they are not contended at all"
For eg a pastor bought a dog for$16, 000, alot of you guys came here and cried foul, as if you will tell him how to spend his money, of course the idea you lot has was that he uses church funds, if he has a dog of $2, you lot would still call him poor, and cheap. You just called yourself a millionaire, yet ... let me just be quiet.

I said I got clothing items worth 50k for 3k (miscellaneous expenses) . You folks said

1. Cheap
2. Okirika
3 etc

If I had said "I got 9 clothing items for 1000" you hypocrites would bellow. See you saying you wont wear a $2 cloth, if a pastor had said it, you'd run here open a thread and start typing rubbish.

The above are characteristics of all social critics, religious critics- anti-tithers and anti-wofs everywhere. Adherents of #judasiscarriotsm (giving the devil a run for his money).
I need not mention names 'cus they know themselves. The pull-him-down syndrome runs in their veins. They're unstable as water and believe me they don't excel! #fact
Nice job @Gombs
Remember the goal isn't to convince these guys, they're already lost in the "religious black-hole".
My only concern is that they're been given the opportunity to goof all the more. But then, for the sake of those watching from behind-the-scene I'll say, "it's worth it!" And my word for them "is let him who has ears-hear and he who has eyes-see 'cus when the Lord of all calls you to account on that day, you'd better be ready to quote scriptures to convince him." Thumbs up @Gombs grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by pickabeau1: 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
BabaGnoni:

It caused uneasiness in the original WoF thread.

Can i get the link to this thread

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:

You are softening. God is good and greatly to be praised!

Paul corrected the erring guys by correcting the chief culprit and the instigator before them.
Paul publishes this years after to millions
So the whole world knows Peter stumbled
Facts are terribly stubborn

Paul wasn't publishing anyone's error to anybody let alone his church in Galatia. The Church in Galatia were having a similar issue which was in the same vein instigated by the same Brother James from Jerusalem (or his people). The body of Christ at the point revered James so much and many allude this to the fact that he was Jesus' brother. So when the Galatian church complained to Paul that a "Higher authority" said circumcision was required for Gentiles to truly be saved Paul had to refer them to a similar instance when he had to correct Peter (one whom Jews also revered). Merely gleaming through the Book of Galatians you would see Paul making statements like "those who seemed to be Pillars" and so on adding nothing to his message as he got his from Jesus himself.

So Paul correcting Peter was an example he sited in trying to show the Gentiles that he knew more about the Gentile salvation than the so called "pillars". How again does this compare with the idiocy that some of you employ? Especially when none of you 'Pastor' any church or lead any followership whatsoever and instead of taking cue from the lord himself you raise bible portions that you barely understand to support such folly.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
Gombs:

Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha, *falls of chair laughing.

Folks, chapter 8 would have to wait... work things, but today's Friday, right? We'd Continue with the chapter we did yesterday. I saw more cogent articles we need discuss in that book.

Nannymcphee, I have answered my bit, I won't go in circles. If you don’t want to give firstfruits in cash, give it in foodstuffs or whatever you wish, thanks.
Ermm..Gombs concerning the firstfruits, how is it practised, i am aware in some churches your first salary on your new job should be your first fruit. Now not that i am condemning it, since Giving should be between you and the Holy Spirit.

I believe what Hagin is against is preachers cajoling and using scriptures to make people give the first fruits without the indvidual going to the word of God and listening to the Holy Spirit on this issue.

Giving hundred percent of your finances should be driven by LOVE(1 cor 13:3) and not because some preacher says so...

There is revelation behind every scripture and that also goes for tithes and offerings. Most folks give blindly with out having a seeing eyes, hearing ears and understanding hearts. I believe that's why poverty is the next door neighbours of some christian folks.

Some give with the mindset of giving to a pastor rather than giving to Jesus. I pray folks would do more to study the bible rather than opinion of others who read the scriptures with a veil. Good job so far.

Sorry i was busy lately, just took a peek at this thread recently.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:

See how misplaced the strawman employed is. As though the import of my post was in addressing who gave what first. And again, I am not running away from anything. I just don't see the reason why all the 1000 threads on tithing didn't make you lot come to the conclusion that another man's liberty should not affect your own conscience. I don't for example, see how, me that gives my own tithe ended up being a thief and a liar to you. The same you that claimed Melchizedek needed tithes for his walk on earth, that Jesus didn't pay tithes while on earth and how that Isaac didn't pay tithes yet you can not explain how Jacob learned to do it if, GrandPa Abraham did it only once.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 4:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
You are hopelessly obtuse

Calling anyone obtuse or negro is not cool, just in case you don't know. You don't even need to be a christian to know this. Remove the log in your eyes instead of intensifying vain efforts trying to condemn others.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:
i was not refering to you when i posted to disagree with Hagin's position on the monetary tithe fraud, which to me amounted to double speak and dishonesty. But d truth in dat post hit ur otherwise dead conscience, now u're sounding as if i invited you for any discusions on tithe. If u like theophany or theophony,, when it suit ur greed you run to RC inventions, when it does nt you accuse them of worshiping Mary. Bro theophany can not defend tithe crime, try harder.

OK.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nannymcphee(f): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.