Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207340 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 5:26am On Oct 30, 2014
WinsomeX:
Image123,

Ok. Let's do it.

Let me start with the thread I promised to open to discuss with BabaGnoni (B). I had said I would open a thread which none of you could open t[b]o discuss Eve/Serpent/Sex with him[/b]. It occured to me later that to enter such a discussion I should ask nicely first, like we mostly do here on this forum. B has seen the request and will respond when he is ready. I will wait till then. Until then, it is fine if you continue to discuss the matter in a rabid manner, using it as a means to evade cogent discussions especially when you have run out of thoughts to defend your positions. The discussion will start when he is ready... anyone that doesn’t like it that way should open their own thread or head for the expressway.

By the way, your friends have not told us[b] where the bible tells us to command angels.[/b]

You also still have one of your friends here whose motto in life is to be anywhere where the money is. It reminds me of 50 cents' "Get money or die trying..." philosophy.

What about the one who terms himself[b] a mediator[/b] here but is as bias as bias can be, who cannot explain to us why his idol, Hagin, was laughing hysterically in a video like one on his way to Yaba left.

Shall we forget the early days of WoF revelations when the kiddo in your midst affirmed with E W Kenyon that[b] there is no redemption in the cross. [/b]

Or is it the confusion of Paul rebuking Peter before "them all", which meant a private rebuke [/b]before leaders only. You know, the way C[b]hristian Oyakhilome rebuked his wife in a stormy London meeting. A rebuke that opened him to a divorce proceeding. A private rebuke before leaders indeed.

And Bidam, ah, lest I forget: Jesus was a Pharisee!

You, my friend Image123, have very well avoided controversies only that you think that Paul who "withstood" Peter should not be called a rebuke. To withstand is less embarrassing than to rebuke.

If you search my own threads well, you may find my own minor gaffes too because that's the way all the above should be seen. But hypocrites will keep the log in their eyes and be groping in the dark to removd a speck in B eyes.

What I have written is not a justification for teaching damnable heresies, like Jesus died spiritually (JDS). That's the purpose of the very commendable WoF thread. There is a place for that.

Stay tuned for the discussiin with B... coming soon!

You misunderstand the role of a mediator. He's not one that doesn't have a personal bias. I recommend a good dictionary.

As to laughter, I hate to burst your bubble, but truth is that I don't even bother to watch any of those videos from you guys. If I want to watch or listen to Hagin, I know where to go: my book shelf and other credible places. That said, laughter is a potent, scriptural weapon of spiritual warfare, which has been effective for Hagin, me and others. I thank Bro. Hagin for his teaching on that. Because spiritual laughter inflicts damage to the devil, he hates it. The best he can do is recruit some Christians to deride it with the vain hope that the weapon will be dropped. Fat chance!

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 6:10am On Oct 30, 2014
nlMediator:

You misunderstand the role of a mediator. He's not one that doesn't have a personal bias. I recommend a good dictionary.

As to laughter, I hate to burst your bubble, but truth is that I don't even bother to watch any of those videos from you guys. If I want to watch or listen to Hagin, I know where to go: my book shelf and other credible places. That said, laughter is a potent, scriptural weapon of spiritual warfare, which has been effective for Hagin, me and others. I thank Bro. Hagin for his teaching on that. Because spiritual laughter inflicts damage to the devil, he hates it. The best he can do is recruit some Christians to deride it with the vain hope that the weapon will be dropped. Fat chance!

We are getting closer to the crux of the matter.

Thank you for your bold assertion. It is noted.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Oct 30, 2014
nannymcphee:
Gombs, I'm lost o, since you're using a PC, kindly open Midas touch II thread, take your time post all the chapters there, then provide the link here, so that folks can continue from that one

it's just a suggestion

I'd work on that thank you
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Oct 30, 2014
WinsomeX:

We are getting closer to the crux of the matter.

Thank you for your bold assertion. It is noted.

I sometimes laugh while praying, alot of times, it depicts victory. I never saw Hagin do it, neither did pastor chris teach me that while praying, I should laugh (very silly, right?) and seeing it, boy! I was glad I wasn't just misbehaving. Nlmediator is right, it pisses off the devil, it is NOT a doctrine, it is a level you come up in the spirit realm. Does the fact that you haven’t experienced it mean it is not of God? Now, your next line of defence would be where was it in the Bible? You cannot boldly claim now, that all forms of manifestations of the Holy Spirit was written in the Bible, can you?

That your WoF thread was/is an abysmal and dismal failure pointing to absurdity bro, and that's putting it mildly.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nannymcphee(f): 7:28am On Oct 30, 2014
Gombs:

I'd work on that thank you

Ok, mentioned you elsewhere like to get your view
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2014
Gombs:

I sometimes laugh while praying, alot of times, it depicts victory. I never saw Hagin do it, neither did pastor chris teach me that while praying, I should laugh (very silly, right?) and seeing it, boy! I was glad I wasn't just misbehaving. Nlmediator is right, it pisses off the devil, it is NOT a doctrine, it is a level you come up in the spirit realm. Does the fact that you haven’t experienced it mean it is not of God? Now, your next line of defence would be where was it in the Bible? You cannot boldly claim now, that all forms of manifestations of the Holy Spirit was written in the Bible, can you?

That your WoF thread was/is an abysmal and dismal failure pointing to absurdity bro, and that's putting it mildly.
You never know this guy, he has opened a thread already about mysticism inviting me.

I clearly remember a group of us praying together in the university when the Holy Ghost fell on us, we were laughing and crying at the same time, it is a realm that you enter into by the sovereign will of the Father, it doesn't come often though, i cannot forget that experience, i saw a white cloud of glory envelop us, we were drunk with the wine of the Spirit.

Do you know we spent 3hrs in that state without even realising it? It was as if it was 10minutes, after that a joy unspeakable flooded our souls and we kept prophesying to one another.

Let me clear the air concerning the issue of angels. Scripture is clear that they are ministering spirits dispatched by heavenly command to minister "FOR" those who are the heirs of salvation. The greek word "for"(dia) is very important. It indicates that there are two levels of sending in angelic activity. First heaven sends them to us to serve us, the church, and then they minister for(dia) us as we release them to perform their invisible spiritual functions in the warfare.There is a technology behind this really. The technology is further revealed in Psalm 103:20,21. We are told the angels "excel" in strength, the hebrew word means they are warriors. They are action oriented, their warfare is explosive and strong and their strength is released in active doing. They do His word.

The secret is that they heed the voice of His word, they do not respond to the divine intent of God by itself, but they need the spoken word of God to be released. The word "heed" is a hebrew word that means "to hear intelligently with an implication of instant obedience in action". The word "voice" means to call aloud and "word"(dabar) means a thing spoken forth.

This is to say that these mighty warring exceedingly strong angels who are obedient to act instantly in agreement with divine intent, will hear intelligently and obey in powerful action when the word in the mind of God is uttered forth aloud through human lips in the earth. They minister for us the church. If we speak out the things that is in the mind of God( praying in the Spirit and also with scriptural insights and understanding), then the angelic powers in the spirit realm with praises and blessing on their lips go out to fight and win.

Not only do they advance the battle for us, they also act as a security force in the spirit realm to guard against enemy backlash. God issues a specific command on this in Psalam 91:11-13.

I would have loved you to get a copy of Noel woodroffe on governmental prayer. My God! That guy is a blessing.

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 8:10am On Oct 30, 2014
nlMediator:

I find NO scriptural justification for this your statement on laughter:
"That said, laughter is a potent, scriptural weapon of spiritual warfare, which has been effective for Hagin, me and others. I thank Bro. Hagin for his teaching on that. Because spiritual laughter inflicts damage to the devil, he hates it."

Nothing in scripture ties laughter to spiritual warfare not to talk of it being a POTENT WEAPON for our spiritual warfare. 

The Scripture says in 2 Corinthians 10 that: 
"3 For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds."

When as Ephesians 6:12 says: 
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." how do you think a human 'resource', laughter, becomes a potent weapon in a spiritual struggle?

No matter how fine-sounding an argument may be it MUST have a biblically sound basis for it to be a footing to live the spiritual life.

Experience not consistent with scripture should not be made doctrine. Reliance upon such personal experiences over and above clear biblical teachings is one of the things that has weakened Christian testimony today.

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 8:51am On Oct 30, 2014
Bidam:
You never know this guy, he has opened a thread already about mysticism inviting me.

I know he would!

I clearly remember a group of us praying together in the university when the Holy Ghost fell on us, we were laughing and crying at the same time, it is a realm that you enter into by the sovereign will of the Father, it doesn't come often though, i cannot forget that experience, i saw a white cloud of glory envelop us, we were drunk with the wine of the Spirit.

They would never experience it, because of their ridiculing things they do not understand! Sad for them

Do you know we spent 3hrs in that state without even realising it? It was as if it was 10minutes, after that a joy unspeakable flooded our souls and we kept prophesying to one another.

That was why I understood why folks of old thought em disciples were drunk after the Holy Spirit fell on them.

Let me clear the air concerning the issue of angels. Scripture is clear that they are ministering spirits dispatched by heavenly command to minister "FOR" those who are the heirs of salvation. The greek word "for"(dia) is very important. It indicates that there are two levels of sending in angelic activity. First heaven sends them to us to serve us, the church, and then they minister for(dia) us as we release them to perform their invisible spiritual functions in the warfare.There is a technology behind this really. The technology is further revealed in Psalm 103:20,21. We are told the angels "excel" in strength, the hebrew word means they are warriors. They are action oriented, their warfare is explosive and strong and their strength is released in active doing. They do His word.

Forget these guys, I already explained the greek for ministering and minister in that Hebrews if they cannot understand plain English, how would they greek? undecided

The secret is that they heed the voice of His word, they do not respond to the divine intent of God by itself, but they need the spoken word of God to be released. The word "heed" is a hebrew word that means "to hear intelligently with an implication of instant obedience in action". The word "voice" means to call aloud and "word"(dabar) means a thing spoken forth.

E don do o... you'd worsen their confusion. Leave Hebrew and Greek

This is to say that these mighty warring exceedingly strong angels who are obedient to act instantly in agreement with divine intent, will hear intelligently and obey in powerful action when the word in the mind of God is uttered forth aloud through human lips in the earth. They minister for us the church. If we speak out the things that is in the mind of God( praying in the Spirit and also with scriptural insights and understanding), then the angelic powers in the spirit realm with praises and blessing on their lips go out to fight and win.

Not only do they advance the battle for us, they also act as a security force in the spirit realm to guard against enemy backlash. God issues a specific command on this in Psalam 91:11-13.

I would have loved you to get a copy of Noel woodroffe on governmental prayer. My God! That guy is a blessing.

Bro, they haven't finished comprehending Midas touch, you want to compound their ignorance?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2014
trustman:
[size=6pt][/size]

"That said, laughter is a potent, scriptural weapon of spiritual warfare, which has been effective for Hagin, me and others. I thank Bro. Hagin for his teaching on that. Because spiritual laughter inflicts damage to the devil, he hates it."

Nothing in scripture ties laughter to spiritual warfare not to talk of it being a POTENT WEAPON for our spiritual warfare. 

"3 For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds."

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." how do you think a human 'resource', laughter, becomes a potent weapon in a spiritual struggle?

No matter how fine-sounding an argument may be it MUST have a biblically sound basis for it to be a footing to live the spiritual life.

Experience not consistent with scripture should not be made doctrine. Reliance upon such personal experiences over and above clear biblical teachings is one of the things that has weakened Christian testimony today. 
God still speaks through human lips today and that is what is called prophecy, so it's no business of yours if God decides to use the same human lips to Laugh..relate that with Psalm 2:4, God is Christ and Christ is God, we are sitted with Christ in heavenly places.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by pickabeau1: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2014
dayum... im lost
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 9:24am On Oct 30, 2014
Bidam:
God still speaks through human lips today and that is what is called prophecy, so it's no business of yours if God decides to use the same human lips to Laugh..relate that with Psalm 2:4, God is Christ and Christ is God, we are sitted with Christ in heavenly places.

Mr Bidam, I am surprised you will still want to defend personal experiences that has no root nor precedence in scripture.

You fall hand.

Even if God speaks through human lips, will He speak something outlandish to the Word? Please I advise we stay within the confines of scripture. The foundation has been built, the scripture is complete, inherent and infallible, don't give room for addendum that cannot be found in the book.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 9:34am On Oct 30, 2014
Gombs:

I know he would!

They would never experience it, because of their ridiculing things they do not understand! Sad for them

That was why I understood why folks of old thought em disciples were drunk after the Holy Spirit fell on them.

Forget these guys, I already explained the greek for ministering and minister in that Hebrews if they cannot understand plain English, how would they greek? undecided

Experiences can be real. Experiences may not be denied. However, if the Bible has given us everything we need to face life and live our spiritual life (2 Peter 1: 3-4) can we and should we use it (the Bible) to evaluate every experience?

Do we find ANYTHING in the experiences of those in the Bible that suggests that the believer has the right and authority today to command angels? 

Do we find anywhere in the Bible where angels responded to words -
"uttered forth aloud through human lips in the earth"?

Psalm 91: 11 starts off by saying: "For he (i.e. God - the Most High) will command his angels ... ..."
So, how does this amount to:
" If we speak out the things that is in the mind of God( praying in the Spirit and also with scriptural insights and understanding), then the angelic powers in the spirit realm with praises and blessing on their lips go out to fight and win."?
Who gives the 'COMMAND' here, God or man?

The world is enthralled by spirits and today's  Christian feels he needs to create his counterpart. He turns to a legitimate thing in scripture and twists it fit his own view. 

Are we to assume that 21st century Gombs knows more about angels than the apostles knew or the Bible reveals?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 9:58am On Oct 30, 2014
Gombs:

So because you had an experience that was similar to the one Hagin had; and because it was Hagin who had such an experience, it must be of God? Wonderful. This only proves one thing: you are Word of Faith in spirit and in truth. However, it calls your Christianity into doubt. Because where they were first called Christians in scriptures and Antioch, no one was ever found laughing in the Spirit.

Remember John's warning that many spirits have gone into the world. These are manifestations of their works.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:05am On Oct 30, 2014
GoD mbaemeka,
Gibberish apart,
where did vooks claim that Paul rebuked Peter in Galatia? No proof. What kind of goD are you,the puny brained variety? That you can't quote me nor comprehend what I said? Galatians 2 was read to churches in Galatia and you can bet after it was read, everyone knew Peter tripped and Paul rebuked him publicly.

Now that you are just a goD over satan, that's a mighty trimmed down version that has no creative credentials behind him...but you have tried to slay me by car crash and suicide. A puny brained moronic negro shaman

If Christ requires your consent to take you home, without your consent you are immortal otherwise your consent is irrelevant..but I hear this Negro claiming he will live long cheesy cheesy cheesy

Christ never ascended to heaven with his blood in a jar or something, whatever He did at the cross was finished. double ascension is harebrained theology that has ZERO basis in the scriptures any more than Assumption of Mary has. In fact Assumption is better because it is an older tale.
mbaemeka:

Dear Misdirected groupie,

I know you convulse any time I fail to reply all the mentions you give me in a day. I would have felt the same way if I was this infatuated about a faceless moniker on NL. I would have loved to keep throwing the occasional jabs with you and reminding you of your numerous goofs, chief of which would be "Jesus didn't take his blood to the most holy place in heaven and there is nothing like without shedding of blood there is no remission of sins" but I would be dumbing myself down to engage with you. Unlike you, and the idiotic way you employ strawman's, figments of your poor imagination and facetious hyperboles, I am willing to discuss what I believe from the bible with copious references to buttress them. While I am certain that you may not agree with my interpretations (majorly because you are an ignoramus- scripturally and otherwise), you would not be able to gainsay that the words will be written in black and white for even someone with your level of intelligence to comprehend.

YES, I am a GOD. I am not a GOD over GOD neither am I one over my fellow men. But I am a GOD over the Devil, his cohorts and his works. I am a GOD over the principles and elements that this fallen world is governed by and I make no apologies for it. If you take me up on this (and I am in the mood) I would teach you from the scriptures and expect your pusillanimity to rear its very ugly bighead. Sadly, I cannot say the same for you and most of those of your ilk (the ilk of the misinformed). You offer no alternatives and like hypocritical yet ignorant churls, you insist that something is wrong because it is wrong and not because you know what is right. You are the one's who freely express how satan is the GOD of this world and even quote the scriptures that suggest so but I do not see you ask the bible or the devil himself how many planets he has created, yet when I say I am satan's God you start asking me moronic (borrowing your own words) questions like how many planets I have created. All such reasoning only betrays you for who you really are-a scripturally handicapped troll and I would do well to avoid you.

FYI I am not irked that you call me goD or what not. As you can see, I have gone many steps ahead of you by capitalizing the 'god' so you can ride on with your off-color jokes and snide remarks. What I do not appreciate is the endless mentions and lies like alleging that I said Jesus will have to Kneel and BEG for my consent to take me home or like the other failed writer and blogger claimed that "my life's motto is to be anywhere the money is" this is after I said true spiritual maturity entails submitting to the will of God and how that money follows me wherever I go.

I know you both have the memory of a formatted Z2 so I would try to do the impossible, by re-quoting myself for the sake of posterity and somehow hoping you both grasp what I said.

So if you want to quote me, you should at least do so exactly without forcing my posts to say what you want it to say after all, I am responsible for what I say and not how you choose to interpret it. Knowing who you are I expect you to evade all I have said and then ask me to show you where you claimed Paul rebuked Peter in Galatia. I have done so before and I would so again for posterity's sake:

Your exact words ^^^^ and I was even courteous enough by telling you to rephrase the above thus:

Now I expect you to ignore your own quote and then wait for the next 2 pages to pass before you resume asking me for the same post and claiming that I lied against you.

PS: Thanks to Bidam and Lordreed for vindicating me. Special thanks too to Image123 for impartially yet rightfully interpreting my posts. What more can I say about brother Gombs? God bless you all real good.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:27am On Oct 30, 2014
Protestants and by extension evangelicals base their theology on scriptures alone. There was a concept of SOLA SCRIPTURA that was pursued during Reformation. Any practice not backed by the Bible was discarded.

Catholics insisted on scriptures AND 'sacred tradition' as their source of authority. This means whatever is not found in the Bible can still be justified if it has been taught traditionally. They also believe that God is still revealing new things through the Pope/Rome. That's why they look up to him to know whether the condoms should be studded or scented or laced with a spermicide.

There is a danger if any Christian fails to test their subjective experiences against scriptures,they are no different from Catholics. And there is no point in having this discourse if we all drew from our experiences our theology. Somebody may just claim that God told them to offer Firstfruits or tithes. This is the course Joseph Smith took and out of his marvelous visions, LDS was born.

Bidam:

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 10:27am On Oct 30, 2014
Bidam:

This reminds me of the Kudalini experience among Eastern New Age cultures.

Bidam:

You have only succeeded in reading into scriptures your own opinion in keeping with your experience. The Heb 1:14 scripture says nothing about Christians commanding angels. "dia" Greek for "for" does not speak of two ways of sending angels. That is your private interpretation of scriptures.

The Psalm scripture you mentioned also speaks only of God speaking or God commanding, it says nothing of Christians doing the same.

Psalms 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

It is all God and not man at work.

Pls let us beware of this "I am GOD" sort of theology, it has no basis in scriptures.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:31am On Oct 30, 2014
What is the point of scriptures if God reveals stuff to people outside scriptures? Are the 66 books incomplete?

trustman:
[size=6pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:43am On Oct 30, 2014
Take all that BS and demonstrate it from the the innumerable angelic encounters recorded for us in the scriptures. When you will learn to lean on God's Word and not arm of the flesh('Christian books') the Kingdom will surely have come

Bidam:

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

Mr Bidam, I am surprised you will still want to defend personal experiences that has no root nor precedence in scripture.

You fall hand.

Even if God speaks through human lips, will He speak something outlandish to the Word? Please I advise we stay within the confines of scripture. The foundation has been built, the scripture is complete, inherent and infallible, don't give room for addendum that cannot be found in the book.
I am not posting for immature folks who don't believe in spiritual gifts. We have been through this turf before concerning "tongues".

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2014
WinsomeX:

This reminds me of the Kudalini experience among Eastern New Age cultures.

You have only succeeded in reading into scriptures your own opinion in keeping with your experience. The Heb 1:14 scripture says nothing about Christians commanding angels. "dia" Greek for "for" does not speak of two ways of sending angels. That is your private interpretation of scriptures.

The Psalm scripture you mentioned also speaks only of God speaking or God commanding, it says nothing of Christians doing the same.

Psalms 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

It is all God and not man at work.

Pls let us beware of this "I am GOD" sort of theology, it has no basis in scriptures.
Na you sabi, keep being the religious zealot and bigot that you are. I wonder why i replied this irrelevancies sef.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bidam:
I am not posting for immature folks who don't believe in spiritual gifts. We have been through this turf before concerning "tongues".

This your way of avoiding the truth does not reflect one who is sincere to the faith. Dismiss the idea of any form of competition when the Word is been discussed. I am in no competition with anyone and that is the way I believe it should be. All that should matter is if what the person says is deeply rooted in scripture.

I have called your attention to what I think you got wrong, I believe what anyone who loves God would or should do is check what was said and address it in the light of God's word.

shdemidemi:

You fall hand.

Your response to this truth is irrelevant and evasive. I don't need a response to this post cos its not what the thread was opened for, but an inward check of yourself will be sufficent.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
WinsomeX:

So because you had an experience that was similar to the one Hagin had; and because it was Hagin who had such an experience, it must be of God? Wonderful. This only proves one thing: you are Word of Faith in spirit and in truth. However, it calls your Christianity into doubt. Because where they were first called Christians in scriptures and Antioch, no one was ever found laughing in the Spirit.

Remember John's warning that many spirits have gone into the world. These are manifestations of their works.

Was Hagin the first to have experienced it? If you haven’t, does that make it not of God? You have not experienced 1/1, 000, 000, 000th of the Holy Spirit, and I can understand that, for eg You have never casted out demons, nor smell them, just because the Bible did not expressly say anything about them smelling, does that mean it is not true?

I do not have your time today or this week, but surely I will.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
WOFers are professional exorcists and have the MOST experience in matters spiritual. You bet they can teach the Holy Spirit a thing or two about His gifts grin grin
I recall mbaemeka injecting his own experience in using the name of Jesus to prop his hollow argument. That's ignorance and pride rolled together

Gombs:

Was Hagin the first to have experienced it? If you haven’t, does that make it not of God? You have not experienced 1/1, 000, 000, 000th of the Holy Spirit, and I can understand that, for eg [b]You have never casted out demons, [/b]nor smell them, just because the Bible did not expressly say anything about them smelling, does that mean it is not true?

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by PastorKun(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
vooks:
WOFers are professional exorcists and have the MOST experience in matters spiritual. You bet they can teach the Holy Spirit a thing or two about His gifts grin grin
I recall mbaemeka injecting his own experience in using the name of Jesus to prop his hollow argument. That's ignorance and pride rolled together

grin grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

This your way of avoiding the truth does not reflect one who is sincere to the faith. Dismiss the idea of any form of competition when the Word is been discussed. I am in no competition with anyone and that is the way I believe it should be. All that should matter is if what the person says is deeply rooted in scripture.

I have called your attention to what I think you got wrong, I believe what anyone who loves God would or should do is check what was said and address it in the light of God's word.

Your response to this truth is irrelevant and evasive. I don't need a response to this post cos its not what the thread was opened for, but an inward check of yourself will be sufficent.

It isn't evasive and neither is my response based on competition, funny it is the other way round. All i have said is based on scripture and the only guy among your "group" who tried to provide a weak lay response to my post with his usual opinions which in no way addressed my post is winsomex.

Your post did not addressed what i said and it is irrelevant.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bidam:
It isn't evasive and neither is my response based on competition, funny it is the other way round. All i have said is based on scripture and the only guy among your "group" who tried to provide a weak lay response to my post with his usual opinions which in no way addressed my post is winsomex.

So, what have you said here? Nothing!

He refered to your post on God still speaking through human lips, asking you to stay within the confine of scripture. 
The next thing you say is that you're not writing for immature folks. 

If you are not being evasive tell us where what you said is found in scripture. 
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
trustman:

So, what have you said here? Nothing!

He refered to your post on God still speaking through human lips, asking you to stay within the confine of scripture. 
The next thing you say is that you're not writing for immature folks. 

If you are not being evasive tell us where what you said is found in scripture. 
Do you believe in spiritual gifts? If you don't please refer to my thread.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
Gombs:

Was Hagin the first to have experienced it? If you haven’t, does that make it not of God? You have not experienced 1/1, 000, 000, 000th of the Holy Spirit, and I can understand that, for eg You have never casted out demons, nor smell them, just because the Bible did not expressly say anything about them smelling, does that mean it is not true?

Very very easy to come to whatever conclusion you wish on any experience. But the Christian has a barometer; we have a plumb line we measure everything with; it is called the word of God. Anything outside it, experience or smelling, is not the will of God.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bidam:

If anyone provided 'a weak and lay response', I believe you are the one. See for yourself:

Bidam:
Na you sabi, keep being the religious zealot and bigot that you are. I wonder why i replied this irrelevancies sef.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
WinsomeX:

If anyone provided a weak, I believe you are the one. See for yourself:

You explained away scriptures by bringing irrelevances like kundalini and being a God, these are weak and lame opinions you read from folks against spiritual gifts.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
WinsomeX:

Very very easy to come to whatever conclusion you wish on any experience. But the Christian has a barometer; we have a plumb line we measure everything with; it is called the word of God. Anything outside it, experience or smelling, is not the will of God.

hehehehehheheheheh grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bidam:
Do you believe in spiritual gifts? If you don't please refer to my thread.

Now you are behaving true to type.
Why do you ALWAYS find it difficult to give direct responses to questions you are asked?

You now want to send me on a wild goose chase, Abi?
Now, you refer to my post during the e-grace convention to know the answer to your above question.

PS:
BTW, Shdemidemi has said it:
"This your way of avoiding the truth does not reflect one who is sincere to the faith."

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.