Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207060 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
Candour:

Stop being a child my friend. I corrected that error almost immediately I posted it. Meanwhile, see the enlarged in your post, should I assume you're also confused in your haste to point out an error?

Gombs, that site talks about curcumcision practices in Europe and other places. It's not restricted to any period.

Once again, the Europeans who didnt/dont physically circumcise, are they missing out on identification with the covenant?

The above bold is a certified lie. smiley

Besides, if they don't, I am concluding they are Christians, can you name one church in Europe, any denomination that were or are against circumcision? Don't worry, I can wait. Take your time
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
trustman:
Gombs and co are 'tied' to the old covenant because they must necessarily use it to justify MANY of their stand and practices today. 

Romans 4 states this about Abraham:
"10 How then was it counted to him? Was it before or after he had been circumcised? It was not after, but before he was circumcised.
11 He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,
12 and to make him the father of the circumcised who are not merely circumcised but who also walk in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

This portion makes it clear that all who believe without being circumcised, have righteousness counted to them as well.

Circumcision was for all successive generations of Israel and Israel ALONE. It was a sign in the flesh to mean they identified with the covenant God made.  

Because they can't distinguish between what is for the NATION Israel and what is for the New Covenant they (Gombs and Co) lump things up.  They therefore do all they can to twist scripture to line up with their preconceived ideas. 

PS
They even twist people's posts and run away from questions that clearly show their positions as faulty or false.

10000000000 likes. These guys are so greatly perverting scriptures.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
My broda,
I was just seeking your clarification on this not accusing you of nothing. Let's wind up this circumcision thing. Are the said physical benefits of circumcision available to heathens as well?

I took you through my position on the relationship between the Law and Grace. Once again, if it is reemphasized in the NT(love), not expressly forbidden(homosexuality), or its principle amplified (sin offering), run with it. When Holy Spirit inspires Paul to remind us that honoring parents carries a promise, that is Holy Spirit talking to me not Moses. When Hebrews tells me adulterers will be judged by God, that's not one of the Ten Commandments any more.

Tithes are NEVER reemphasized despite numerous giving exhortations which would be IDEAL for just that. They are not forbidden. The principle behind tithing is amplified. Paul says ministers of the altar live off the altar meaning he has a right to be supported in/for his ministry. Unlike OT regime which were mandatory, we have 'without compulsion' and as 'one purposes in their heart'. Fixing a percentage even a 'minimum' 10% CONTRADICTS 'as you purpose' bit. I can't 'purpose in my heart' to give an externally set fraction.

mbaemeka:

I never said so and if I did you can be kind enough to show it to me. I only said (to me) CIRCUMCISION is like Tithes in that one's righteousness is not tied to observing it. However, there are benefits to be enjoyed from it and they are physical.

Not honoring parents is a disobedience to the law of Moses and you cannot claim that law has been annulled for two major reasons:

1. Honoring parents preexisted the law
2. Paul mentioned it again in the NT.

So 2 christians imputed with Christ's righteousness could experience 2 different physical experiences based on the above (I.e the blessing derived). One Christian might die too soon and disobedience to that eternal principle could be the reason. While another Christian that should have died soon will live longer because of their obedience to that principle.

That's the same way with Tithes.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

The above bold is a certified lie. smiley

Besides, if they don't, I am concluding they are Christians, can you name one church in Europe, any denomination that were or are against circumcision? Don't worry, I can wait. Take your time

''Historically, the Roman Catholic Church denounced religious circumcision for its members in the Cantate Domino, written during the 11th Council of Florence in 1442.[46] This decision was based on the belief that baptism had superseded circumcision (Col 2:11-12),

http://www.ewtn.com/library/COUNCILS/FLORENCE.HTM#5

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03777a.htm

and you said you were catholic once upon a time?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
vooks:
My broda,
I was just seeking your clarification on this not accusing you of nothing. Let's wind up this circumcision thing. Are the said physical benefits of circumcision available to heathens as well?

I took you through my position on the relationship between the Law and Grace. Once again, if it is reemphasized in the NT(love), not expressly forbidden(homosexuality), or its principle amplified (sin offering), run with it. When Holy Spirit inspires Paul to remind us that honoring parents carries a promise, that is Holy Spirit talking to me not Moses. When Hebrews tells me adulterers will be judged by God, that's not one of the Ten Commandments any more.

Tithes are NEVER reemphasized despite numerous giving exhortations which would be IDEAL for just that. They are not forbidden. The principle behind tithing is amplified. Paul says ministers of the altar live off the altar meaning he has a right to be supported in/for his ministry. Unlike OT regime which were mandatory, we have 'without compulsion' and as 'one purposes in their heart'

I think the last paragraph pretty much settles it. wink but that doesn't go without saying if I want to 'tithe' the least I should give is 10%. Any other thing I add untop should be without compulsion et al. But if I am giving a freewill offering, then there is no holds barred. Cest fini
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
Goshen360:

Just one verse that says it was for only Israel. Just one. Meanwhile, Ismael was circumcised and he wasn't neither did he begat Israel.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
Goshen360:

You've always thought Abraham was an Isrealite na grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

Hahahahaha..#Trapped

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Candour:

''Historically, the Roman Catholic Church denounced religious circumcision for its members in the Cantate Domino, written during the 11th Council of Florence in [size=20pt]1442[/size].[46] This decision was based on the belief that baptism had superseded circumcision (Col 2:11-12),

Europe during the renaissance? grin

No, Anglican
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

Is my billions likes paining you? cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs my broda before whom circumcision has been evidently set forth as devoid of ANY spiritual value,do you now understand why a Christian needs NO MARKS/SIGNS to be admitted to Abrahamic covenant/blessings which he received while yet uncircumcised?

I have noted a tendency among the circumcised Christians to do the most intuitive; spiritualize their experience and look down on the 'uncut'. For all the supposed benefits of male circumcision, I endavor to caution my brethren against this haughtiness.

If at any point in time your pastor ever suggested this, please share what we have shared here. Don't put unnecessary burden on Gentiles than the Holy Spirit would.

Candour:

''Historically, the Roman Catholic Church denounced religious circumcision for its members in the Cantate Domino, written during the 11th Council of Florence in 1442.[46] This decision was based on the belief that baptism had superseded circumcision (Col 2:11-12),

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
trustman:

Is my billions likes paining you? cheesy grin

Heheheheheh...pain me ke? You guys are from the same sewers of NL...from the boardroom na...I can't expect otherwise.
What intrigues me is why some folks think Abraham was an isrealite. grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

Europe during the renaissance? grin

No, Anglican

No, during the industrial revolution cheesy

you make me laugh with your attempts to play smart. i thought you called it a certified lie? infact incase you don't know, the fact that Jews were the main promoters made it despicable to the average European. they detested Jews and anything Jewish.

see another catholic historian gracious enough to go through catholic history with respect to circumcision

http://guggiedaly..com/2014/05/why-catholics-dont-circumcise.html

edit:@the bolded, see what you said on a thread last year

Gombs:
www.forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=121898

www.saint-mike.org/library/rule/excerpts/principles_tithing.html

The first is a catholic forum on tithing

The second is the "Philosophy and Principles of Tithing
according to the Rule of St. Michael"

You lads should read it and answer whether the Catholic Church is Anti Tithing!

And Here, Catholic Churches ENCOURAGE TITHING. Chukwudi are you sure you are a catholic? I once were a catholic, I was in Legion of Mary, I knw a lot about CCRN, I know about a lot of saints, etc

And then, we were encouraged to bring in em tithes

https://www.nairaland.com/1467991/anti-tithe-churches/2

like you asked me earlier, were you confused or you just tweaked the truth a little?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

Heheheheheh...pain me ke? You guys are from the same sewers of NL...from the boardroom na...I can't expect otherwise.
What intrigues me is why some folks think Abraham was an isrealite. grin

I'll guess it's the same reason why Mba is not too pleased Oyaks called non tithers robbers wink
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Candour:

I'll guess it's the same reason why Mba is not too pleased Oyaks called non tithers robbers wink

But I did too.... you guys are robbing God. Now, don't change the tempo, in summary, are you saying circumcision was annulled together with Moses' law, in solidarity with vooks?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Candour:

No, during the industrial revolution cheesy

you make me laugh with your attempts to play smart. i thought you called it a certified lie? infact incase you don't know, the fact that Jews were the main promoters made it despicable to the average European. they detested Jews and anything Jewish.

see another catholic historian gracious enough to go through catholic history with respect to circumcision

http://guggiedaly..com/2014/05/why-catholics-dont-circumcise.html

edit:@the bolded, see what you said on a thread last year

https://www.nairaland.com/1467991/anti-tithe-churches/2

like you asked me earlier, were you confused or you just tweaked the truth a little?

Born anglican, was outta church for 3 years, joined Catholic, did it few months...then I found rest. I said this not once here na,,, anglican, Catholic and then embassy. You can find the thread na.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

But I did too.... you guys are robbing God. Now, don't change the tempo, in summary, are you saying circumcision was annulled together with Moses' law, in solidarity with vooks?

Good for you that you didn't break ranks with oyaks even though your bro agrees with me that it's a wrong doctrine. I'm sure even Joagbaje will disagree with you wink

It's not a question of solidarity bro. Circumcision of the male foreskin has nothing to do with Christianity. Absolutely Nothing.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

Born anglican, was outta church for 3 years, joined Catholic, did it few months...then I found rest.

ok then
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

Born anglican, was outta church for 3 years, joined Catholic, did it few months...then I found rest. I said this not once here na,,, anglican, Catholic and then embassy. You can find the thread na.

Wind go soon blow and fowl yansh go ......
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
Candour:

Good for you that you didn't break ranks with oyaks even though your bro agrees with me that it's a wrong doctrine. I'm sure even Joagbaje will disagree with you wink

It's not a question of solidarity bro. Circumcision of the male foreskin has nothing to do with Christianity. Absolutely Nothing.

Bobo, was it annulled? That's all I asked.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
trustman:

Wind go soon blow and fowl yansh go ......

I am not as dishonest as you are. I have always spoken about the Anglican and Catholic Church I attended. Feed your eyes

https://www.nairaland.com/1826244/making-grace-convention-2014/2#25004707

https://www.nairaland.com/1468651/why-pastors-collect-tithes-poor/1#18666173

Now, have yourself a good night.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Yooguyz: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
angry

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

Bobo, was it annulled? That's all I asked.

you still dey ask? for something to be annuled, means it was in operation before. I tell you again, physical circumcision was/is totally nonexistent as far as Christianity is concerned.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
Bidam:
You should have mentioned the antecedent that generated me quoting a scripture as regards the dog issue. It is also a well known fact on this forum that you have done much worse than these when you attacked Christians concerning their liberty to tithe.

There is no need mentioning anything. I was certain that rather than own up to the wrong, you will justify yourself - and you have not disappointed. I attack false doctrine and false teachers; I have never attacked anyone's liberty, including their liberty to tithe.

Bidam:
Atleast i know Image as the worst hit on this forum from you and your cohorts.

I am sure Image can speak for himself. Oya, Image123, where have I ever attacked your liberty to tithe?

Bidam:
Until you stop criticizing on non essentials like tithing and prosperity. I don't see you as a preacher of the gospel.

I criticize a false doctrine on compulsory tithing and false teachers who benefit illegally from this. No one can stop me.

A prosperity gospel is the antithesis of the gospel of Jesus Christ and must be condemned with the strongest of terms. Prosperity preachers are false prophets.

Bidam:
You seek to propagate your opinions really. Pls feel free to show us your mentors, more so the people you critiques here are the same people you have benefited from in your early christian walk with God.

Again, I propagate the gospel not a false self enrinching one.

If you cannot tell who my mentors are, too bad. I can tell who yours are: they are the false teachers/prophets who preach doctrine of demons called prosperity in Nigeria.

I know what has benefitted my Christian walk and they are certainly not anything in those men.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Candour:

None that I know of or have heard of. Circumcision holds no promise of financial rewards like tithe like you observed earlier.

Exactly.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

I am not as dishonest as you are. I have always spoken about the Anglican and Catholic Church I attended. Feed your eyes

https://www.nairaland.com/1826244/making-grace-convention-2014/2#25004707

https://www.nairaland.com/1468651/why-pastors-collect-tithes-poor/1#18666173

Now, have yourself a good night.

You should clearly tell how I've been dishonest. You've been on this for a while now.

We'll soon know who's been what. grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gombs:

Lol, the guy's ignorance is in gigantic proportions, he joined his unlearned folk in the Malachi thread to expose his glaringly, alarmingly bible illiteracy and he expects us to take him serious here.SMH!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
WinsomeX:

There is no need mentioning anything. I was certain that rather than own up to the wrong, you will justify yourself - and you have not disappointed. I attack false doctrine and false teachers; I have never attacked anyone's liberty, including their liberty to tithe.

I am sure Image can speak for himself. Oya, Image123, where have I ever attacked your liberty to tithe?

I criticize a false doctrine on compulsory tithing and false teachers who benefit illegally from this. No one can stop me.

A prosperity gospel is the antithesis of the gospel of Jesus Christ and must be condemned with the strongest of terms. Prosperity preachers are false prophets.

Again, I propagate the gospel not a false self enrinching one.

If you cannot tell who my mentors are, too bad. I can tell who yours are: they are the false teachers/prophets who preach doctrine of demons called prosperity in Nigeria.

I know what has benefitted my Christian walk and they are certainly not anything in those men.
Ok, Mr self righteous narrow is the way gospeller! Give it a rest. Some one mentioned thread should be closed. You don win. cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
Bidam:
Lol, the guy's ignorance is in gigantic proportions, he joined his unlearned folk in the Malachi thread to expose his glaringly, alarmingly bible illiteracy and he expects us to take him serious here.SMH!

I remember that alot. Heheheheheh. No mind am. They are the true gospel preachers. How tragic! grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:00am On Nov 24, 2014
Bidam:
Ok, Mr self righteous narrow is the way gospeller! Give it a rest. Some one mentioned thread should be closed. You don win. cheesy

grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 12:47am On Nov 24, 2014
Candour:

@the 1st bolded, do you have anybody who has remotely insinuated that Christ wants the message restricted?

@the 2nd bolded, the Catholics claim a population of 1.2billion worldwide, do you think they're all lost? CEC claims a population in millions, do you think they're all saved?

@the 3rd bolded, once again I ask. Can you point to one moniker that has remotely suggested that christians shouldnt spread the gospel message to the whole world? Mention it so i can join you in correcting the person.

I've always used the case of Christ to buttress his statement below

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Christ preached to thousands yet only 500 were around just before his ascension and only 120 waiting in the upper room for the holy spirit, do you think he was a failure?

Rev Sun Myung Moon founded the unification church in the Koreas (a mega church) and also prospered greatly whilst at it, is/was he also doing the work of the kingdom?

I like your Jesus example. If somebody preaches to large audiences and has only 20 people in his church, he can use the Jesus example to respond to those that claim that he doesn’t have a large church. Even though there may be other factors, e.g. he may have a nasty attitude, he has a legitimate claim to that excuse. But if somebody can only muster an audience of 20, say on a monthly basis, he needs to find out why people are not coming to listen to him. He has no legitimate claim to the Jesus example you gave. That’s the point you should bear in mind when you want to defend those whose blogs record only minimal visits. Tell them to see if they can increase their traffic, mindful of the fact that not all the visitors will receive their message. Encouraging people to hide under the excuse of broad and narrow way as you quoted is not right.

Regarding the number of people in the churches you mentioned, I used the expression “truly saved.” Even the leaders of these churches know that not all their members are truly saved. So, my focus is on getting many people truly saved because even if we have 1 billion such people that still qualifies as narrow gate and few being chosen.

BTW, I do not believe that Christ Embassy ha anywhere close to a million members, let alone millions. Their largest church outside Nigeria is South Africa and last I checked, it claimed an attendance of 40,000 members. In the U.S., it may be a total of 5,000 members from the various branches at the moment. There is a lot of room to grow; that’s why we need to encourage them in their global campaign, not attack them unnecessarily.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 2:45am On Nov 24, 2014
nlMediator:

I like your Jesus example. If somebody preaches to large audiences and has only 20 people in his church, he can use the Jesus example to respond to those that claim that he doesn’t have a large church. Even though there may be other factors, e.g. he may have a nasty attitude, he has a legitimate claim to that excuse. But if somebody can only muster an audience of 20, say on a monthly basis, he needs to find out why people are not coming to listen to him. He has no legitimate claim to the Jesus example you gave. That’s the point you should bear in mind when you want to defend those whose blogs record only minimal visits. Tell them to see if they can increase their traffic, mindful of the fact that not all the visitors will receive their message. Encouraging people to hide under the excuse of broad and narrow way as you quoted is not right.

@the first bolded, who owns the church? the man or God? to whose glory is the size of the church? the man or God? Is the man after adding to the body of Christ or interested in smashing the record books for most prolific crowd puller? We have plenty crowd pullers in 'christiandom' who are simply dispensing poison on a massive scale and reaping handsomely in the process.

@2nd bolded, pls attack the man with the blog as much as you like, it makes no difference to me. You'll never find me make a defense for it just as you'll never find me make a defense for any denomination. There are thousands of blogs jostling for space and attention on the WWW. My defense is for the pockets of believers in all corners of the globe making up the body of Christ, not one man's project. Mathew 7:13-14 is about the body of Christ, the one true church. Not about one man's blog or denomination or social club of 'christians'.

Regarding the number of people in the churches you mentioned, I used the expression “truly saved.” Even the leaders of these churches know that not all their members are truly saved. So, my focus is on getting many people truly saved because even if we have 1 billion such people that still qualifies as narrow gate and few being chosen.

These arguments are always about size, figures etc. Forget about the ''truly saved'' story. Its always about the earthly bragging rights like ''we have more money'', ''we have more branches'', ''we have more global presence'', ''we have more political and business leaders'' etc. It's about competition bro. My focus is on getting folks to know the truth and get a true relationship with Christ that puts them in the body of Christ, not enter a relationship with an MOG or a denomination.

BTW, I do not believe that Christ Embassy ha anywhere close to a million members, let alone millions. Their largest church outside Nigeria is South Africa and last I checked, it claimed an attendance of 40,000 members. In the U.S., it may be a total of 5,000 members from the various branches at the moment. There is a lot of room to grow; that’s why we need to encourage them in their global campaign, not attack them unnecessarily.

@the bolded. Those are my exact sentiments but i decide to go with the bogus claims of the members lest i be accused of being jealous of the BLW nation. one even claimed they have 20million members worldwide on another thread. God will not ask how many members CEC has on the last day neither will he ask for that of DLBC. He's only interested in adding to his church: The one body of Christ. CEC or any other denomination is very irrelevant in these discussions. I leave squabbling over denominational identity and figures to those interested in breaking the earthly record books for most attendance or most popular or most wealthy.

You might have a million members swear affection for you but only 100 have a relationship with Christ and you might pastor 200 people and 175 are truly saved. Only God knows. God isn't interested in your loyal members, he's interested in his church:The body of Christ. Are your crowd part of that body?

The road that leads to life is indeed straight and narrow......only a few will find it says the Lord and i believe him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.