Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207962 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
Gombs

You can see defense mechanism all the way. Even when advised: 
"Don't study them in defense mode, seek the truth out of them."

Humility will make it possible to learn, arrogance and defiance will make it impossible.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
vooks:

Start with why you do 10% while the Jew did 22%. Wait, yours is Abrahamic? Why then do you resort to Malachi which is directed at 22%-ers?

Bro, tithe in it self means a tenth. Malachi was directed to 22% ers? Really? grin

What is it? A high school subject?

Dear Lord Jesus! undecided

Who/what is a spiritual father?

A pastor, your shepherd.

Focus on the examine and the faith bit. I did and dug up lies I had suppressed for years

No time for frivolities bro.

I probably tithed first when you were still in your diapers. Been there,done that. You on the other hand know only CE truth

Your opinion is noted.

Please take time and go through them in your own time. Of course it is embarassing to admit to your fellow CE guys here that you have a crisis of conscience. It definetly helps to parade your solidarity with Oyaks to your pals. I understand that perfectly cheesy

No thanks! smiley

trustman:

You can see defense mechanism all the way. Even when advised: 
"Don't study them in defense mode, seek the truth out of them."
Humility will make it possible to learn, arrogance and defiance will make it impossible.

Trustman, you have sought my attention and it's becoming worrisome. Ok, let's demonstrate humility here, was circumcision as you said for ISRAEL AND ISRAEL only? Was that notion correct? If yes, how? If no, were you humble enough to admit?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
Gombs:

You never cease to amaze me! lol. . .you applauded vooks' math,now you deny him? notice he said 17.5% on a monthly average. all these were ok,you did not see them. grin

I see you want to bow out,cheer buddy,pls take trustman along.

@christembassey, when animals when get horn dey relate,snail too dey raise hand? grin

start from page 7 and update yourself,i was not calculating Peoples salaries,you blind? grin
tithe wey u dey calculate no be ppl salaries? Don't worry, another small pikin go insult u back. Sowing and reaping no be d scam wey una de do for church o(collecting ppl's money) d insult wey u dey do now, u go reap.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
trustman:
It is unfortunate that for a Christian thread the level of truthfulness expected is only found in a few. That the forum is largely faceless should make owning up to error an easy thing.  But that is not to be. Even an exact and logical subject as maths is contested because some do not want to admit error. 

Is that a reflection of the personal lives of the players?

Those of us who say that tithing is no longer compulsorily required of the New Testament believer do so because We want Christians to enjoy the freedom into which Christ has set them free. 

Those who insist on tithing are leading them them into a yoke of slavery. 

Making Christians tithe by means of any carrot and stick approach is tantamount to manipulating them to give. Asking anyone to go back to the so-called pre-law or tithing by faith options is not only misleading but mischievous. 

When the Christian is not left to decide from his heart what to give, any system employed to get him to give becomes gimmick which nullifies the giving. It is that serious that Christians need to know how to give rightly. 
truth.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
Goshen360:
@ Gombs, Get yourself more confused with this teaching from your hero(es): grin grin grin

The Law Has Been Abolished

What exactly is confusing you in the post you quoted above? Only a biblically-brain-dead religious fellow will get confused at this teaching by @joagbaje

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
christemmbassey:
tithe wey u dey calculate no be ppl salaries? Don't worry, another small pikin go insult u back. Sowing and reaping no be d scam wey una de do for church o(collecting ppl's money) d insult wey u dey do now, u go reap.

Your opinion is duly noted
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
A Jehovah's Witness will not hesitate showering you with Awake,Watchtower and even a copy of the New World Translation. That's spiritual food served at the right time from the 'faithful servant' Watchtower Society. They would never touch Rhapsodies with a ten foot pole....that's apostate literature. Ask paulgrundy. Sit under him and learn a thing or two about indoctrination

Reversed roles here
Gombs:

Bro, tithe in it self means a tenth. Malachi was directed to 22% ers? Really? grin

Dear Lord Jesus! undecided

A pastor, your shepherd.

No time for frivolities bro.

Your opinion is noted.

No thanks! smiley

Trustman, you have sought my attention and it's becoming worrisome. Ok, let's demonstrate humility here, was circumcision as you said for ISRAEL AND ISRAEL only? Was that notion correct? If yes, how? If no, were you humble enough to admit?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
BabaGnoni:

LOL
- typical of a tithe lobbyist, thinking about rules, mistaking need to know information for "rules"

There are better and more important need to know than half truths and trip questions. There remains NO benefit from not tithing.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
There remains NO benefit from not circumcising.

Reductio ad Absurdum
Image123:

There are better and more important need to know than half truths and trip questions. There remains NO benefit from not tithing.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
vooks:

There remains NO benefit from not circumcising.

Reductio ad Absurdum
In other words, you agree with what I stated.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
IF you are continuing tithing because there are NO benefits for not doing so, you may as well throw in a bunch of other stuff..circumcision,Feasts,Sabbath.....Freewill animal offerings......it is absurd and I'd be shocked if it hit you wink
Image123:

In other words, you agree with what I stated.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

What exactly is confusing you in the post you quoted above? Only a biblically-brain-dead religious fellow will get confused at this teaching by @joagbaje

Obviously, dumb double standard hero worshippers will never see what's hidden in that teaching. I'm not confused, I only see through some bullshit that some people serve to us.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
vooks:
IF you are continuing tithing because there are NO benefits for not doing so, you may as well throw in a bunch of other stuff..circumcision,Feasts,Sabbath.....Freewill animal offerings......it is absurd and I'd be shocked if it hit you wink

There remains NO benefit from not tithing, simple yes or no. No need throwing tantrums over simple straight and basic questions.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
You never asked a question
There remains NO benefit from not circumcising,keeping Feasts and so forth. Why stop at tithes, go the whole mile
Image123:

There remains NO benefit from not tithing, simple yes or no. No need throwing tantrums over simple straight and basic questions.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
BabaGnoni:

You wouldn't recognise "Gibberish", if you read it. At this rate, you're wearing the poor "Gibberish" word thin
You wouldn't know what "Gibberish" is if it walked up to you and bite you on the bum
What you going to do, what's going to happen when you wear it thin-vanishing in to the air
- you must have just learnt the word, that's why you take to it like a shine, it's new on you LOL

Young man, if you must know, your words are empty and all that's coming out of your mouth is hot air
You're nothing worse than a disingenious windbag
Why does WoF deserve a windbag like this representing it
?

As a matter of gfact, you really need to shut up for a bit because with all that diarrhea of the mouth, you still aren't coherent as you think you are or be intelligent as you like to make out.
You will not shut up, which typically is a cover for your own shortcomings, inferiority complex and inadequacy(ies)
- Running dystentry, as he's talking shite

Aren't you sick of regurgitation, repeating the same thing on and on, behaving like a whinning or nagging old hag?

You sure would like to know about "Eve-serpent-sex" Don't you? LOL
You sure would like to know about the "Kenneth Hagin-Apostle" angle. Don't you? LOL
- "...Omniscience is not required for that. Simple deductive reasoning would do" © nlMediator
You sure would like to know about the "Tower of Babel" slant. Don't you? LOL

Well what of thinking about Pearls and Pigs?
- over your head and another candidate for your favourite word; "Gibberish" LOL

If you may know, young man, I have the temerity to call you, mbaemeka, incorrigible and wallowing in ignorance. Hahahahahahaha!
Yes, I do because you repeatedly dont take to advice to back up your allegations with proof (i.e. verbatim or the actual quotes)

You know why you are unable back your posts with quotes?
It is because if/when you do, you will fall flat on your face and fail in an embarrassingly epic way

Simple questions asked, especially Q2, and he is going on la-la land (i.e Lastly, you made a fallacy of Generalizing Hastily by making it seem like 'ALL' Healing school ministers avoided patients with the conditions above when you have NEVER attended any of the healing schools to corroborate such a statement)
The questions asked were the below:
Q1) Why are "healing" schools FULL of genuinely and undisputedly crippled wheelchair-ridden people who NEVER GET HEALED?
Q2) Why is cerebral palsy sufferer(s) turned away from approaching "healing" pastor(s) on stage at "healing" school(s)?

I stand by and have ALWAYS stood by whatever I post which is why I ALWAYS BOLDLY ask for verbatim or quotations to back up any raised trumped up charges and allegations
- I will go eyeball-to-eyeball, face-to-face, head-on, mano a mano, one-on-one, toe-to-toe with ten of you put together on anything I post

I am not frightened to speak on issues I understand nor apologetic of any of my posts. I always quote-reference posts I comment or remark on

No matter how much you elbow, spit, poke, scratch, bite, stab, head butt and prod, for the likes of youse, silence is often the best thing to say.

So many words, nothing said.

Meanwhile, I am here laughing at the Palongo dancers.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
Goshen360:

Obviously, dumb double standard hero worshippers will never see what's hidden in that teaching. I'm not confused, I only see through some bullshit that some people serve to us.

Like Circumcision is for ISRAEL AND ONLY ISRAEL.

Hahahahaha. Miss me with the BS. cool

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by MostHigh: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
mbaemeka:

grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 6:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
mbaemeka:

The circumcision that was done IN THE FLESH was completely dismissed in the NT. It means something different to us in the NT. We can't over emphasize this point.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
vooks:
You almost got right.
Nowhere are we told that God CONFIRMED nothing with numbers. I may be wrong. Please show it
you are free to imagine all parameters of 'confirming' the word....but you confuse yourself when you apply that outside the four corners of your church wink

When Peter preached at Cornelius' home and the Holy Spirit fell on the people, was that a confirmation by God of Peter's message of salvation?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sure
nlMediator:

When Peter preached at Cornelius' home and the Holy Spirit fell on the people, was that a confirmation by God of Peter's message of salvation?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
vooks:

Sure

Good. But when Peter preached that same period and thousands came out for salvation, it was not God confirming Peter's message?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
vooks:
You never asked a question
There remains NO benefit from not circumcising,keeping Feasts and so forth. Why stop at tithes, go the whole mile

The question was "In other words, you agree with what I stated." A straight yes or no would have been an appropriate reply instead of the tantrum you threw. The exchange between me and Gnoni was TITHE, stay focused or go wash your face.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Goshen360:

The circumcision that was done IN THE FLESH was completely dismissed in the NT. It means something different to us in the NT. We can't over emphasize this point.

Absolutely!
My position also.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
Goshen360:

And that'll be?
I laugh at your ignorance! grin grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

[b] And that'll be?
I laugh at your ignorance! grin grin grin

Na you dey that picture? You dey laugh here but you dey bone-face like that? Abeg, rejoice joor. grin grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
Goshen360:

^^Total rubbish- provide one verse that says so. Circumcision was not completely dismissed by anybody. It was dismissed as a condition for being saved. The same way someone is not saved because they observed the 10 Commandments the way they would have been in the OT. That's the same way I am allowed to tithe without feeling it makes me righteous. However, the blessing of tithing is still intact as is the blessing of everything pre-law and in-law.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

^^Total rubbish- provide one verse that says so. Circumcision was not completely dismissed by anybody. It was dismissed as a condition for being saved. The same way someone is not saved because they observed the 10 Commandments the way they would have been in the OT. That's the same way I am allowed to tithe without feeling it makes me righteous. However, the blessing of tithing is still intact as is the blessing of everything pre-law and in-law.
We can't over emphasize this point. grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 2:09am On Nov 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

^^Total rubbish- provide one verse that says so.

Why have you decided to rush in to type like Bidam. grin grin grin That's why he also came, rush and clicked like for you and quoted you, talking rubbish too,
Bidam:
We can't over emphasize this point. grin

Both of you can't even understand simple logic. The circumcision you both referring to is IN THE FLESH. That phrase often go along natural circumcision and I made it clear that most of us, Gentiles was circumcised IN THE FLESH of our foreskin in about 8 days or so depending on culture while some even in adult are still not circumcised BEFORE we come to Christ.

When Paul said the Law is spiritual, he knows what he was saying by the Spirit in the sense that, those it was given to are so spiritually blind that they can't see beyond the spiritual truth contained therein which is all wrapped "in Christ". They held unto the dos, donts, regulations, commandments and rituals without understand what the Spirit was saying. Today, by the Apostolic revelations, we understand what's behind circumcision:

New International Version
In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ,

New Living Translation
When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature.

The above verse completely dismiss circumcision IN THE FLESH, MADE BY HANDS....which was what I referred to here:
Goshen360:

...Why does it mean something different to us in the NT? Our fleshly circumcision was already done to us when we're new born babies and that's not a subject of condition for salvation in the first place, because it is irrelevant to when we came to Christ.

mbaemeka:

It was dismissed as a condition for being saved.
...AND interpreted by Apostolic revelation to mean, what is not done by a physical procedure by hands BUT the cutting away of your sinful nature done by Christ.

mbaemeka:

The same way someone is not saved because they observed the 10 Commandments the way they would have been in the OT.

Does Bidam & other Law keepers agree with you in this one also? As for me, I completely agree with you on this one. wink

mbaemeka:

That's the same way I am allowed to tithe without feeling it makes me righteous.

...without feeling it makes you rich, blessed and without making you feel the windows of heaven will be opened to pour out blessings that there will be no room to contain it and finally, without making you feeling devourer is rebuked because you tithe. wink

***edited***

mbaemeka:

However, the blessing of tithing is still intact as is the blessing of everything pre-law and in-law.

This is the crux of the tithe matter: It is always attached to one blessings or the other. This is where you people failed completely in tithe argument. The pre-law tithing after the order of Abraham wasn't done FOR ABRAHAM TO BE BLESSED AND HE WASN'T EVEN EXPECTING ANY BLESSINGS AS YOU CAN READ, HE RETURNED THE OTHER STUFFS TO THE KING and he was blessed before the tithe to Melchi. Where do you people get your example of "pre-law blessing of tithing" from?

2. The blessings of tithing in the law? Don't even go there. I have asked Bidam in the past and will ask you too. Do you think God is a liar that he's not obligated to keep His word if truly He promised He will pour you out blessings that there will be no room to contain it? Ever since you people have been tithing and expecting the "blessings of tithing in the law", have you experience such a blessings that there will be no room to contain it? You people should be distributing blessings by now if truly there's no room to contain that kind of blessings promised by God. I challenge you to produce the evidence of blessings of tithing in the law that in your house, there's truly no room to contain such blessings.

In a simple statement: There's no (special) blessings in tithing than it is in giving. I and many around the world don't tithe but a giver and I'm blessed greatly. You don't want me boast do you? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:06am On Nov 28, 2014
No. Coming to Christ is not confirmation of nothing, just stated as a matter of fact

nlMediator:

Good. But when Peter preached that same period and thousands came out for salvation, it was not God confirming Peter's message?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:51am On Nov 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

^^Total rubbish- provide one verse that says so. Circumcision was not completely dismissed by anybody. [size=20pt]It was dismissed as a condition for being saved. [/size]The same way someone is not saved because they observed the 10 Commandments the way they would have been in the OT. That's the same way I am allowed to tithe without feeling it makes me righteous. However, the blessing of tithing is still intact as is the blessing of everything pre-law and in-law.

They still cannot comprehend this... no mind trustman and humility trash..he's yet to see my post to him. In acts 15, the apostles listed some of Moses' law that should be observed by the Gentiles, I now asked them, weremthe apostles mistaken to know the Law has been totally abolished?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:27am On Nov 28, 2014
My broda,
But circumcision was NEVER retained for ANY reason. Acts 15 Council did more than clarify that circumcision was not necessary for salvation; it was dismissed altogether as a burden. Proof of this is, Paul ONLY circumcised to avoid the bugging unbelieveing Jews. If there was ANY benefit ( which you can't name but Gombs calls 'identifying with the covenant' but can't substantiate) Paul would have circumcised more readily than only when pressured by non-believers.

So circumcision among Gentiles was not a noble practice abused like spiritual gifts in Corinth,for which proper use needed emphasis, it was an unnecessary BURDEN

Galatians 2:3 (ESV)
3 But even Titus, who was with me, was not forced to be circumcised, though he was a Greek.

Acts 16:3 (ESV) 3 Paul wanted Timothy to accompany him, and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those places, for they all knew that his father was a Greek

Why would Paul stay with an uncircumcised Gentile Timothy UNTIL he visits Jerusalem? Why couldn't he circumcise him earlier? Because circumcision was totally useless and irrelevant for a Christian. In Jerusalem, his haterz,nitpickers would not have hesitated to remind everyone that he hang around uncircumcised Gentiles. So he just went along, made a concession for peace sake

Note Titus remained uncircumcised
mbaemeka:

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:52am On Nov 28, 2014
vooks:
My broda,
But circumcision was NEVER retained for ANY reason. Acts 15 Council did more than clarify that circumcision was not necessary for salvation; it was dismissed altogether as a burden. [s]Proof of this is, Paul ONLY circumcised to avoid the bugging unbelieveing Jews. [/s] If there was ANY benefit ( which you can't name but Gombs calls 'identifying with the covenant' but can't substantiate) Paul would have circumcised more readily than only when pressured by non-believers.

So circumcision among Gentiles was not a noble practice abused like spiritual gifts in Corinth,for which proper use needed emphasis, it was an unnecessary BURDEN

I doubt the above cancelled. Paul was a staunch Jew (He gave his CV too), infact, he was so jew that he had to do much to come minister to them, even after Jesus clearly stated his ministry was to the Gentiles. He obviously was already circumcised.

I think you meant He circumcised Timothy because he was under pressure from the jews. I hope you can see you're wrong and take corrrection? Timothy, was half greek and half Jew, though the apostles resolution was that circumcision should not be a basis for being saved. He yeah, bowed to pressure of the Jews and circumvented the resolution. He circumcised Timothy who was a new convert, just to please the Jews who were taught one has to be circumcised before saved.

Later, there was another instance where Paul did his best to conform to Jewish practices. When he got to Jerusalem the local church expressed its concern:'
… it is said that you teach all the Jews in the gentile world to turn their backs on Moses, telling them to give up circumcising their children and following our way of life. What is the position then?' (Acts 21: 21-22, New English Bible)

Christian leaders in Jerusalem, knew that this idea was extremely controversial, and called on Paul for guidance. Paul did not answer their question directly. He affirmed that he instructed gentile converts to abstain from fornication and a few other rules. [size=20pt]He said that he followed the law. [/size] However, nothing is recorded as directly refuting the charge that he had been advising Jews to turn their backs on Moses and to stop circumcising their children.

In any case, the whole point was lost in an enormous melee that resulted in Paul being arrested at Jerusalem and finally sent to Rome. Paul's actions about circumcision in Acts are noticeably different from the thoughts he expressed in his letters. Some of this may be due to the fact that he was dealing with Jews in Acts whereas in his letters he was writing to Gentiles.

Another difference is that Acts writes about his actions whereas in his letters, Paul is writing for himself. However, there does appear to be a development of his thought on the subject. When his letters are examined in the order in which they appear in the New Testament, his attitude to circumcision as a requisite for salvation becomes steadily more hostile.

I just saw the Galatians part you added, what Paul was saying there was that after meeting with leaders in Jerusalem, they were in agreement with what he taught, and did not force him to get Titus circumcised. What we are saying here is, circumcision WAS NOT a basis for being saved. Titus was saved, and he was not circumcised, unlike how the Jews wanted it - one has to be circumcised else, no salvation. He buttressed this fact here

[NLT] Galatians 5:2 Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.