Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,604 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Victor Moses Should Be "Ashamed Of Himself" And Punished!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Moses Should Be "Ashamed Of Himself" And Punished!! (1084 Views)

Iwobi And Moses Should Start The 2nd Leg. / Why Chelsea's Victor Moses Should Be A Chance / Why Victor Moses Should Have A Re - Think Of Chelsea Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Victor Moses Should Be "Ashamed Of Himself" And Punished!! by moneybag100: 12:03am On Oct 20, 2014
Cheat Moses should be ashamed'

19 October 2014 Updated 19:40
Swansea boss Garry Monk said Stoke winger Victor Moses should be "ashamed of himself" and punished for his role in helping Stoke win a penalty.
Monk's team lost 2-1 at the Britannia Stadium with his defender Angel Rangel penalised for a foul on Moses.
And the Swans boss, whose team are without a win in five league games, said: "Moses should be done for diving, for cheating."
Stoke boss Mark Hughes described Monk's comments as "unacceptable".
Hughes said: "I actually heard him say that my player was a cheat which is unacceptable in my view.
"He's (Monk) obviously upset. We have to come in here 20 minutes after the game to speak about what's gone on and sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and maybe that will come from experience."
Swansea led through a Wilfried Bony penalty but Stoke levelled through Charlie Adam's spot kick and substitute Jonathan Walters headed home the winner after the break.
In a highly-charged and honest press conference after the match, Monk said:
Stoke's penalty was "absolutely disgusting"
Only Michael Oliver thought it was a spot kick
Referees' chief Mike Riley had not replied to his concerns
He would not be able to go home if he were Moses
Monk criticised Michael Oliver for awarding Stoke the spot kick for "barely minimal contact" which allowed the hosts level at 1-1 before the break.
"It was an absolute disgusting decision from the referee in terms of the penalty against us," said the 35-year-old Monk of Oliver's decision to penalise Rangel after Moses tumbled inside the box.
"He is supposed to be a professional referee at the highest level. He's the only guy who thought it was a penalty. Everyone in the stadium was amazed.
"How he (Oliver) can't see it is a blatant dive is beyond me."
The Swansea manager said he had previously raised his concerns with Riley, but had not heard from the referees' chief.
Former England defender Danny Mills on BBC Radio 5 live
"I don't understand how you can give the first penalty because you would have to give six or seven a game. I think he knows he has given a soft penalty and then when Victor Moses throws himself to the ground, when most of the time he would have been given a yellow card for diving, it's a penalty. Very poor refereeing."
"It's happening week after week and it's always against us," added Monk.
"I've sent a DVD off, with a letter, but I've had no contact from Mike Riley. I think that's very poor leadership from him. He is clearly not listening and I have to go above him, and hopefully we will get the answers.
"We just want to know why there is no consistency in the big decisions that have changed games for us."

Garry Monk called Victor Moses a "disgrace" for his role in Stoke's penalty
However, the Board of Professional Game Match Officials (PGMO) - the Premier League referees' body - has disputed Monk's claims that he has tried to contact Riley.
"Garry has made a direct assertion that a letter or DVD has been sent to Mike, but he has not received either," said a PGMO spokesman.
"We are unaware of any letter or DVD. The PGMO has an open door policy if any manager or club wants to contact us about an issue."
Monk said Moses' fall inside the box was a "blatant dive" and called on the Nigeria winger to be punished.
"He should be ashamed of himself for diving like that," said the Englishman.
"I would not be able to go home to my family and show my face, for me it is a disgrace. He should be punished heavily for that. If my player had done that he would not play in the next game."
When asked if he feared his comments may land him in trouble, Monk added: "What have I said wrong? I haven't said anything wrong, I haven't called anyone names, it's not slanderous."

Source: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29682896
Re: Victor Moses Should Be "Ashamed Of Himself" And Punished!! by yimikaa: 2:21am On Oct 20, 2014
This guy should shut up.what bad loser. Mtcheew
Re: Victor Moses Should Be "Ashamed Of Himself" And Punished!! by Godson32(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
There will always be an excuse. Moses should ignore him.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Yaya Toure Arrested / Man City Midfielder Nasri: Everyone Knew FIFA Was Corrupt / Bolivia Vs Mexico Live Stream Watch Free And 2015 Copa America Preview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.