Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? (2169 Views)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:03am On Oct 20, 2014
Should pastors tell their followers not to tithe if they now realised the truth that tithing is not a requirement for the new testament church?
If they do, won't their followers see them as double tongued and paint them black for going back on what they have used their last blood to preach for a long time now?

Just imagine, Oyebopo, Adeboye, pastor christ, WF Kumuyi and many more popular men of God now telling their followers to stop tithing after they have preached the tithe doctrine to them for years. Won't it sound funny and even dent their reputation as men of God? And will even make their followers to see them as unserious?

So, i don't think that even if those popular preachers now know the truth about the tithe doctrine they have defended for a long time now, they would not tell their followers for fear of being ridiculed or denting their image before the public.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by asalimpo(m): 1:35am On Oct 20, 2014
You mean,if tithing is not mandatory,shud churches not tell the truth ?
First, most christians don't tithe.
And most who do,dont do so regularly. So wether people think it is mandatory or not ,it changes nothing, it's people's attitude to money that is the issue.

People pay more than 10% on other things. Yet dont gripe.
Income tax is a whooping 40% (in some places),
and it taken out bf employees get their hands on d gross, everytime.
There is property tax, road usage tax, all kinds of bills - stop and think- wat if God taxed man for using his planet, disturbing Him with prayers etc. And raised the rate to 2/3rd of man's income,would He be justified?

Tithe should be an honour thing.
Arguing whether to giv or not is nothing but backed by ulterior motives.
What is 10% ?

To your question, tithe predates the law. It isnt done away with.
Abraham tithed to melchizedeck.
That was before the law.
Isrealites presented their first fruits to God as an act of honour.
First borns were presented to God ,as an act of Honour.
Out of the twelve tribes of isreal, one tribe was dedicated to God.
The levites.
A day in the week was dedicated to God,the sabbath,
of all the nations of the earth, one was hand picked by God for himself.
Etc
dedicating a thing to God gives God the right to bless the rest.
So a christian, dedicating a portion of his wealth to God, is in accordance with divine principles.
I dont see how this gets done away with,ever.

2 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 20, 2014
The Bible is clear about this issue.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:38am On Oct 20, 2014
signor11:
The Bible is clear about this issue.
which issue?

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by PastorKun(m): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2014
Ukutsgp:
Should pastors tell their followers not to tithe if they now realised the truth that tithing is not a requirement for the new testament church?
If they do, won't their followers see them as double tongued and paint them black for going back on what they have used their last blood to preach for a long time now?

Just imagine, Oyebopo, Adeboye, pastor christ, WF Kumuyi and many more popular men of God now telling their followers to stop tithing after they have preached the tithe doctrine to them for years. Won't it sound funny and even dent their reputation as men of God? And will even make their followers to see them as unserious?

So, i don't think that even if those popular preachers now know the truth about the tithe doctrine they have defended for a long time now, they would not tell their followers for fear of being ridiculed or denting their image before the public.

Truth is that a good number of them have realised the truth but their pride, ego and most especially their love for money would not allow them to admit this truth and repent.

3 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:08am On Oct 20, 2014
PastorKun:

Truth is that a good number of them have realised the truth but their pride, ego and most especially their love for money would not allow them to admit this truth and repent.
i also think so.

3 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
They will never tell their followers the truth even if they know.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Spuggie: 1:50am On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:
They will never tell their followers the truth even if they know.

but, come to think of it, why will they tell their followers the truth.....living opulent lifestyle is addictive.....someone has to keep paying for their luxurious lifestyles, picking their bills, fueling their jets, health bills, accommodation in 5 star hotels, building their expensive schools .....u don't have to blame these pastors, more of the responsibility lies with their gullible followers to be able to discern truth from falsehood rather than allowing these pastors to think for them. You will think that in a capitalist economy like ours, people should know that to be extremely rich u have to be a smart and hard working biz man or a corrupt politician like in the case of Nigeria and not a pastor selling false hopes and getting rich off them especially at the expense of the poor.....but you will be wrong

2 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by jdilight(m): 10:03am On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:

Anyone who tells you not to tithe is against your prosperity
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

how? I dnt understand
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by PastorKun(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

Another pathetically brainwashed maga
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by jdilight(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:
how? I dnt understand

If he that gives to a prophet receives a prophet reward, what happens to he that gives to God?
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

If he that gives to a prophet receives a prophet reward, what happens to he that gives to God?
did Jesus asked u to tithe?

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by jdilight(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:
did Jesus asked u to tithe?

Did Jesus asked you not to tithe?
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

Did Jesus asked you not to tithe?
did the early church pay tithe? What do u think that made them prosper so massively despite not paying tithe? The apostles where silent about the tithe doctrine because it is no longer relevant.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by jdilight(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ukutsgp:
did the early church pay tithe? What do u think that made them prosper so massively despite not paying tithe? The apostles where silent about the tithe doctrine because it is no longer relevant.

I was expecting you to tell me Jesus said stop tithing. What is your proof that the reason the apostles did not speak about tithe was because it was no longer relevant rather than the people were strict adherent to tithing. Do you know that most of the things the apostles spoke about were mainly for correcting the people. If it is so, why will they teach them to pay tithe the are obedient to.

Paul talk about giving to the Corinthians because they were not givers but did not do same to other churches.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by PastorKun(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

I was expecting you to tell me Jesus said stop tithing. What is your proof that the reason the apostles did not speak about tithe was because it was no longer relevant rather than the people were strict adherent to tithing. Do you know that most of the things the apostles spoke about were mainly for correcting the people. If it is so, why will they teach them to pay tithe the are obedient to.

Paul talk about giving to the Corinthians because they were not givers but did not do same to other churches.

Most of the epistles that Paul wrote were to gentile converts to christianity who couldn't have been conversant with the jewish doctrine of tithes. If it was necessary for believers to tithe, Paul would have included it in his epistles as gentiles weren't tithing before then. That is apart from the fact that the type of tithing practised today is a distortion of the biblical one.

4 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

should i list some things Jesus did nt stop in the old testament that u are nt doing now? Tithe ended on the bases of christ death. Show me where the early church payed tithe and i will rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by enilove(m): 3:09am On Oct 22, 2014
Ukutsgp:
should i list some things Jesus did nt stop in the old testament that u are nt doing now? Tithe ended on the bases of christ death. Show me where the early church payed tithe and i will rest my case.

If you did not see where d church payed tithe, I hope you read these verses and follow suit:

Acts 4:32-35, 37 KJV
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. [33] And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. [34] Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, [35] And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. [37] Having land, sold it , and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

A true child of God would want to contribute to the growth of the gospel. If tithe is not convinient for you how will the above deed of the early church be adhered to by you?

Islam is spreading and killing innocent souls because of the financial support of the Arab nations.
May be you expect churches to be begging unbelievers for place of worship so that they can rubbish the name of our Lord Jesus.

Jesus told us to tithe. If tithe is no longer practised , please practice what d early churches practiced by contributing the whole of your salary to or church, at least that is written in the Bible.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by BodyKiss(m): 3:34am On Oct 22, 2014
You're seriously overrating their followers. Those gullible fellows will take anything thrown at them by their gods of men. These people barely make use of their brains.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Spuggie: 7:04am On Oct 22, 2014
BodyKiss:
You're seriously overrating their followers. Those gullible fellows will take anything thrown at them by their gods of men. These people barely make use of their brains.
you said it the way it is.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Spuggie: 7:07am On Oct 22, 2014
BodyKiss:
True talk, you said it the way it is. Its high time their gullible followers started using their brains. Once you give someone the right to think for you, you are always going to be scammed. The gullible followers have a higher portion of the blame.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2014
enilove:

If you did not see where d church payed tithe, I hope you read these verses and follow suit:

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. [33] And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. [34] Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, [35] And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. [37] Having land, sold it , and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

A true child of God would want to contribute to the growth of the gospel. If tithe is not convinient for you how will the above deed of the early church be adhered to by you?

Islam is spreading and killing innocent souls because of the financial support of the Arab nations.
May be you expect churches to be begging unbelievers for place of worship so that they can rubbish the name of our Lord Jesus.

Jesus told us to tithe. If tithe is no longer practised , please practice what d early churches practiced by contributing the whole of your salary to or church, at least that is written in the Bible.

giving in the new testament is voluntary. people gave as they purpose in their heart like the early church. i dnt know where Jesus gave the commandment of tithing.

3 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by paxonel(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2014
enilove:

contribution and tithe is not the same thing.
in contribution people give willingly. But in tithe, people are cajoled to give, accompanied with threats of robbing God and not getting prosper if you don't pay
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ukutsgp:

Instead of accepting "tithes" from their Church members, Pastors/Elders/Bishops/Apostles or whaever other tithe they want to be identified as need to quit encouraging their comgregations to tithe. Stop buying tithe envelopes. Tear up (or burn) the tithe envelopes that you've already purchased.

Hebrews 7:5 (KJV) 5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Hebrews 7:6 (KJV) 6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Hebrews 7:7 (KJV) 7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

Hebrews 7:8 (KJV) 8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he [receiveth them], of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

God's Holy Word does not give you authority to receive tithes. The last place tithes are commanded in the Bible, (Hebrews 7:5-8 ) they are to be received by Levites... Not Pastors. Every time your Church receives tithes, it has committed an act of robbery. It has taken the property of another...that which rightfully belongs to the Levites.

If your members insist on tithing, teach them to make yearly trips to Israel to take their tithes to those whom God's Word says are the rightful owners of His tithes... Levites, widows, orphans and strangers in Israel.

As long as you continue to receive tithes in your Church, you will remain a God-robber, for you will be robbing the rightful owners of His tithes.

In the Bible, God's tithe was never commanded for, carried to, or controlled by the Church.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
jdilight:

the Gentile nations were not tithing to God. They had no knowledge that God required tithes... Or that He had 612 other Laws. Read Psalm 147:19-20. They were not given His ordinances. Tithing was an ordinance of God. See Malachi 3:7-12.

They were not tithing to God. They could not have been. They were unaware of that ordinance.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
Instead of accepting "tithes" from their Church members, Pastors/Elders/Bishops/Apostles or whaever other tithe they want to be identified as need to quit encouraging their comgregations to tithe. Stop buying tithe envelopes. Tear up (or burn) the tithe envelopes that you've already purchased.

Hebrews 7:5 (KJV) 5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Hebrews 7:6 (KJV) 6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Hebrews 7:7 (KJV) 7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

Hebrews 7:8 (KJV) 8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he [receiveth them], of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

God's Holy Word does not give you authority to receive tithes. The last place tithes are commanded in the Bible, (Hebrews 7:5-8 ) they are to be received by Levites... Not Pastors. Every time your Church receives tithes, it has committed an act of robbery. It has taken the property of another...that which rightfully belongs to the Levites.

If your members insist on tithing, teach them to make yearly trips to Israel to take their tithes to those whom God's Word says are the rightful owners of His tithes... Levites, widows, orphans and strangers in Israel.

As long as you continue to receive tithes in your Church, you will remain a God-robber, for you will be robbing the rightful owners of His tithes.

In the Bible, God's tithe was never commanded for, carried to, or controlled by the Church.
good elucidation.
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by Peteru82(m): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
PastorKun:

You Are Right

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by menxer: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
enilove:

If you defend tithing, can you defend the bolded as practiced in today's churches? grin
Re: Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? by menxer: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
The only law that the dispensation of God's Grace has not absolved Christians is the law of tithing; the question is: can we be justified by keeping just one of the laws?

(1) (Reply)

Mecca Crane Collapse "An Act Of God" Says Engineer. / My Christians Brothers Should Help Me Clarify This / Pics: Difference Between How Muslim & Christians Train Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.