Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing (1877 Views)

Difference Between Butter And Mangerine / Fondant Icing Versus Butter Icing / How to make fondant icing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing by dlinglos(f): 7:14am On Oct 20, 2014
Hello dear cake makers in the house. So I decorated a cake over the weekend. My first wink ! It came out well but by the next morning I noticed it was melting...turning to liquid sugar. Please what is the possible cause. Thank you. Below is the recipe I used:
Margarine 250g, Icing sugar 1kg, 2tsp salt, 2tsp flavour, about 4 tabsp condense milk, some water
Re: Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 20, 2014
Heat! Heat! Heat!

Though I'm not a butter icing pro, but I think one way of avoiding such is by icing the morning of the event if possible.

If the choice of icing is up to you, I'll advise you took the season/weather into consideration before opting for it. It's much better using butter icing during the rainy season than dry season. The cooler the weather, the better it is for your butter icing.

I might have heard somewhere too that one could put it in a fridge to keep it from melting, especially if it is a small cake. You know, the same way putting chocolate in the fridge hardens it and keeps it from melting. You could research on this.

Chao!
Re: Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing by dlinglos(f): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2014
@Driven, yeah it was really hot! Next time I'll put the weather and season into consideration.
Thank you so much.
Re: Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
@dlinglos, you're welcome.

Something else I forgot to add: avoid overcreaming. Just do it moderately, cos you know the more you cream, the softer the butter gets and the softer it is, the faster it melts. My friends used to do that, and they said it helped.
Re: Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing by mamachops(f): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
you've got all d answer dear. your recipe is not wrong.

Use royal icing next time if u can't make fondant...or pop d stuff into d fridge. shaa don't allow water in d fridge drip on it
Re: Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing by dlinglos(f): 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
Driven:
@dlinglos, you're welcome.

Something else I forgot to add: avoid overcreaming. Just do it moderately, cos you know the more you cream, the softer the butter gets and the softer it is, the faster it melts. My friends used to do that, and they said it helped.

Ok. Thanks again.
Re: Please What Is The Cause Of "Weeping" Butter Icing by dlinglos(f): 11:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
mamachops:
you've got all d answer dear. your recipe is not wrong.

Use royal icing next time if u can't make fondant...or pop d stuff into d fridge. shaa don't allow water in d fridge drip on it
I'm happy to hear that my recipe is not wrong.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Who Hasn't Tasted Ice Cream And Chicken Pie Before? / Leafy Green Vegetables / No Eba, No Rice, No White Bread! So What Can I Eat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.