Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... (1238 Views)

FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini / Ronaldo Should Win Ballon D’or, Not Messi – Mourinho. Should He? / Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 20, 2014
Michel Platini does not believe that either Cristian
Ronaldo or Lionel Messi deserves to win this year'
Ballon d'Or, with the Uefa president arguing that
the award should go to one of Germany's World
Cup winners.
Ronaldo is the favourite to land the prestigious
prize given his record-breaking goalscoring
exploits during Real Madrid's Champions League
success last season, while Messi is also considere
a major contender after inspiring Argentina to th
final of Brazil 2014.
However, Platini believes that a member of
Joachim Low's World Cup-winning squad deserve
the individual accolade.
"I don't vote for the Ballon d'Or but, in principle,
[in a World Cup year] it's a player who has
produced big performances in the tournament
who wins it," the Uefa president told beIn Sports.
"So, it should be a German this year.
"It was like that until 2010, when Messi won in
spite of having had an average World Cup, so
nothing is certain for this year.
"However, what is certain is that Cristiano
Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world
long with Lionel Messi. There's no doubt about
that."
Platini, of course, lifted the Ballon d'Or three time
during his playing days, winning the award for
the first time in 1983 and retaining it for the nex
two years.
The former France international believes that the
game has changed a lot since his heyday,
particularly from a players' perspective.
"Football has taken another dimension in the last
20 years," Platini mused.
"The superstar status players enjoy is proportiona
to that. Players benefit in every way.
"In return, though, they have more orders to
follow than in the past. In my time, we were
freer."
www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2014/10/19/5277021/-
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by kennyslim1(m): 8:10am On Oct 20, 2014
You better give it to CR7 or this whole award is a fvcking scam!

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Yustash001(m): 8:12am On Oct 20, 2014
Platini has said it all....2010....nobody deserved the world best player as much as sneidjer....i was just suprised when i saw the award given to messi
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by buskie13(m): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Yustash001:
Platini has said it all....2010....nobody deserved the world best player as much as sneidjer....i was just suprised when i saw the award given to messi
he's an overrated pvssy.....Ronaldo must win it next year no matter what.
..cos i wonder if he was blind,deaf and dumb when they stole de award for Messi in 2011

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by buskie13(m): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Yustash001:
..cos i wonder if he was blind,deaf and dumb when they stole de award for Messi in 2011....
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by touchplay(m): 8:20am On Oct 20, 2014
nt even a Nigeria...a german .this man is sick !

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by kennyslim1(m): 8:23am On Oct 20, 2014
Yustash001:

The same scenario now wanna play in favor of Ronaldo, they are now trying to play a fast one on him

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Baddestguyp(m): 8:30am On Oct 20, 2014
I'm not against his idea but it won't work. Germany is a complete team where no one really stands out so who wanna vote for who. ronaldo or messi bags it, no doubt
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Goke7: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2014
FIFA is the one that created a bad precedence when they gave it to messi in 2010 and a lot of people supported it, now they have no choice than to give it to ronaldo or else they will be accused of bias, I agree with Platini but a bad precedence has been set up by FIFA and they have to continue with that mess, just like they gave the mvp award to messi at the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by buskie13(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2014
Goke7:
FIFA is the one that created a bad precedence when they gave it to messi in 2010 and a lot of people supported it, now they have no choice than to give it to ronaldo or else they will be accused of bias, I agree with Platini but a bad precedence has been set up by FIFA and they have to continue with that mess, just like they gave the mvp award to messi at the world cup.
it's so annoying

2 Likes

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by habiolah(m): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
no be team captains and coaches dey vote? let them vote again now, and give it to whoever the cap fits. who you go give for Germany? they never relied on the individual brilliance of any member of the team. ronaldo or messi wins dis.
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Rexnegro(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
Make I turn ghanian if cr7 win am...after denying ribery for cr7 una want deny another person for cr7 again abi ? Same cr7 wey no fit take Portugal out of WC group stage ? Abegi make una go rest a German truly deserve it.....2010/11 the main reason they gave messi was because above everyone messi was so outstanding, had a breathtaking performance, scoring a whooping 73goals, had 27assists in same calendar yrs....never achieved by any player in his generation....winning la liga n kings cup....while snieder was only in a team that was determined to win treble not like he outplayed messi that year...ok fine 2010 WC came he couldn't win it....but Spain did...so that year I would give it to Xavi or iniesta for winning la liga,kings and then the ultimate WC trophy.....but messi performance that year was out of this world hence fifa and those that vote recognized it and crown him......but cr7 scoring 17goal in CL , fine a good records set by him but mind u fifa/voters saw he couldn't even qualify Portugal from group stage where its matters most, funny enough had a poor group stage performance scoring just a goal if am not mistaken...so if u ask me I agree with platini that a German perhaps Thomas muller or Emmanuel neuer should win it..then 2nd to messi for taking Argentina to final and lost narrowly.....
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ronaldo should win the Award

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by mainheart(m): 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
Rexnegro:
Make I turn ghanian if cr7 win am...after denying ribery for cr7 una want deny another person for cr7 again abi ? Same cr7 wey no fit take Portugal out of WC group stage ? Abegi make una go rest a German truly deserve it.....2010/11 the main reason they gave messi was because above everyone messi was so outstanding, had a breathtaking performance, scoring a whooping 73goals, had 27assists in same calendar yrs....never achieved by any player in his generation....winning la liga n kings cup....while snieder was only in a team that was determined to win treble not like he outplayed messi that year...ok fine 2010 WC came he couldn't win it....but Spain did...so that year I would give it to Xavi or iniesta for winning la liga,kings and then the ultimate WC trophy.....but messi performance that year was out of this world hence fifa and those that vote recognized it and crown him......but cr7 scoring 17goal in CL , fine a good records set by him but mind u fifa/voters saw he couldn't even qualify Portugal from group stage where its matters most, funny enough had a poor group stage performance scoring just a goal if am not mistaken...so if u ask me I agree with platini that a German perhaps Thomas muller or Emmanuel neuer should win it..then 2nd to messi for taking Argentina to final and lost narrowly.....
u be teacher, well said.
who get ear make him hear

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
Rexnegro:
bad guy well said tooh who get eye make e read
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Rexnegro(m): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2014
mainheart:
u be teacher, well said.
who get ear make him hear
Am not a teacher , just a Barcelona fans who says the truths even if its against my club....
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by Rexnegro(m): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2014
snrman:
bad guy well said tooh who get eye make e read
Bro am not a bad guy o....just saying my mind o
Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:33am On Oct 23, 2014
buskie13:
..cos i wonder if he was blind,deaf and dumb when they stole de award for Messi in 2011
If Messi was the favorite, Michael Platini would have been quiet.

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by buskie13(m): 7:12am On Oct 23, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
If Messi was the favorite, Michael Platini would have been quiet.
let's just wait and see

1 Like

Re: Platini: A German Should Win Ballon D'or - Not Ronaldo Or... by mainheart(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2014
Rexnegro:

Am not a teacher , just a Barcelona fans who says the truths even if its against my club....
one of the barca fans, carry go joor don't look them. up barca

(1) (Reply)

Fund My Merrybet Acc Through Card / PHOTOS: Ronaldo And Messi's Rivalry Resumes / Anthony Martial Crowned With The EPL Player Of The Month (Pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.