Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money (17886 Views)

Cows Drag Road With Motorist In Abuja (photos) / Unbelievable: Bluetooth Device Will Help Motorist To Avoid Traffic Congestion / Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 11, 2014
Immune1:

thats a classic example which manual car owners enjoy!noted.

Not just manual.
Put ur automatic car on Neutral and it will gladly roll down a slope
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 9:26am On Dec 11, 2014
Then switching off ac in traffic.
Then trying to ......

But the issue is that

Nigeria has the highest cost of PMS in OPEC nations don't blame them

Buy a four cylinder car then have rest of mind
Drive a manual car that will reduce your visit to mechanic
Buy a sealed oil

Tokunbo parts are better cos new are fake

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 9:27am On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:

Not just manual.
Put ur automatic car on Neutral and it will gladly roll down a slope

You can't do that cos your automatic car must be on park when the ignition is off so it can't roll

Your wrong here bro
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

You can't do that cos your automatic car must be on park when the ignition is off so it can't roll

Your wrong here bro

I did it yesterday.
My automatic has a neutral gear (N)
I put it on N then turn off the engine and let it roll. I was stuck in that eko bridge traffic and my fuel was low

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by PRINCEHPXP(m): 9:32am On Dec 11, 2014
hehehehehehehehe
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2014
Asking girls for money and telling them that they will pound them well angry??This one beats me
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by holatin(m): 9:36am On Dec 11, 2014
Nigeria the country like no other
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tete7000(m): 9:43am On Dec 11, 2014
My people, I have complete vehicle's documents but anytime I can afford to do so, I will always prefer to avoid Lagos traffic officials (be it VIO, FRSC, police, etc). Those guys are bunch of nuisance I will prefer not to have anything at all to do with. I will prefer not to even talk to them. They infuriate me, their conduct is totally repugnant. They are just out to extort and nothing more. I used to drive in Ibadan, they don't constitute nuisance as the ones in Lagos. Lagos traffic official are touts (area boys) in uniforms.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Edusouls(m): 9:44am On Dec 11, 2014
nigeria the country of endless sagas..
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 11, 2014
oweniwe:

*modified*
it depend on the type of transmission. If its hydraulic transmission, ok.... But with cvvt, no no.

wo.... When u are low on fuel and u are afraid of your vehicle going off, you wont even think about the gear. Getting home will be ur no 1 priority.

Well, what i know is that the engine/torque converter disengage at low rpm so shifting from D to N while in motion doesnt affect the gear....

But if u mistakenly shift to Reverse instead of Neutral.... shocked lipsrsealed

Some cars will simply go off if the gear manages to enter reverse. It's happened to me before..

Taxi drivers changing gear before the engine has gotten a chance to increase even the smallest RPM. They will be in gear 5 by 40km/hr

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 11, 2014
Immune1:

thats a classic example which manual car owners enjoy!noted.
automatic transmission owners enjoy dsame bro..... Move the shift to N(neutral) and the car will roll down the slope and u can restart it even when still in motion on neutral.....
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by eightsin(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
Cunny country, Cunny citizens. I put my country
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by azpekuliar: 10:01am On Dec 11, 2014
I used to be very guilty of No. 1, when I hadn't processed the new drivers license. Mehn! I knew all the usual spots for all uniformed men at any particular point of the day. I left early in the day, and returned late in the evening. If I needed to go out during the day and would have to drive through those spots, I took alternative routes.
But the OP left one, how about motorists trying to avoid a LASTMA official/police impounding their vehicle or extorting them?
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by engllishmart(m): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2014
my power steering oil is always shorting so my mechanic said I can also use engine oil to substitute. That's what I'm using now
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tivta(m): 10:15am On Dec 11, 2014
Like i always tell my friends, don't buy a car unless you have a steady source of income and not depending on God to fuel and maintain your car.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by item1: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2014
I have seen some wicked truck drivers put some oil into the diesel tank to thicken the fuel and reduce consumption. At the experience of those following them behind as the truck will be releasing so much smoke so .such that you can't stay at their back and you can't see well enough to overtake them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by oseiwe(m): 10:28am On Dec 11, 2014
I only do the number 1 offence. The so called biometric driver's license will be done when I start driving during the daytime.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by oseiwe(m): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2014
dovelike:
Asking girls for money and telling them that they will pound them well angry??This one beats me
you know where you dey so?

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Feranchek(m): 10:50am On Dec 11, 2014
oweniwe:

says who? I do with it auto jor. cheesy

If am low on fuel, i rev up my sienna, take foot off the accelerator and shift the gear to Neutral...... When the car slows down, i shift it back to D, rev up, back to Neutral again.

Don't try this on a busy road o....

grin

Please explain the implementation for better enlightenment cos I'm a new driver....
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 11, 2014
oseiwe:

you know where you dey so?
Nairaland?
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by engrkaz(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2014
Hmmmm...... I am guilty of buying Tokunbo Tyres, but I will never do that again, just bought all four, Goodyear, but my spare na still Toks...

And if you drive a fairly used second hand Tokunbo, you must have these guys as personal buddies, brake master, alignment normally called ELA in local parlance, a very sound REWIRE, and a vulcanizer [i][/i] for cold patching of ur worn tokunbo tyres...
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by yomi007k(m): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
I jus came here to say "Na lie u dey lie". That's all
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by bettercreature(m): 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
That number 4 and 5 makes me worried you are thinking upside down
ofcourse tokunbo spare part is better than brand new cos its very hard to find original spear parts in Nigeria
lastly why living in banana island when 2 years rent will build you nice duplex at egbeda
You guys should be realistic and stop living a fake life
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
meeeehnn!!!!, this OP is rilli on point....
where you copy ham from? cheesy cheesy
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Generalkorex(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
Commercial drivers are guilty of this.especially danfo drivers. Some of them no dey get conductor again. Them go just say make people gather the money come from back.some of them would even parked and make sure the money is completed before moving. This is common in lagos mainland here.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Dewze(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
9icetoo:
U forgot to add "turning off ignition on slopes to save fuel".
They do this a lot in ogbomoso, Abeokuta and Ibadan.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by InvertedHammer: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
/
6 cylinders dey chop fuel!

Solution: Block fuel lines to convert it to 4 cylinders vehicle.

Those mechanics....
grin grin grin

\

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
icebeatz:

I did it yesterday.
My automatic has a neutral gear (N)
I put it on N then turn off the engine and let it roll. I was stuck in that eko bridge traffic and my fuel was low

THATS NICE, BUT I KNOW THAT MOST TOYOTA MUST BE ON PARK BEFORE THEY CAN BE TURNED OFF

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

300,000th G-class Rolls Out Of Production Line In Graz / The New Ferrari Portofino Has Been Unveiled With 590hp (photos) / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.