Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money (17884 Views)

Cows Drag Road With Motorist In Abuja (photos) / Unbelievable: Bluetooth Device Will Help Motorist To Avoid Traffic Congestion / Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
tivta:
Like i always tell my friends, don't buy a car unless you have a steady source of income and not depending on God to fuel and maintain your car.

What if u lose your job after buying the car

My dear car isn't a luxury but a neccesity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tivta(m): 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

What if u lose your job after buying the car

My dear car isn't a luxury but a neccesity

If such happens the best thing to do is use the car sparingly.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

THATS NICE, BUT I KNOW THAT MOST TOYOTA MUST BE ON PARK BEFORE THEY CAN BE TURNED OFF
In most cars,
With your auto gear stick in 'N' position, you can turn off the ignition and remove your key from the ignition switch.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 12:29am On Dec 12, 2014
lomomike:

In most cars,
With your auto gear stick in 'N' position, you can turn off the ignition and remove your key from the ignition switch.

That's nice but driving manual still rocks

Any day
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 12:32am On Dec 12, 2014
tivta:

And this is sparingly

Having a car isn't luxury
What is luxury is the type of car

Here in Lagos or Nigeria we lack efficient transport system and its expensive

From Ikeja yo island in a taxi is like 5k minimum

But 5k fuel in your small golf will serve you a week and parts are cheap ..you fit use the car hutsle
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 12, 2014
tonychristopher:

That's nice but driving manual still rocks

Any day

Oh c'mon this thread ain't about manual vs autos. Someone asked and I proffered solution. The last time I checked, the topic stated thus, "Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money".

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tivta(m): 8:41am On Dec 12, 2014
tonychristopher:

And this is sparingly

Having a car isn't luxury
What is luxury is the type of car

Here in Lagos or Nigeria we lack efficient transport system and its expensive

From Ikeja yo island in a taxi is like 5k minimum

But 5k fuel in your small golf will serve you a week and parts are cheap ..you fit use the car hutsle

But with that 5k you can go 2 or 3 weeks with public bus.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2014
tivta:
But with that 5k you can go 2 or 3 weeks with public bus.

depending, what about convienience, if you are a man that has family you will understand the importance of a car, my dear nobody brags with poverty. It is a bad thing.

Do you think that its everybody that has the patience for that bus thing

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tivta(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2014
tonychristopher:

depending, what about convienience, if you are a man that has family you will understand the importance of a car, my dear nobody brags with poverty. It is a bad thing.

Do you think that its everybody that has the patience for that bus thing
It is well. Different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
Now we are on same page

tivta:
It is well. Different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by lordmassac(m): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2014
KA24DETT:

Actually , you can put a car in Reverse when driving, I have done that on my Audi A6 4.2. What happens is that the car will act like its in neutral and slow down completely and then engage the reverse gear . I was experimenting to see what will happen if I put it in R while driving .
Most auto transmission are build like this to prevent damage to the transmission .

I double agree with your comment. I mistakenly shifted my sienna to R instead of N while on speed... To my surprise, ther was no noise or reaction except a gradual reduction in speed.

But fear will not allow me try it out of my own will.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by tonychristopher: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
tivta:

That's when you will use the car to hutsle

If u don't use a car it depreciates ..engines are designedto work aand piston IG doesn't work it will r rust
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
lomomike:

In most cars,

Not in bmw you can't. It must be on park.
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by InvertedHammer: 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
tivta:
Like i always tell my friends, don't buy a car unless you have a steady source of income and not depending on God to fuel and maintain your car.
/
I think someone without a steady job should buy a car. The car could be a source of income too a la kabukabu, airport taxi, etc.
If someone loses a job, owns a Camry or VW Golf...

..the person has no reason to be broke.
\
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Denn(m): 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
So many opinions and assumptions on this thread.

New parts are fake?? Seriously?

My greatest concern with vehicle use on our planet corner is the desire by many people to acquire expensive vehicles yet use cheap knowledge to maintain them.

Using Mobil XHP (a 20w50 oil) on high performance engines or Abro ATF on a CVT are common examples I have found.

I have colleagues, friends, associates etc with used vehicles in the N2m to N3m range who think a synthetic oil with correct weight is too expensive.

Some just give N5,000 to the mechanic who has been doing oil changes.... This includes money for filters and the oil and the labour. The mechanic is no fool.... He is in it to make profit.

Recommended Oil weights are written on the oil covers but are usually ignored.

Recommended oils are available via konga and jumia yet we still prefer to buy only lingerie.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by earthrealm(m): 10:31am On Dec 26, 2014
engllishmart:
my power steering oil is always shorting so my mechanic said I can also use engine oil to substitute. That's what I'm using now

hahahahah.........you have just put a nail in the coffin of or power steering........coun ting down to the burial ceremony
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by earthrealm(m): 10:38am On Dec 26, 2014
@ denn spot on........many folks are guilty of that

another act perpertrated by wheel allignment mechanics...is to pour used/condemned engine oil into ur axle/differential instead of the recommended weight of gear oil.

the toks tire thing is simply mind boggling.........most people bought cars 1.5m and above...yet to bring out 20 to 40k for tire is too big, they rather buy toks tire 2 to 5k and change it every 2 to 4wks.........also endangering themselves/passengers/other users if the tire burst in motion on the highway........transporters are also guilty of this,
Re: Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
oweniwe:

says who? I do with it auto jor. cheesy

If am low on fuel, i rev up my sienna, take foot off the accelerator and shift the gear to Neutral...... When the car slows down, i shift it back to D, rev up, back to Neutral again.

Don't try this on a busy road o....

grin
Hey i got help for u, better stop that its not good i think u should watch 5 THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO IN AN AUTOMATIC. youtube. Thats one of them stop shifting to neutral wen car is ON and running

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. / The New Ferrari Portofino Has Been Unveiled With 590hp (photos) / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.