Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? (1044 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Why Do People Say Jesus Died For Our Sins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dapo: What does it mean? I am confused. embarassed (words in this parenthesis "{ }" are my thoughts.)

Apologist: Simply put, without Jesus’ death on the cross for our sins, no one would have eternal life. Jesus Himself said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). In this statement, Jesus declares the reason for His birth, death, and resurrection—to provide the way to heaven for sinful mankind, who could never get there on their own.{So that means without Jesus mankind had no way of going to heaven on their own,so Where is them Abraham,Elijah,Elisha,job, are They in hell?}
God declared that all who sin will die, both physically and spiritually. This is the fate of all mankind. But God, in His grace and mercy, provided a way out of this dilemma, {Wow so God created this dilemma and decided to provide a way out of the dilemma he created himself Through his declaration, Wow} the shed blood of His perfect Son on the cross. God declared that “without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22), but through the shedding of blood, redemption is provided. The Law of Moses provided a way for the people to be considered “sinless” or “right” in God’s eyes {So What is the need of providing another way through Jesus Christ? Anyway ,the more,the merrier, grin} —the offering of animals sacrificed for every sin they committed. These sacrifices were only temporary, though, and were really a foreshadowing of the perfect, once-for-all sacrifice of Christ on the cross (Hebrews 10:10).{ohkayyyy So God realised this former way provided by Moses instructed by God wasn't perfect,Jesus death was a perfect sacrifice for our sins,Wow I can see how Better the world is after jesus' death,It's Really a perfect solution,Maybe God was trying to keep rams and sheep from getting extinct. }

Dapo: So that means I am free to sin and do anything I want,So far the shedding of Christ's blood has solved it all?

Apologetic: This is why Jesus came and why He died, to become the ultimate and final sacrifice, the perfect (without blemish) sacrifice for our sins (Colossians 1:22; 1 Peter 1:19). Through Him, the promise of life eternal with God becomes effective through faith to those who believe in Jesus. “So that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe” (Galatians 3:22). These two words, faith and believing, are critical to our salvation. It is through our believing in the shed blood of Christ for our sins that we receive eternal life. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast”

Dapo: Wow So in essence Jesus came to make sin have no consequences, as long as i just have faith and believe he died on the cross,Cool,God Really cares about my enjoyment in sin oooo, SIN TIME!!!
Re: What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by MrPresident1: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dapo777, don't be deceived by the religion christianity.

Lemme tell you what happened, the truth is well hidden and couched in lawless grace.

The relationship between God and Israel was a relationship of marriage, God was married to Israel. God was Adam, Eve was Israel, the woman.

Israel started committing adultery, idolatry, she started sinning. She went after other gods and forsook her husband.

According to the Law, if a woman forsakes her husband, and goes to meet and live with another man she cannot go back to her former husband.
(Jeremiah 3:1).

Herein is now the sacrifice of great love, for Israel to return to her husband, she would either have to die, or her previous husband would have to die. Her husband choose to die for her.

Israel presently is living in slavery and widowhood, her true husband is in heaven and she is enslaved to a fake husband, who tortures her relentlessly.

The return of Christ is the reconciliation of the husband to the wife.

The Man who's dear wife has been treated so shamefully and with utter disdain will return with great wrath to deal with the ones who messed with the dearly beloved of His soul.
Re: What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
MrPresident1:

Lemme tell you what happened, the truth is well hidden and couched in lawless grace.

The relationship between God and Israel was a relationship of marriage, God was married to Israel. God was Adam, Eve was Israel, the woman.

Israel started committing adultery, idolatry, she started sinning. She went after other gods and forsook her husband.

According to the Law, if a woman forsakes her husband, and goes to meet and live with another man she cannot go back to her former husband.

Herein is now the sacrifice of great love, for Israel to return to her husband, she would either have to die, or her previous husband would have to die. Her husband choose to die for her.

Israel presently is living in slavery and widowhood, her true husband is in heaven and she is enslaved to a fake husband, who tortures her relentlessly.

The Man who's dear wife has been treated so shamefully and with utter disdain will return with great wrath to deal with the ones who messed with the dearly beloved of His soul.

And has that answered my question?
Re: What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by adonbilivit: 12:37am On Oct 27, 2014
Dapo777:
Dapo: What does it mean? I am confused. embarassed (words in this parenthesis "{ }" are my thoughts.)

Apologist: Simply put, without Jesus’ death on the cross for our sins, no one would have eternal life. Jesus Himself said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). In this statement, Jesus declares the reason for His birth, death, and resurrection—to provide the way to heaven for sinful mankind, who could never get there on their own.{So that means without Jesus mankind had no way of going to heaven on their own,so Where is them Abraham,Elijah,Elisha,job, are They in hell?}
God declared that all who sin will die, both physically and spiritually. This is the fate of all mankind. But God, in His grace and mercy, provided a way out of this dilemma, {Wow so God created this dilemma and decided to provide a way out of the dilemma he created himself Through his declaration, Wow} the shed blood of His perfect Son on the cross. God declared that “without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22), but through the shedding of blood, redemption is provided. The Law of Moses provided a way for the people to be considered “sinless” or “right” in God’s eyes {So What is the need of providing another way through Jesus Christ? Anyway ,the more,the merrier, grin} —the offering of animals sacrificed for every sin they committed. These sacrifices were only temporary, though, and were really a foreshadowing of the perfect, once-for-all sacrifice of Christ on the cross (Hebrews 10:10).{ohkayyyy So God realised this former way provided by Moses instructed by God wasn't perfect,Jesus death was a perfect sacrifice for our sins,Wow I can see how Better the world is after jesus' death,It's Really a perfect solution,Maybe God was trying to keep rams and sheep from getting extinct. }

Dapo: So that means I am free to sin and do anything I want,So far the shedding of Christ's blood has solved it all?

Apologetic: This is why Jesus came and why He died, to become the ultimate and final sacrifice, the perfect (without blemish) sacrifice for our sins (Colossians 1:22; 1 Peter 1:19). Through Him, the promise of life eternal with God becomes effective through faith to those who believe in Jesus. “So that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe” (Galatians 3:22). These two words, faith and believing, are critical to our salvation. It is through our believing in the shed blood of Christ for our sins that we receive eternal life. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast”

Dapo: Wow So in essence Jesus came to make sin have no consequences, as long as i just have faith and believe he died on the cross,Cool,God Really cares about my enjoyment in sin oooo, SIN TIME!!!
i apologize
i have apologized to her too
Re: What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 27, 2014
adonbilivit:
i apologize
i have apologized to her too

Better
Re: What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by adonbilivit: 12:55am On Oct 27, 2014
Dapo777:

Better
now i can sleep. i was really touched. never thought it could be that serious. thanks
Re: What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2014
It's all nonsense - the bible and its ''God'', ''Christ'', and other crapsticks. op... look for something more fruitful to engage yourself instead of peddling ridiculous myths. The 'sacrifice' by 'Christ' is just a clumsy rehash of ancient god-man rituals in which the godman is sacrificed and his flesh eaten by his adherents etc etc... All this started long before christianity came along and borrowed the stories/concepts. None of it is real, including ''Jesus'' for whom there is no proof of actual existence. I started a thread here the other day about who wrote the new testament, and no one had a clue. Why? Because the writer was anonymous. So you don't even know who or what you're worshiping. https://www.nairaland.com/1921937/wrote-new-testament
Re: What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Dewze(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2014
MrPresident1:

so in other words, Israel(Eve) led God(Adam) to sin by making God partake in her sin and then God(Adam) realized He was naked and hid Himself from God. So God cursed the ground for God's sake and made God to labour for food.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? by Dewze(m): 11:05am On Oct 27, 2014
ROSSIKE:
...I started a thread here the other day about who wrote the new testament, and no one had a clue. Why? Because the writer was anonymous. So you don't even know who or what you're worshiping...
do christians worship the writers?

(1) (Reply)

November Devotional From Gospel Pillars Ministry / Reasons Why People Don't Name Their Chilld 'Jesus' / Deadly Bomb Blast Hits Pakistan Church In Lahore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.