Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay (3140 Views)

Automotive Technology Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Internship With Pay / Where Can Food Science And Technology Graduate Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay by ipain: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hello,

I am a graduate of Petroleum Engineering Technology (HND), Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun. I completed my NYSC this year and as it stand I will be pleased if anyone can help with likely companies where one can garner on the job experience--an internship for at least 6 months to 1 year. This should likely be an oil servicing company, small or big, indigenous.

I understand basic drilling procedures, crude oil production operations, drilling mud preparation as knowledge acquired in school. This will enable me to catch on quickly on whatever task I handle.

During my NYSC, I was appreciated by the principal of my PPA on more than two occasions due to my diligence and active selfless roles that I played in my duties as a good team player in attaining collective corporate goals.

What I am seeking is notable companies that would not mind to take in graduate interns, even if it means I am not paid. I am not seeking big names here (that would be a plus though) but a place where class room knowledge can be transformed into technical solutions. The reason for this is that it will broaden my experience and boost my CV for subsequent job applications in the future and if the company wish to retain my thereafter, I will gladly accept. Also, my OND IT was done at a construction company, which apparently has little to no correlation in my career path. However, that's because I studied Mineral Resources Engineering at OND level.

A careful look at the last Baker Hughes in-takes reveal that virtually all of them had one affiliation or the other in oil coy where they had done their IT.

I could have gone on to start contacting various companies but experience has shown that not many companies take graduate interns and that's why I am seeking your knowledge to know which company do accept such applicant(s). I am willing to undergo test and interviews.

If you have any information that may be of help for this cause, kindly help.

Email: collegiatepro [at] gmail dot com

Thank you and God bless you for your time and attention to this thread.
Re: Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
The NNPC/MPN Joint Venture invites applications from suitably qualified persons into our Apprenticeship Program beginning March 2015. The Program is designed for young Nigerians with an interest in pursuing an Operations and Maintenance Technician career in the oil and gas or related industry.

Apprenticeship Program 2014 / 2015

Eligibility:
Only applicants with Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in one of the following disciplines are eligible to apply:
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Electrical Engineering Technology
Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology
Petroleum Engineering Technology
Chemical Engineering Technology
Applicants with higher qualifications should not apply.
Applicants must have graduated from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) program between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2014, and possess a minimum of Lower Credit.

Application Closing Date
29th October, 2014.

Method of Application
If you consider yourself an exceptional fit for this program, please:
Click here to apply online

Only applications submitted online will be processed.

How To Navigate the Website
To view a PDF copy of the advertised vacancy
Log onto http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria
Click on advertised job positions
To complete the application process:
Log onto http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply/
Click on 'Search openings'
Enter 21872BR in the keyword search box
Click 'Search'
Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in their being disqualified.

An email notification will be sent to short listed applicants inviting them for aptitude tests.

In addition, the list of short listed applicants will be published in regional and national newspapers.

Please note that any application placed outside the Mobil Producing Nigeria Job and Careers website- http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.

Fraud Alert Notice:
ExxonMobil Upstream Affiliates in Nigeria (Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited) do not use placement agencies that charge applicants advance fee of any kind (e.g. application fees, placement fees, test fees etc)....

For more Info: http://www./hotjobs/41187/nnpc-mpn-apprenticeship-program-2014-2015.html

Goodluck smiley

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay by ipain: 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
Marvellous God, Thanks so much. My problem with what you posted is that I finished my OND in 2007 and had serious difficulty to continue as there were delays due to death of my only surviving parent at that time.

Do you feel applying will not affect me based on time of graduating?
Re: Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay by ipain: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
@marvellousGod kindly give insights. Thanks.
Re: Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 21, 2014
I don't have any more insight dear, just saw that online and decided to post it.

I think we can still try it out anyway. . Goodluck smiley
Re: Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay by adelawry(m): 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
Engineering Internship at Baker Hughes
Port Harcourt
Toni – Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Job Description
2015 Opportunities – Engineering Internship –
Nigeria (Job Number: 1423838)
Employment Status
Intern
About this job
Baker Hughes offers exciting internship
opportunities for university candidates currently
studying for a qualification in Engineering or
Sciences.
If you are pursuing a Bachelor s or Master s
degree and looking for valuable work experience
with a world-leading company, consider a
challenging internship at Baker Hughes.
Interns work under direct supervision of an
experienced Baker Hughes staff to assist in the
day-to-day operations and tasks in accordance
with our Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)
operational practices and procedures.
While the type of work will vary from location
and product line, the internship provides a great
opportunity to complement your academic
preparation with direct, hands-on experience in
one of our facilities. In addition, it provides
fundamental understanding of our company and
builds the necessary knowledge, business sense
and teamwork ability to prepare yourself for your
future career.
Depending on the actual internship placement,
you may learn how to develop, design,
manufacture and assemble our products. We are
always looking for bright graduates with fresh
ideas who will help us to find novel ways to solve
our customers complex technical problems.
If you are successful in your application,
regardless of the business area you are allocated,
you will be expected to share Baker Hughes
commitment to our Core Values:
Integrity, Performance, Teamwork and Learning.
This means you will need to demonstrate the
following attitudes and behaviors:
You are eager to develop yourself within the
workplace,
You can successfully work in a team and can
build collaborative relationships,
You successfully apply your learning from your
academic study.
There is the real opportunity for successful
interns to be employed by Baker Hughes before
graduating. Baker Hughes offers a wide range of
structured graduate training programs allowing
our engineers to rapidly gain knowledge and
experience in their area of expertise. This,
combined with increased exposure in our
organization, help develop our engineers in order
to develop new tools or processes that will enable
the company and industry to grow in future.
Essential qualifications/requirements
For our internship opportunities we are seeking
penultimate year students who:
are currently enrolled in a minimum 4-year
Bachelor s or Master s at the time of their
internship, in a relevant technical discipline
have a minimum 3.0 GPA (or equivalent, e.g. 2nd
upper/ WAM 60 and above)
have English language proficiency (this may be
assessed as part of the selection process)
are involved in extracurricular activities in
university
If you relish working in a team environment,
have the ability to overcome obstacles and solve
problems, exhibit a high level of initiative and are
able to communicate effectively with all levels
within the team, we’d like to hear from you.
Please note, only students enrolled on a
university degree at the time of the internship
placement will be considered. If you have
completed your studies please review our
www.bakerhughes.com/graduate for
employment opportunities.
Closing date
This position will be open for applications until
31st January 2015 after which final decisions will
be made on successful candidates, however you
should apply as soon as possible to ensure you
do not miss your chance to be selected for one of
our internships
The dates for internships are expected to be
between the following dates: 1st June till 25th July,
Job Categories: Oil & Gas Jobs in Nigeria. Job
Types: Internship. Job expires in Endless.
Re: Petroleum Engineering Technology Graduate Seeking Internship With No Pay by nana06: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2015
Hello Nairalanders..
Please I also need help concerning with working without pay. Am a graduate of Petroleum Engineering and a 4 pointer. I just concluded my NYSC (feb.2015) and since den, i've been surfing the internet to see if there's any petroleum/gas company that is willing to take interns without pay, please I really need ur help and advice. It's not fun staying @ hme or nt going after what u rili love. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Famaks International Schools Abuja / Get Paid ₦1000 For Answering Simple Questions / Is There Acute Job Scarcity Or Are We Not Employable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.