Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

I Was Never Sacked By Nff-keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was Never Sacked By Nff-keshi (478 Views)

Keshi Sacked By NFF / NFF, Keshi And Mikel Obi / Enyeama's Future To Be Decided By NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Never Sacked By Nff-keshi by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Coach Stephen Keshi has dismissed claims that he was fired by the Nigeria Football Federation. The ‘Big boss’ was shown the exit door despite leading Nigeria to a 3-1 win against Sudan on Wednesday.

According to him, he was never sacked by the Nigeria football governing body because he had no contract with them.

"I am not happy with the way media people are reporting this to the public, because I don't understand how you would fire someone that has no contract,” Keshi told supersport.com.

"My contract expired after the World Cup in Brazil, and I never made any effort for my contract to be renewed because of so many issues on the ground.

"I have accepted my fate, and I would move on with my life, but I want to make it clear that I was never sacked because I had no contract.”

The former Mali and Togo handler also rubbished reports that he said three African countries had showed interest in him to take charge of their national team.

"I have never told anybody that three African countries are looking for me, and as far as I'm concerned, no nation has called me for any talk.

"I know Nigeria would qualify for the 2015 Nations Cup because we have the players that can do the job, but they need a lot of encouragement and support from Nigerians and I wish them good luck in their next two games,” he concluded.

Keshi led the Super Eagles to win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa and also to a round of 16 finish at the 2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil.

Re: I Was Never Sacked By Nff-keshi by colossus2: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
Shey we should now boil gala undecided

Sack oh, dismiss oh, relieve oh, all na the same thing.
It means you are not in charge again man.

Please give suffer eagles Moyes grin
Re: I Was Never Sacked By Nff-keshi by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
colossus2:
Shey we should now boil gala undecided

Sack oh, dismiss oh, relieve oh, all na the same thing.
It means you are not in charge again man.
God bless you man

Please give suffer eagles Moyes grin

(1) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi To Return For Nigeria Afcon Qualifiers / Redknapp Salutes Chelsea 'best Team In The Country' / Manchester United Signs Deal With Nigerian Juice Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.