Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre (18742 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by burberry89(m): 7:40am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

You made the mistake twice!! so please spare me the crap. I owe no allegiance to PDP nor any other political party for that matter.

PROSPERITY AND POSTERITY ? That was not a typographical error.

Possible typos could have been i. PODTERITY
ii. POTSERITY
iii. POSTERTY

U sabi english reach this stage. I swear u must be a professor of english language in one of nigeria universities or even international universities like oxford, cambridge.......... Oniranu oshi

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by joeekuns(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2014
morbid:
Smh4some nigerians and the way they celebrate thieving politicians. As if when we hear that money is giving out,we ∂oη't knw how that would always not be used for what it is meant for. Nigerains celebrating mediocrity since time immemorial.
So are you invariably saying you prefer the FG's public display of inept and distrustful character Cos am yet to come to terms with the fact that they purportedly approved 1.9billion for the fight of EVD yet only 400million was released, they get involved in disgraceful acts and openly exposed in their ploy to swindle us of our money in the guise of purchasing weapons to fight insurgents. My broda nobody is a saint but BRF and many other party reps outside PDP are lesser evil.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by FOLLOWJESUS: 7:54am On Oct 21, 2014
GOD bless lagos state government for this gesture, those who lost their lives and those who survived should be taken into consideration paticulerly Dr Adadevor,I as well believe that federal government will also do something, This hospital and their staffs has done nigeria proud.The containment of ebola is as a result of their sacrifice and proffesionalism.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by jaymichael(m): 8:03am On Oct 21, 2014
DTaj:

Thanks, Jay. The 'misty eyes' part is so apt. Without a shred of doubt, Fashola is easily Nigeria's best State Governor!

Anyone (I mean any objective person not tainted with hatred, ethnic bigotry, and political affiliations) who lived in Lagos between 1980 and now would have seen a remarkable difference when you have an intellectual, methodical, brilliant, and purposeful person as Governor!

The other day, his official car waited in traffic in Yaba like any other Lagosian, no harrasment of other road users, no siren, no noise, no fuss. And guess what? The entire back seat of his car was filled with books! To the brim! A mind that reads would always be nourished. No wonder, most times I've seen him deliver speeches in public (at least about 22 times since 2007), more than half of his speeches are always done extempore with figures, facts, and illustrations (without looking at any paper or written text). He has an idea about almost everything- health, politics, law (his forte), sociology, religion, classics, languages, psychology, administration, human rights, physical planning, building, infrastructure, oil and gas. Name it!

While most other Governors are busy commissioning boreholes and other token projects that a local government councilor could comfortably execute, Governors like Fashola, Akpabio, Kwankwanso, Amosun, are launching landmark projects that will impact their people and positively outlive them!

In a sane country, where primordial sentiments are not deeply rooted, a FASHOLA/AKPABIO Presidential ticket in 2015 would have been so ideal!

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!
You ve said it all. Men like these make me believe in the "Nigerian dream". Also no forgetting Donald Duke. Big Kudos also to the commissioners and technocrats that are contributing greatly to this "project Lagos" most especially Dr Jide Idris. you all have written your name in gold in the annals of history. Baba Tinubu (idobale ni mowa) thank you for "imposing" Fashola on us. I just hope that by 2019 and beyond, we will be believing strongly in the "Spirit of Nigeria" just as we believe in the "Spirit of Lagos"
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2014
good move. hoping that the money would get into the hands of the victims
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by MadCow1: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2014
Nigerians are sooooooooooo fhucking poor and needy that all it takes to be a good politician is to share money. grin

When last did any of you hear of the American government or british government sharing their money with impuinity like we do in Nigeria?!

NYSC - Many corp members used for elections.. Some got killed, their families recieve 20Million Naira and an Auto employment of one family member.. grin The ones that did not die in the elections are walking the streets looking for Jobs. grin

So.. For me to get some of that Lagos AState Government money, I must get Ebola and survive it.. grin

#UnFuckingBelieveable..

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by ugwum007(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

It is posterity not prosperity,there is a significant difference. If you want to criticize the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,at least do so in correct,concise and clear English.

The government at any level does not owe First Consultants a dime, why?

1. It is a private hospital

2. The government nor its employers did not refer Sawyer to the hospital and hence should not bear any form of responsibility for the incidence.

3. First consultant should have been covered by insurance, but I will not be surprised if they do not have one.

LESSON: Insure your private properties,your life and your business.

A better use of this N50 million Naira and more money to be shared, is to strategically plan for the future. In as much as WHO has declared Nigeria Ebola free, we should all bear in mind that we are in close proximity geographically to epicenter of this ebola outbreak.

A better alternative to the use of the N50 million, should be

i. Investing in the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) towards ebola research.
ii. Developing a robust response plan not just for ebola, but for future disease outbreaks and possible biological weapons attack.
iii. Helping the families of victims that were killed by ebola

APC is just playing to the gallery. The political class in Nigeria ( PDP, APC et al ) are all selfish,unintelligent clueless group of people. Their only collective plan ( APC,PDP et al ) is to loot this country dry.

ur stomach is full of black ants. cow....u re typing dis nonsense cos ebola didn't get to u...that private hospital sacrificed its existence to keep u safe, animal from ant kingdom.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by buoye1(m): 8:29am On Oct 21, 2014
Nice move
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by pendy79: 8:40am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

It is posterity not prosperity,there is a significant difference. If you want to criticize the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,at least do so in correct,concise and clear English.

2. The government nor its employers did not refer Sawyer to the hospital and hence should not bear any form of responsibility for the incidence.

3. First consultant should have been covered by insurance, but I will not be surprised if they do not have one.

A better use of this N50 million Naira and more money to be shared, is to strategically plan for the future. In as much as WHO has declared Nigeria Ebola free, we should all bear in mind that we are in close proximity geographically to epicenter of this ebola outbreak.

i. Investing in the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) towards ebola research.
ii. Developing a robust response plan not just for ebola, but for future disease outbreaks and possible biological weapons attack.

APC is just playing to the gallery. The political class in Nigeria ( PDP, APC et al ) are all selfish,unintelligent clueless group of people. Their only collective plan ( APC,PDP et al ) is to loot this country dry.

In your clear and precise sense, are you saying JP Morgan, Morgan Chase, Ford, GM motors, Gordman Sachs, Royal Bank of Scotland, and many other banks and car companies that were given lifelines by their various governments and countries in Europe and Americas were all Publicly Owned companies?
Is Nollywood an agency of government that your emperor JonaTAN gave them N3bn a year ago as an industry largesse on which ground I don't know? But he didn't see the need to honour the hospital with a visit or financial assitance to cover losses.

The saving grace in our fight against Ebola was the strike action by the NMA which prevented Sawyer from been taken to LASUTH which by proximity and being the best equipped state teaching hospital and one of the best hospital in Nigeria would have been where he would have been taken to. Imagine a Sawyer with Ebola in the midst of thousands of patients and people who floods LASUTH on a daily basis and the attendant risk and exposure therein. Yet in your warped sense you're saying no FG official/worker referred him to First Consultant. How do you TANdroids reason at all? If Sawyer was taken to a public hospital, our case would have been like that of sierra Leone or Liberia cos how do you trace all possible contacts in such a scenario?

Do you as a person have a life assurance policy taken out on your behalf? I want to believe the likes of JP Morgan, Ford and GM motors will have huge insurance cover yet they still got their government subventions to sail though the period of the Global meltdown else they would have been bankrupt and gone under

I have addressed your Posterity and Prosperity issue in another thread before I came across this your warped
and illogical arguement.

The difference between the APC and your PDP is seen in the development strides recorded in Lagos, Edo, Kano, Rivers, Ogun, Oyo, Sokoto and Osun states while the backwardness of your PDP is seen in the public cry and tears of people in Abia, Ebonyi, Benue, Kogi, Niger, Kaduna, Plateau, Bayelsa, Taraba and others. Don't compare light with darkness ever.

You're angry about a logical and commonsensitical spending of N50mn I think you should be in a murderous rage to know how your ex minister of health expended the sum of N1.5bn without any assitance to the hospital and it's staff that bear the brunt of the Ebola scourge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by claremont(m): 8:44am On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

So as intelligent as the post was, you just couldn't resist the urge to highlight the typo?! Why couldn't you just proffer your opinion without bringing down that of others?!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by sam13(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2014
Until u go to a local govt owned hospital in your area and see how under equipped they are. LASUTH doesn't have the equipment to diagnose Ebola, initial test was done at LUTH, what stops LASG in investing in LASUTH? We keep praising thieves in this country. Emergency preparedness of LASG is still sub par. Fire trucks still show up with empty tanks to put out fire.

What is your point exactly..E MA GBA MI KE,it happened to my late prof Ademola in LASUTH but here where are talking about right thinking personalty #clueless
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 21, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Where is our Federal Government?

Fashola is just a pure and perfect Presidential material!

How i wish my vote will count! embarassed
gej gave them 200million.dis 50 is jus part of it. educated minds should be asking about the remaining 150 mil. (for a p cshit campaign abi?)
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by MadCow1: 10:16am On Oct 21, 2014
ugwum007:

ur stomach is full of black ants. cow....u re typing dis nonsense cos ebola didn't get to u...that private hospital sacrificed its existence to keep u safe, animal from ant kingdom.

Absoslute and unrefined bullshit...

The guy you quoted made a shitload of sense.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by experimentist: 10:18am On Oct 21, 2014
jaymichael:
GOD bless you Mr Raji Fashola. just thinking that by this time next year, you will no longer be my Governor is already giving me misty eyes. However history remembers you, I know it will judge you favorably. Thank you for being an inspiration sir. Thank you for giving us not just a city we are all proud of, but also excellent leadership and exemplary stewardship worthy of emulation. Most importantly, thank you for giving us and making us believe in #the spirit of Lagos. I Will take it with me wherever I go. From Ajegunle to Argentina. from Festac to France. From Liverpool Apapa to Liverpool Enland. From Surulere to Switzerland. From Oregun to Oregon. From Alaba to Alabama.
Guy, you forgot to add... From Obalende to Oklahoma and Ohio grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by seyola(m): 10:20am On Oct 21, 2014
This slowpoke[color=#990000][/color] should be from Otuoke
GeneralShepherd:

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by MadCow1: 10:23am On Oct 21, 2014
pendy79:

In your clear and precise sense, are you saying JP Morgan, Morgan Chase, Ford, GM motors, Gordman Sachs, Royal Bank of Scotland, and many other banks and car companies that were given lifelines by their various governments and countries in Europe and Americas were all Publicly Owned companies?
Is Nollywood an agency of government that your emperor JonaTAN gave them N3bn a year ago as an industry largesse on which ground I don't know? But he didn't see the need to honour the hospital with a visit or financial assitance to cover losses.

The saving grace in our fight against Ebola was the strike action by the NMA which prevented Sawyer from been taken to LASUTH which by proximity and being the best equipped state teaching hospital and one of the best hospital in Nigeria would have been where he would have been taken to. Imagine a Sawyer with Ebola in the midst of thousands of patients and people who floods LASUTH on a daily basis and the attendant risk and exposure therein. Yet in your warped sense you're saying no FG official/worker referred him to First Consultant. How do you TANdroids reason at all? If Sawyer was taken to a public hospital, our case would have been like that of sierra Leone or Liberia cos how do you trace all possible contacts in such a scenario?

Do you as a person have a life assurance policy taken out on your behalf? I want to believe the likes of JP Morgan, Ford and GM motors will have huge insurance cover yet they still got their government subventions to sail though the period of the Global meltdown else they would have been bankrupt and gone under

I have addressed your Posterity and Prosperity issue in another thread before I came across this your warped
and illogical arguement.

The difference between the APC and your PDP is seen in the development strides recorded in Lagos, Edo, Kano, Rivers, Ogun, Oyo, Sokoto and Osun states while the backwardness of your PDP is seen in the public cry and tears of people in Abia, Ebonyi, Benue, Kogi, Niger, Kaduna, Plateau, Bayelsa, Taraba and others. Don't compare light with darkness ever.

You're angry about a logical and commonsensitical spending of N50mn I think you should be in a murderous rage to know how your ex minister of health expended the sum of N1.5bn without any assitance to the hospital and it's staff that bear the brunt of the Ebola scourge.

Good Evening Sister Pendy..

I greet you in the name of Jehovah..

Please can you explain to me the key difference between the government bailout of A.G, JP Morgan, etc and Fasholas grant to First consultant..

But start by explaining why Governments give grants/bailout monies to distressed organisations..

I ask because wetin you talk wey I quote confuse me..

Thanks and Godbless..

Amem!

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 21, 2014
excellence44:

gej gave them 200million.dis 50 is jus part of it. educated minds should be asking about the remaining 150 mil. (for a p cshit campaign abi?)

Cant i have my freedom of opinion?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by dmy(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2014
pendy79:
When a government with human face runs a society, the people rejoices. First Consultant has been a shadow of itself since the Patrick Sawyer unfortunate incident. Loss of patronage will lead to loss of revenue which will lead to laying off of staff and workers by the hospital despite the huge role it played in stemming the spread of Ebola. God bless and rest the soul of Dr. Adadevoh for the supreme sacrifice she paid.

Now we have a clueless and irresponsible president who said since he approved 1.9billion Naira to fight Ebola then the glory of it's eradication should be addressed to him despite coming to Lagos for a stupid and illegal rally, he didn't deem it fit to visit this hospital to emphasize and sympathize with the owner and other survivor of the plague.

If 1.9billion was approved for the fight against Ebola and both Lagos and Rivers States acknowledged receiving 200million each. To what use was the balance of 1.5billion Naira put to, that the Minister of health could not assist this hospital out of the balance for its lost of patronage and business that a fashola has to deep into the limited state resources to come to the aid of the hospital.

Prosperity and history will never FORGET fashola and same prosperity and history will never forget a Jonathan that ruled this country in the most inept, daft and soulless manner.
How did we get to this point in our Nationhood? Obj I hope you will continue to seek forgiveness and the favour of God over the clueless and dunce you imposed on this Nation despite the huge array of good governors in 2007. Donald Duke was a shinning light yet you foist this corrupt rogue on this Nation.

Come 2015 we are taking our Nation back to the path of greatness and end the 15 years of the locust of the PDP

God Bless you Gov. Fashola, may history be fair on you.
God bless you for this.You speak my mind.The Doctors and workers of first consultants should be given honours and recognition for saving this nation from the EVD brought in via Sawyer.If the Federal govt cannot compensate them then its a HUGE SHAME on the FG
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by otunbaloye: 10:40am On Oct 21, 2014
I salute BRF for this though but has he equipped all government own hospitals in the state? Beside, is the money fully going into the hospital account or top government officials will take large amount of it? I urge pple to always criticize wisely and shun unnecessary praising of our politician.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by brightleave(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Where is our Federal Government?

Fashola is just a pure and perfect Presidential material!

How i wish my vote will count! embarassed
Eyaaaaa!!!!!!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by alezzandra: 11:37am On Oct 21, 2014
@jaymicheal....you are hilarious, you got me cracking.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Sagamite(m): 11:56am On Oct 21, 2014
Fashola: A man with a brain, vision, values and leadership qualities.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Pamcrest(f): 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
Good gesture my guy! This is why I love BRF....ever so proactive, considerate n focused.
How I wish he would run for President n win. We certainly don't need an expired old cargo with his inordinate ambition for return to power or d incumbent sit-tight ineffective inefficient desperado seeking an undeserved 2nd term.
Nigeria needs versatile, vibrant, proven achievers like BRF.
My humble submission
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
If we truly desire a prosperous Nigeria at this point of our nationhood,we need somebody like Fashola to govern it. One thing I am confident of is that Fashola will play a prominent role in the new government that will be formed next year. I sincerely think combination of GMB and Fashola can take Nigeria to a greater height.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by sage2(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
The question I asked is, was the state government supposed to be there doing nothing? Lagos state did a good thing. But you don't expect the FEDs to do such things as a must. All the Ebola labs test where done and confirmed in a hospital funded by the Feds. If we expect the feds to be doing everything and the state nothing, then let's dissolve the states.

The other day, this same Fashola came to the public the say that he borrowed NGN160 billions for street lights, generators and diesel and yet people are here prententing that that was a good enough reason for such a huge indeptedness.

I have come to realised that the youths have been so beaten that the only fight corruption as practiced by politicians they don't like.

I am sometimes left confused that a young man/woman who will be calling the FG all sorts of names in the name of fighting corruption will be the same person fronting the likes of Tinubu, Atiku and Amaechi, who spent a whooping NGN1.4 billion on ebola as the their leaders.

So if most GEJ bashers are either Tinubu, Fashola, Atiku, Kwankwoso or Amaechi followers, then I doubt if the whole noise is all about what is being put forward. People should come out clean and tell what the really and truly stand for. Enough of this hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by jpphilips(m): 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Does the President and his wife sound coherent to you, in English language? just curious
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Obiowada(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
Thank God for the success so far so far recorded. Nigeria is a giant elephant in the forest. I applaud our government for show utmost concern, the media for their widely circulated news reportage, Hospitals for their Emergency care and caution...the general public for their ability to follow and observe prescribed procedures.

We all made it happen.

This is another opportunity to re-instate that pre-cautionary measures are still very important to ensure there is no reoccurance of this epidermic.

I appeal to the general publics, organizations and govt parastatals to continue using Sanitary equipments that was recommended.

Soap/Sanitizers and their automatic dispensers, infrared non contact body thermometer. They are relatively affordable.

However, Our company offers these products at best prices...with home delivery around Lagos.

Wall-mountedAutomatic Soap/Sanitizer Dispenser (600ml) - 4000, (700ml) - 4500.

Infrared non-contact body thermometer - 4500.

Attached herewith are the photos of the products in review.

Regards
From; Owada Resources Limited Lagos
Phone: 08068103022
Email: owadaltd@gmail.com

Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
excellence44:

At times the actions of FG gives credence to the notion of a clueless leadership at the center not knowing how to score political points. Fashola has just made a powerful statement by donating that 50m, whether out of the 200m or not.

Misplaced priority and concept.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
adconline:
Until u go to a local govt owned hospital in your area and see how under equipped they are. LASUTH doesn't have the equipment to diagnose Ebola, initial test was done at LUTH, what stops LASG in investing in LASUTH? We keep praising thieves in this country. Emergency preparedness of LASG is still sub par. Fire trucks still show up with empty tanks to put out fire..
who be dis one? Woman beans or gaddamn sh*t... U beta start applauding before ur gentle saviour pass u by... I bind every bowler hat spirit in ur life ooooo...chai.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre by adesbreath: 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
I am so elated to hear this news first consultant was my hospital till ebola came... up till now am scared of going there I am happy for Dr Herare his such a cool intelligent doctor... what has been done is just normal but because a lot of abnormal things happen here in Nigeria... I will say thank u to all the good minds that came up with this....smiles..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyo Discharges One Coronavirus Patient, Transfers Another To Lagos / Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog / When Was The Last Time You Changed Your Toothbrush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.