Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? (1470 Views)

If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? / A Comprehensive "guarantor's Form" To An Employee / How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by Exoticstan(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2014
Good morning dear Nairalanders!
I asked a very important question sometime ago which is now nowhere to be found here for certain reasons.

I know of certain employees of the many multinational companies (like Shell, Total etc) take home up to #17 million annually or even more. What I ask is this: Can an employee in Nigeria become a legitimate billionaire?

www.wisenigerian.com
Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by theiks: 8:38am On Oct 21, 2014
No way
Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by suregurl(f): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2014
Impossible....sometimes when i watch nollywood movies seeing private/public worker owing a big mansion(280m worth), range rover and more 'and him papa no be dangote', i wil jst be like this ppl self...

2 Likes

Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by jmoore(m): 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
Yes, if you are employed as the CEO of a company that makes at least $10 trillion as profits annually.
20-30 years in that position and you are a $billionaire, $45-$50 million as your salary per year..

2 Likes

Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by Exoticstan(m): 6:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
jmoore:
Yes, if you are employed as the CEO of a company that makes at least $10 trillion as profits annually.
20-30 years in that position and you are a $billionaire, $45-$50 million as your salary per year..
Bill Gates the world's richest man has a networth of $78 billion dollars and it has taken him a life-time to amass it. He hasn't even reached $100b let alon a trillion. If he doesnt't earn that much, why do you think an employee would earn that.

NB: No company on earth makes even half of $1 trillion dollars a year.

1 Like

Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by Exoticstan(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2014
suregurl:
Impossible....sometimes when i watch nollywood movies seeing private/public worker owing a big mansion(280m worth), range rover and more 'and him papa no be dangote', i wil jst be like this ppl self...
i love your opinion. Seems nollywood is far from reality.
Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by jmoore(m): 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
Exoticstan:
Bill Gates the world's richest man has a networth of $78 billion dollars and it has taken him a life-time to amass it. He hasn't even reached $100b let alon a trillion. If he doesnt't earn that much, why do you think an employee would earn that.

NB: No company on earth makes even half of $1 trillion dollars a year.

My previous comment explained the impossibility.

1 Like

Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by Lagusta(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
An employee can be a millionaire e.g consultants, oil workers, board members, bank CEOs, etc...

But a billionaire.... Hmmm, reaaal story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by theiks: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
jmoore:
Bros is there any person that will employ another man to be d CEO of his company.... Do u know wat CEO means sir..as an employee u don't own the company... U work under d CEO
Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by NaLaugh: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
theiks:

Bros is there any person that will employ another man to be d CEO of his company.... Do u know wat CEO means sir..as an employee u don't own the company... U work under d CEO

Many CEOs do not own the company they work at.

CEO is the Chief Executive Officer. That is a position, and not an indication of ownership.

2 Likes

Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by jmoore(m): 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
theiks:

A chief executive officer (CEO) is generally the most senior corporate officer (executive) or administrator in charge of managing a for-profit or non-profit organization

Josh Bayliss CEO Virgin Group, employed by Sir Richard Branson the founder.

Meg Whitman, CEO of Hewlett-Packard. She worked for Ebay as CEO.

Not all CEOs are owners.

1 Like

Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by Exoticstan(m): 7:55am On Nov 17, 2014
jmoore:

A chief executive officer (CEO) is generally the most senior corporate officer (executive) or administrator in charge of managing a for-profit or non-profit organization

Josh Bayliss CEO Virgin Group, employed by Sir Richard Branson the founder.

Meg Whitman, CEO of Hewlett-Packard. She worked for Ebay as CEO.

Not all CEOs are owners.
The employees you cited never became billionaires as employees. They had to invest on profitable ventures far different from their casual jobs. I may be wrong, by the way.
Re: Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? by jmoore(m): 8:16am On Nov 17, 2014
Exoticstan:

The employees you cited never became billionaires as employees. They had to invest on profitable ventures far different from their casual jobs. Correct me with points if you think I'm wrong.

Which employees? Try and read the quote in my previous comment before you rush into conclusion.

(1) (Reply)

Alternative To Do International Money Transfer / I Need Genuine FMCG Distributors In Lagos / All New Fiverr Sellers - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.