Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? (9345 Views)

10 Steps To How To Grow Your Fortune Producing Pop Corn / Dangote Lost Half Of His Fortune In The Last 6 Months? / How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Kagawa: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
According to msnbc, Warren Bufett, Mark Zuckerberg and 40 other Billionaires are giving away half of their fortunes to charity.

As a Nigerian Billionaire, would you do the same?

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by smithsammy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
i would not wait to be a billionaire before engaging in phillantropy activities. even with millions, am good to go.

10 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by naijacutee(f): 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
If I had a billion, I would start businesses to put people in employment so that they can help themselves and eliminate the need for charities, and give the rest to disabled charities. I don't think my life wouldn't be very different from what it is now, as I have no real desire to show anyone that I have arrived. Me and my family will probably live on 1 - 2% of the billions... But that's just me.

12 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
No

6 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Kagawa: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
Well,you say you have no real desire to show you have arrived because YOU HAVENT ARRIVED...MAYBE...when money comes....and u arrive....na pple like no go let pesin hia word.

naijacutee: If I had a billion, I would start businesses to put people in employment so that they can help themselves and eliminate the need for charities, and give the rest to disabled charities. I don't think my life wouldn't be very different from what it is now, as I have no real desire to show anyone that I have arrived. Me and my family will probably live on 1 - 2% of the billions... But that's just me.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Kagawa: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
na wa o, dis guy u stingy shaoooo.....

ULSHERLAN: No

3 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Psalhadeen: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Shld eternity stares me in d face.That's d gory of hell! Or d splendor of heaven lllll will!

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by BabaAlabi: 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Yes I can! A million dollars is a lot of money talk less of a billion so why should I not sacrifice half to help others? But I am not just going to give the cash to any charity it would go towards a cure for HIV and/or Cancer.

4 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
Why not, I'd even would setup a non-profit venture capitalist company.

I have thought to myself that I'd like to grant nothing less than 500 children's wishes before I die (those within the power of material needs tho).

3 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by WizPrince1(m): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
YES, To help those in Need because the Bible Says 'Let Love Lead'
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Ghadafy(m): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Bizibi(m): 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
All charity organizations are hustlers I better invest my money in the economy fr people to benefit

6 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by LesbianBoy(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
smithsammy: i would not wait to be a billionaire before engaging in phillantropy activities. even with millions, am good to go.

naijacutee: If I had a billion, I would start businesses to put people in employment so that they can help themselves and eliminate the need for charities, and give the rest to disabled charities. I don't think my life wouldn't be very different from what it is now, as I have no real desire to show anyone that I have arrived. Me and my family will probably live on 1 - 2% of the billions... But that's just me.

Promhize: Why not, I'd even would setup a non-profit venture capitalist company.

I have thought to myself that I'd like to grant nothing less than 500 children's wishes before I die (those within the power of material needs tho).

Wiz-Prince:
YES, To help those in Need because the Bible Says 'Let Love Lead'
HYPOCRITES!!! angry

12 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Vicjay1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
i have said it before, Charity is my sister's name. Comon donate.

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by greall1: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ah I can't do it. I wil do my best & have a plan for my generation

Kagawa: According to msnbc, Warren Bufett, Mark Zuckerberg and 40 other Billionaires are giving away half of their fortunes to charity.

As a Nigerian Billionaire, would you do the same?
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Damojo: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
No, I will be paying my tithe to Charity.
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Tonniey(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
I will make sure I sponsor enough nigerian students to study in havard and oxford university so that some opportunists who had d grace to school there wont come here and rubbish Nigerian students telling them they are not employeable!!!
That's statement still make me sad whenever I remember it.
I will also make sure that I touch all the higher institution I attended here so dat many will school on scholarships and there won't b need for money 2 finance their project or research work. (Imagine u submitted your research proposal to your supervisor nd he collected d fund bt neva intimate u nd u still went on paying through ur nose for the research and @ d long run, when he/she writes a paper from your work, ur name will appear in d last author!!!)

2 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by paparazzi1987(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Make i get the Money first; after that i go come comment.. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by yuzedo: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
huh? wuz these?! angry donate wot! did charity donated half her fortune to me?! angry

Anywayy plis av been in comma since sattuday mornin. did u voat for me? did i won d anambra electon?? can i start answering govonor cheif sweetus his exccelentcy? embarassed

22 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by leverage12(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
love your comment. You've spoken my Mind!
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Mayor38(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
let me think about it... come mod if this my comment no enter front page delete am abeg
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Tsmooth1(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by ebamma(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
. Sorry bro, if i was worth as much as bill gates, i no go try that rubbish, we don pass 500 for our extended family, so incase i was that rich my brother,sisters, aunties, uncles, cousins, nephews, go first chop first, after that i never sabi whether something go remain for charity sef, but all still follow for charity sha, abi no be una talk say charity begins at home?

8 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Ghadafy(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Half of my fortune maybe too much for charity but I could donate 30%.
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by binhozie(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Most of those billionaires are old arent likely to carry that money to the grave. . .i'll say they dont have much choice
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by nonzy26(m): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
hmmmm...dis is a very hard decision to make...like giving out one of ur kidneys for free, you will nt undastand dis if u hv nt handled millions
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by raytony: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
If I become a billionaire today, I will first go to Aboki stand and buy suya worth of 100,000 naira and after that, I'll start thinking of what to do with the remaining money.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by ednut1(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
i don't womanize, so i cant give it to charity, those dat have done it, did it change d status quo
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by bknight: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
You won't find Carlos Slim on that list undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by cacius: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Is Dangote among the list of donors?

1 Like

Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
follow on twitter @ifetoyosiazeez nd ama ff bck
Re: If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? by adtiezy1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
i will in short i willl give 97% of my wealth to them..as per say na them hustle for me mtchew undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banks Remove $1.2b 9mobile Debt From Books / Somebody Emptied My Bank Account: Are Banks Safe Afterall? / Breaking: Presidency Vows To Recover $7 B CBN Bailout To Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.