Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,740 members, 7,955,825 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here (4625 Views)

What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging / Thread For All Your Blogging Related Problems Here / New Modern Wapka Arena : Post Any Wapka Problem You Have Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by ReLaTE(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
Am just new to this ,pls tell me how to improve http://naijaspotit..com

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
bastien:
Thanks sire I really appreciate, I will increase the post site,tho I'm novice and I did everything my self but the AdSense wahala dy vex me

Thanks awaiting for tips on sitemap
SITE MAP

Note - before you start reading the following tutorials make sure you have a GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOL ACCOUNT ..........

CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE

How to create sitemap for Blogger blog – Blogger sitemap XML

Creating sitemap in Blogger - Blogger sitemap XMLA Sitemap is nothing but a list of accessible pages in your website. Sitemaps helps search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing to easily crawl pages in your site which helps in better index. As a blogger you must create a sitemap so whenever you make a new post search engines can crawl and index them easily. In this post let’s see how to create sitemap for Blogger blog and submitting it to Google webmaster tools and in robots.txt.
Default Blogger sitemap

By default your blogger blog will have sitemap, but the issue with that sitemap is it only shows your recent blog posts . A perfect sitemap is that it should contain the list of all you pages so that search engines know the complete structure of your site. Let’s see how to create sitemap for Blogger blog.
How to create sitemap for Blogger

Creating sitemap is very simple and this sitemap works for both self-hosted Blogger blogs and normal Blogger blogs. Just use this (atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500)next to your blogs URL. See example below.

http://yourblogname..com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

Now you have created sitemap for your Blogger blog, but you need to tell search engines about your sitemap so that bots can know your site structure. There are two ways to tell search engines about your sitemap.

1. Showing your sitemap in robots.txt file and 2. Submitting your sitemaps in Google webmaster tools
Adding your Blogger sitemap in robots.txt file

Login to your Blogger blog and go to dashboard >> settings >> search preferences and edit the custom robots.txt. Enable and paste the following text and click save changes. Make sure to change your blog name in Blogger sitemap below.

1 User-agent: *
2 Disallow: /search
3 Allow: /
5 Sitemap: http://..in/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

So whenever search engines crawls your site they will access your Blogger sitemap from robots.txt file.
Submitting your Blogger sitemap in Google webmaster tools

Login to your Google webmaster tools and select you website. In your site dashboard click sitemaps below. Now click add/test sitemaps, add your sitemap (just the atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500) and submit your sitemap.

That’s it you have successfully submitted your sitemap in Google webmaster tools. Now it’s ready for crawling and indexing. You can find the number of pages crawled and indexed in Google webmaster tools.

Blogger sitemap - Submitting sitemap in Google webmaster tools

If you like then also submit your Bloggers sitemap to Bing webmaster tools.

Hope this helped you on how to create sitemap for Blogger and submitting it in robots.txt and Google webmaster tools.

check screenshots below to help you

Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by bastien: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
temidayo123:
SITE MAP

Note - before you start reading the following tutorials make sure you have a GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOL ACCOUNT ..........

CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE

How to create sitemap for Blogger blog – Blogger sitemap XML

Creating sitemap in Blogger - Blogger sitemap XMLA Sitemap is nothing but a list of accessible pages in your website. Sitemaps helps search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing to easily crawl pages in your site which helps in better index. As a blogger you must create a sitemap so whenever you make a new post search engines can crawl and index them easily. In this post let’s see how to create sitemap for Blogger blog and submitting it to Google webmaster tools and in robots.txt.
Default Blogger sitemap

By default your blogger blog will have sitemap, but the issue with that sitemap is it only shows your recent blog posts . A perfect sitemap is that it should contain the list of all you pages so that search engines know the complete structure of your site. Let’s see how to create sitemap for Blogger blog.
How to create sitemap for Blogger

Creating sitemap is very simple and this sitemap works for both self-hosted Blogger blogs and normal Blogger blogs. Just use this (atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500)next to your blogs URL. See example below.

http://yourblogname..com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

Now you have created sitemap for your Blogger blog, but you need to tell search engines about your sitemap so that bots can know your site structure. There are two ways to tell search engines about your sitemap.

1. Showing your sitemap in robots.txt file and 2. Submitting your sitemaps in Google webmaster tools
Adding your Blogger sitemap in robots.txt file

Login to your Blogger blog and go to dashboard >> settings >> search preferences and edit the custom robots.txt. Enable and paste the following text and click save changes. Make sure to change your blog name in Blogger sitemap below.

1 User-agent: *
2 Disallow: /search
3 Allow: /
5 Sitemap: http://..in/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

So whenever search engines crawls your site they will access your Blogger sitemap from robots.txt file.
Submitting your Blogger sitemap in Google webmaster tools

Login to your Google webmaster tools and select you website. In your site dashboard click sitemaps below. Now click add/test sitemaps, add your sitemap (just the atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500) and submit your sitemap.

That’s it you have successfully submitted your sitemap in Google webmaster tools. Now it’s ready for crawling and indexing. You can find the number of pages crawled and indexed in Google webmaster tools.

Blogger sitemap - Submitting sitemap in Google webmaster tools

If you like then also submit your Bloggers sitemap to Bing webmaster tools.

Hope this helped you on how to create sitemap for Blogger and submitting it in robots.txt and Google webmaster tools.

check screenshots below to help you

Thanks boss I think I successful did it.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by boyo123(m): 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
temidayo123:
Hmmmmmm
i have just scanned your site and its looks blank to me <sorry if i might hurt you>

Reasons

No images - make your wordpress blog look alive with images

Full article Posting - make use of the read more button , dont post all your articles details in your main page try to get atlest 2 pageviews from each visitors

Bad theme - change the theme and add more plugins\

Edit Copied articles - when a visitor visits your site , he or she see's that all your articles are copied they might not want to come back again
and some ads service unit wnt accept your approval because all they see there are copied even with links arghhhh.............

thats all the errors i can see for now
will inform you of the others later
tanks so much bro.i realy appreciate .how work on it then get back to u

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Abdul9025(m): 8:54am On Oct 28, 2014
temidayo123:
okay read below

Setting Up With Your Own Domain Name

Google provides free blogging at .com, and allows you to point your personal domain to it. There two parts to this process. First, setting up your account to permit this, and secondly, configuring the DNS for the domain with easyDNS.
Setting up your Google Account

Log into your account at .com and then click on 'Settings' on the left-hand side

Now click on 'Publishing' - this will bring up the following screen

Click on 'Add a Custom Domain' to bring up the next screen

Click on 'Switch to Advanced Settings'

Now enter your domain name WITH the www prefix (in our example, we use www.easydnstest.com) and click 'save'.

You'll see an error message. That's ok. Copy the two records it asks you to create and open a new browser window (leaving this one open).

Leave this window open, as we'll need to go back to it again in a few minutes.
Setting up your easyDNS account

Log into web.easydns.com and go to your domain management. Click on the left-hand side of the page (on DNS Settings) to see all your DNS settings.

Now find 'aliases CNAME Records' and click the little wrench icon to edit the records as below

Enter the two records as shown in the example below and click 'next'. Agree to the changes (it will show an error saying one of these is invalid - that's ok. It's just used by Google to verify you have control of the domain).

Now click on DNS Settings on the left again, and select the wrench for 'hosts A Records'

Now enter the records shown below, click next, and then confirm the changes.

Congratulations - you've set up the records for your domain at easyDNS
Finalizing the changes at

Go back to the tab you have open for , and now click 'Save' again at the bottom of the page. This time it will accept the changes, and bring you back to your main page.

Now click into 'Publishing' again as you did in the first steps (Settings -> Publish) and select 'edit' beside your domain name

Put a check in 'redirect yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com' (where yourdomain.com = your own domain name) and click 'Save'

Now you've completed the setup at .

From now on, anyone going to your domain name will immediately be directed to the blog, and your own domain will appear at the top!

Please note that easydnstest.com is a domain name i use for testing purposes. It may not lead to a blog site. hope this helps you
thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2014
boyo123:
tanks so much bro.i realy appreciate .how work on it then get back to u
ok then
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 28, 2014
ReLaTE:
Am just new to this ,pls tell me how to improve http://naijaspotit..com
Sorry to answer you late Mr Relate

i have sucessfully scanned your site and have also seen a little few errors {dont be scare iz just few}

1. the blog achive is so jam packed why not make it a drop down menu or better still you remove it and add the recent post gadget .............

2. try to make your post images more bigger {a little bold}

3. try to adjust your side bar width a little bigger and also the entire blog width a little not too much............

thats all what i can see for now
will inform you later with others................
meanwhile you can change the blog template if you know you are not too comfortable with it
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by bastien: 10:46am On Oct 28, 2014
Omo I can't stand the pains since I was getting at least 50 minimum traffic on a page and my AdSense was not visible I had to go back to my .com Where the ads are still visible

www.9japunters..com

1 Like

Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Digriz(m): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
temidayo123:

Sorry to answer you late Mr Relate

i have sucessfully scanned your site and have also seen a little few errors {dont be scare iz just few}

1. the blog achive is so jam packed why not make it a drop down menu or better still you remove it and add the recent post gadget .............

2. try to make your post images more bigger {a little bold}

3. try to adjust your side bar width a little bigger and also the entire blog width a little not too much............

thats all what i can see for now
will inform you later with others................
meanwhile you can change the blog template if you know you are not too comfortable with it
tnka a lot,i hv been waiting for your reply.
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by boyo123(m): 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
temidayo123:
Hmmmmmm
i have just scanned your site and its looks blank to me <sorry if i might hurt you>

Reasons

Full article Posting - make use of the read more button , dont post all your articles details in your main page try to get atlest 2 pageviews from each visitors

Edit Copied articles - when a visitor visits your site , he or she see's that all your articles are copied they might not want to come back again
and some ads service unit wnt accept your approval because all they see there are copied even with links arghhhh.............

bro av made some changes to the blog but am still undergoin some difficulties like creating a link of were i got the stories how appreciate if u can help me out.pls review it nd tell me what next to do
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by boyo123(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
temidayo123:
Hmmmmmm

Reasons

Edit Copied articles - when a visitor visits our site , he or she see's that all your articles are copied they might not want to come back again

bro av made some changes to the blog but am still undergoin some difficulties like creating a link of were i got the stories how appreciate if u can help me out.pls review it nd tell me what next to do
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by boyo123(m): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
temidayo123:
Hmmmmmm

Reasons

Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Shollay20(m): 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
Pls help me, my comment box did not show up...check my blog here: www.sholaqozeem..com
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by bastien: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
Shollay20:
Pls help me, my comment box did not show up...check my blog here: www.sholaqozeem..com
ur comment box is showing...... besides ur blog need many work ooh, and u dey copy and paste did Lol..... try editing before u paste
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 01, 2014
boyo123:
you can easily do that by clicking the link tab when creating a new post

and as for your new improved site

well done
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 01, 2014
Shollay20:
sorry to answer you late mr shollay

the first thing i will just tell you is to change your theme template

when you are done lemme know
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by boyo123(m): 8:12am On Nov 01, 2014
temidayo123:
you can easily do that by clicking the link tab when creating a new post

and as for your new improved site

well done
realy? Tanks bro 4 the nice comment. But realy is that all i need to adjust bfor applyn to adsens.pls educate me more bro
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Shollay20(m): 9:36am On Nov 01, 2014
temidayo123:
sorry to answer you late mr shollay

the first thing i will just tell you is to change your theme template

when you are done lemme know
I have change it still the same help me??
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Shollay20(m): 9:51am On Nov 01, 2014
bastien:
ur comment box is showing...... besides ur blog need many work ooh, and u dey copy and paste did Lol..... try editing before u paste
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by bastien: 9:56am On Nov 01, 2014
Shollay20:

Hmmmmmmmmm
yeah
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
boyo123:
realy? Tanks bro 4 the nice comment. But realy is that all i need to adjust bfor applyn to adsens.pls educate me more bro
no you still have some little work to do
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Shollay20:

I have change it still the same help me??
hmmmmmmmmm
is like is still on the simple theme template
which i dont tink you can handle
just change it to a picture window template to be on a safer side
then we continue
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by boyo123(m): 6:37am On Nov 02, 2014
temidayo123:
no you still have some little work to do
ok bro.wat are the tins i need to do
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
boyo123:
ok bro.wat are the tins i need to do
have you changed it
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hello
The problem am experiencing is that when ever I try to post an
Article I always get "error 301: permanently moved" or I get
Incorrect user name and password or server response error
On media upload pls how can I rectify this issue.
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by tobzzy(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
temidayo123:
POST ANY BLOGGING PROBLEM YOU HAVE HERE AND YOU GET ANSWERS IN MINUTES
please help check out my blog and tell me what next to do. Am having problem on the widget to use for amazon ad
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
uhiochris:
Hello
The problem am experiencing is that when ever I try to post an
Article I always get "error 301: permanently moved" or I get
Incorrect user name and password or server response error
On media upload pls how can I rectify this issue.

to me is like you edit and edit a lot of tinz in that your blog

best thing to do is to format the whole blog template or you revert it to default

try it and see if it will help
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
tobzzy:
please help check out my blog and tell me what next to do. Am having problem on the widget to use for amazon ad
mr man your url
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Shollay20(m): 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
bastien:
yeah
I did not see any blog comment box except blogger comment i add to it and i dont like it...
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Shollay20(m): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
temidayo123:
hmmmmmmmmm
is like is still on the simple theme template
which i dont tink you can handle
just change it to a picture window template to be on a safer side
then we continue
Because of you sir i have did it still the same thing ooooo...
Re: Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here by Tectono: 3:27am On Nov 03, 2014
Hi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Add YOUR Blog Url For Traffic / Pls How Can I Add Multiple Images On My Blog / SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.