Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging (6238 Views)

Web Programmers Needed For An Association Website / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / What Do You Think About Bloggers Forming An Association? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Donkenzy47(m): 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
Sometimes I begin to imagine what the future have for blogging in Nigeria. Everyday hundreds of blogs are created in Nigeria without any plan. The same post i see on Cheezy's blog is the same post i will see on Lara's blog and several other blogs without even trying to change the topic, image or atleast reconstruct the post.
When thinking about it today, I just feel like an association should be setup up for bloggers and every blog both old and new should be registered.
The association will ensure that every blog in Nigeria meets up to standard before they can proceed with registration.
New blogs should be well examined and the blogger will have to pass through some serious examination.
Any blog that doesnt meet up to standard should be taking as a personal blog and must not be monetised but can accept donations anyway.

And any blog which deals in copy and paste should be warned and if it persists, the blogger can be sued for copyright infrigement.
Atleast with this, even if there are over a million entertainment blogs in Nigeria, they will all have totally different and interesting posts which will never get anyone bored.

This is just my thought and i will like to know your opinion on this..

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by mr2kay(m): 12:36am On Apr 20, 2016
Mr man stfu so I would be monitored before I have a blog abi undecidedthis is the most sily suggestion I've ever seen ever since voting buhari in.Pls which country does this angry

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Donkenzy47(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
mr2kay:
Mr man stfu so I would be monitored before I have a blog abi undecidedthis is the most sily suggestion I've ever seen ever since voting buhari in.Pls which country does this angry
Very silly indeed, but atleast it will stop people like you from earning off these copy and paste bloggers who you sell adsense accounts to.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by yomalex(m): 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ludacris

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
I agree with OP. Too much copy and paste.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by charsobodo(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
OP are you dreaming? your suggestion is certainly not possible...

12 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by mr2kay(m): 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
Donkenzy47:

Very silly indeed, but atleast it will stop people like you from earning off these copy and paste bloggers who you sell adsense accounts to.
see this one so those I sell adsense to dey pain you for body undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by mr2kay(m): 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
charsobodo:
OP are you dreaming? your suggestion is certainly not possible...
help me tell am OO,not even the copy and paste is my problem but the fact that an organisation would be keeping watch over my blog for wetin na.Don't you think we have less privacy enough undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by kennysteve77: 6:35am On Apr 21, 2016
Not now...
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Dottore: 6:37am On Apr 21, 2016
I bought fuel @170 per litre after a long queue.
What is it you said about blogging abi internet again.

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by babyfaceafrica: 6:37am On Apr 21, 2016
Incompetent bloggers everywhere

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by sinistermind(m): 6:40am On Apr 21, 2016
Association for bloggers? Don't you think can also bring bias on some issues becos of certain rules of the association.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by geozone: 6:42am On Apr 21, 2016
dont forget blogging started off as a hobby now you want to promote ass kissing in this field. why not leave it be eventually readers will narrow their options afterall there are many blogs that have not seen the light of day due to substandard content. i believe the system will perfect itself. your intervention sadly is not needed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by femmywest(m): 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Until then...you can visit my blog for latest news on movies, games,gadgets and tvseries

http://gamesmoviesandgadget..com.ng/2016/04/watch-first-trailer-for-doctorstrange.html?m=1

or join my bbm channel
C000484DB
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by obowunmi(m): 6:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Not a good idea... If someone copies and paste, don't visit their blog.

No need for any association.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by ObiOmaMu: 6:45am On Apr 21, 2016
grin
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Caspian22(m): 6:48am On Apr 21, 2016
Op is right in some way.. But it's just the entertainment and gossip blogs that write the same thing, those guys are hardly ever creative.

That's why I'm a proud health blogger, I have written over 50 unique posts.

Blogging should be a way for you to express your knowledge, opinions, creativity and interest to the world, not just making money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by teegrams(m): 6:52am On Apr 21, 2016
your suggestions wont work...see my reasons
1. you dont need anyone permission to open a blog its free
2.you can blog from anywhere,anytime ,anyhow ..makes blogger more like invisible
3.you dont even need an office
4.you dont even have to meet anyone physically once google accepts you
5.Nigeria association of whatever is always bais lots of nut head
6.you can send it to the senate maybe it would be in the amendment bill lol
in order words it cant work ,it wont work and it would never work ,its not done anywhere in the world probably Iraq lol

Nigerian Bloggers would improve from copy and paste with time so just relax,the game is changing

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Atmmachine(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2016
It won't affect me because i dey USA but i copy all my blog posts from Nigerian blog sites.
That's how i make thousands of dollars every month.

I don't plan on stopping

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by haconjy(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2016
how do you see it of we have " Association Of Food Eaters" is that not stupidity?... www.themafrica..com
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by 9jamusicanalyst(m): 6:57am On Apr 21, 2016
Op are u trying to bring out a fresh social media bill?na so e take de start ooOooo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by 4C2215131: 7:02am On Apr 21, 2016
Makes little sense.
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by nollywoodbabe: 7:04am On Apr 21, 2016
Donkenzy47:
Sometimes I begin to imagine what the future have for blogging in Nigeria. Everyday hundreds of blogs are created in Nigeria without any plan. The same post i see on Cheezy's blog is the same post i will see on Lara's blog and several other blogs without even trying to change the topic, image or atleast reconstruct the post.
When thinking about it today, I just feel like an association should be setup up for bloggers and every blog both old and new should be registered.
The association will ensure that every blog in Nigeria meets up to standard before they can proceed with registration.
New blogs should be well examined and the blogger will have to pass through some serious examination.
Any blog that doesnt meet up to standard should be taking as a personal blog and must not be monetised but can accept donations anyway.

And any blog which deals in copy and paste should be warned and if it persists, the blogger can be sued for copyright infrigement.
Atleast with this, even if there are over a million entertainment blogs in Nigeria, they will all have totally different and interesting posts which will never get anyone bored.

This is just my thought and i will like to know your opinion on this..

No that is not the way to go.... You have what you just described in Nollywood the movie sector. You have it in the music sector...etc. Every body jumping into anything hoping to make a Kill... The only way to deal with such is Leave it alone. If they are good people will patronize whatever they are doing and they will get paid rendering a service to Society and if they are not good their Products or Craft will die a natural death...so its a win! win! situation...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by 4C2215131: 7:06am On Apr 21, 2016
[quote author=haconjy post=44895355]how do you see it of we have " Association Of Food Eaters"

is that not stupidity?...
www.themafrica..com[/quote

Well my friend the joke just might be on you as the association you mention do exist even if not in Nigeria. Check out the term "Gastro..." Google can fill out the rest.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Wizkoko(m): 7:06am On Apr 21, 2016
OP, if they don't copy and paste, then what will they post? No be the thing wey I see for Naijaloaded I go still see for Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by adik3rd(m): 7:07am On Apr 21, 2016
If this ever happens nairaland goes down first

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by joey150(m): 7:08am On Apr 21, 2016
Atmmachine:
It won't affect me because i dey USA but i copy all my blog posts from Nigerian blog sites.
That's how i make thousands of dollars every month.

I don't plan on stopping
just keep lying @ thousands of dollars.
It aint gonna make you rich in real life

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 21, 2016
OK.

Btw, check my signature
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by Speakdatruth: 7:11am On Apr 21, 2016
impossible idea just as the FOI bill could not be stopped
Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by WebclickNG: 7:18am On Apr 21, 2016
Regular workshops may regulate the activity of the bloggers as our experience have shown. There are over 31 million blogs in the US alone and they are well regulated without an association.

For Collaboration, Monetization and Opportunities, List your blog in this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/3058890/list-blog-collaboration-monetization-opportunities#44870288

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by DJBIGGY(m): 7:18am On Apr 21, 2016
See it can't work.... I cannot count how many bloggers out there who have perfected hiding their identity and be making serious cash... The so called association will never have accurate number of bloggers operating in Nigeria. Patronage is left for potential audience cos if someone realizes he is a copycat of lib or nairaland or olamzy.com ... Omo Na to blacklist that site from your life.

Only thing one can do is to take legal action if anybody is caught defaming or libeling someone

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging by lawrenceunaa: 7:20am On Apr 21, 2016
Op that's ur opinion. to me it is another form of social media bill. The organization will in the future tell what to and what not to blog undecided. I knw 9ja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Anniversary Wishes / How To Get Traffic For A New Blog / Truehost Review : This Is Not A Paid Review (Worst And Good Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.