Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Visiting UK From Nigeria: When It Becomes Stupid - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Visiting UK From Nigeria: When It Becomes Stupid (883 Views)

How Old Was Nigeria When U Were Born? / 10 Christmas Traditions From Nigeria And Other Parts Of The World / You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Visiting UK From Nigeria: When It Becomes Stupid by Seandeeds(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2014
Visiting UK from Nigeria and other non EU countries can be very expensive and hectic. The whole visa process is a separate topic on its own.
Considering this, the ultimate experience is therefore vital. If you are a regular traveler, this may not be appropriate for you, but for people visiting the UK for the very first time or you come in occasionally, you should read this.

I've had many reasons to wonder why some people just throw money down the drain. It's not even like some can really afford the trip to the UK, it's all about travelling at all cost.

I was at a friend's recently and what I saw inspired me to write this post. My friend had some visitors from Nigeria, a family of four came to visit, they claimed to be on a holiday.

They spent the entire two weeks at my friend's house. They only visited the local high street (Bromley) and the shopping mall there. That wasn't the first time I would see something like that. It's happened to me too. I had to drag the guy out of the house to go see London. He thanked me afterwards.

To be honest, spending thousands of pounds on travelling to the UK from Nigeria, only to come hide yourself somewhere in south London doesn't make sense to me. It's a waste of money....Simple.
How can you have the best stay in the UK? How can you make sure everything about your journey is well planned?
What are the little things you forget to put in place when you are travelling? It's simple, if you consider the few points listed below carefully, you will have the ultimate experience when next you visit UK and any other country.

1) Accommodation
You should plan your accommodation very well, it is very important. Do a proper research, even before you apply for your visa.
Plan your accommodation around the places you wanna visit and not the other way round. If you want to do a reservation, be creative about it. If the reservation is being done on your behalf, give them specific instructions.

If you want to stay with friends and relatives, you should be proactive. Pick the most central of all available options. You don't book a hotel close to Heathrow, when all your places of interest are in East London.
Seek help if you run into any trouble doing this. I can not emphasize this enough, Sort your accommodation out before coming to the UK. Don't spend such a huge amount of money and several hours in the air to come beg for accommodation in the UK.

- Read more at: http://uklounge..co.uk/2014/10/visiting-uk-from-nigeria.html#more
Re: Visiting UK From Nigeria: When It Becomes Stupid by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
The 'must travel abroad' mentality of Nigerians is sickening! Most people don't plan things before coming here.
Re: Visiting UK From Nigeria: When It Becomes Stupid by deipiero10: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hi Guys,
I am going to apply for a general visit visa to the Uk this October for my graduation which is set to happen in November. This is because my student visa expired before the event. I have all the necessary documents including the visa support letter from my school.
However, I am confused about the bank statement required. It says that the statement should be of the last 6 months. I have a statement from January to July. There is hardly any activity on the account but it will cover the trip. Is this OK? Please advice.

(1) (Reply)

Is Anita Oyakhilome A True WOMAN OF GOD? / 5ive Different Kind Of Lips You Will Probably See In This Harmattan Period. / PMP IT Training Available At Your Door Step, Lekki Phaze 1, Ajah, Ado,sangotedo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.