Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

How To Stop Bad Breath - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Stop Bad Breath (798 Views)

Cure For Halitosis (bad Breath/mouth Odour) / Fascinating To Hear That My Baby Has A Bad Breath! / Unable To Stop Throwing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Bad Breath by dammyjay93(m): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hello people, how’s the day going? Today was one of those days in which I had no idea what to write about until life chose a topic for me. Quick question; have you ever felt like dying or stapling a person’s lips shut when they’re speaking to you? Like, you literally just feel like dying, especially when this person is someone you can’t tell to shut up? It happened to me guys, it did. Mouth odor is real, it is REAL.
Mouth odor otherwise known as bad breath, also known as halitosis – if we’re being doctor-y about it, can be a result of a list of things like poor dental habits, unhealthy lifestyle habits, types of foods consumed and health problems. More often than not, it’s a mix of poor dental habits and foods consumed that cause bad breath. Now, I could go and on about the things you eat or do that make your breath smell so bad, but I’ll suggest things to stop it instead; because I really almost gave up the ghost today. Bad breath has to go.
WATER
Water is essential for fresh breath, because it helps to wash out hidden food particles trapped between your teeth. It is advisable to swish water around your mouth regularly, especially after eating, so as to clean out food particles and clean your mouth. Basically, water is just as good as mouthwash in keeping your mouth clean when used right.
KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLEAN
You should brush thoroughly at least twice a day – it’s already stale gist that dentists advise us to do this. After cleaning the teeth, the tongue should receive special attention too. This is because bacteria left on the tongue will start to smell bad after a while, and then you will be unable to set P off social media because your breath smells.
Also, flossing should be done regularly, because food and bacteria trapped between teeth and at the gum line can be removed only with floss; if it’s left to linger, it can lead to chronically bad breath.
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU EAT
This point cannot be emphasized enough, especially for those of you who eat everything. Not every time put something in your mouth, sometimes lick tom tom and be happy. Eating foods or fruits high in sulphur compounds like cabbages, eggs and onions, among other foods, will lead to bad breath even after you clean your mouth, because as foods are digested and absorbed into the bloodstream, they are eventually carried to your lungs and given off in your breath.
So brethren, foods with pungent odors should be eaten in times when you plan not to speak to anyone for at least four hours. I kid.
CULTIVATE GOOD HEALTH HABITS
Bad health habits like smoking or chewing tobacco-based products can also cause bad breath and reduce your ability to taste foods. I’m pretty sure anyone who knows what chocolate tastes like would never want their ability to taste tampered with.
I could go on and on about this, but let’s stop here. Other things to do include using mouthwash, chewing breath mints, making sure not to get stressed so your tongue doesn’t dry out, and regular checkups with your dentist. Also, it’s important to note that sometimes, a serious illness like pneumonia or bronchitis among many others is the cause for prolonged mouth odor. So in the event that your mouth can’t stop smelling, go for a medical checkup. But then again, it could just be that you are a dirty dirty fellow.
In case you don’t know whether your mouth smells or not, and you want to find out, look for a friend and say ”HI” in the breathiest way possible; their reaction will tell you all you need to know. Thank me later. Peace, love and amala.
Re: How To Stop Bad Breath by chachazzy(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Somebody did a research on walnut as a cure for halitosis and it proved 90% effective. The thesis was published here on nairaland, i really cant dig the file out. So, go get some lorry load of WALNUT and come back to testify. Remember to share with your friends too.
#Peace
Re: How To Stop Bad Breath by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hi, your article is just perfect and actually, this is one major thing that turns me off completely. I know a few people who can benefit from reading this, hope they eventually get a clue.
Re: How To Stop Bad Breath by lillyjane(f): 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
I quite agree with the op cos even when one is alone, bad breath is not a good thing to experience not to talk of the uncomfortable situations it puts you through socially. Bad breath or Halitosis is just an all-around unfortunate thing. But then again, there are quite a few quick-fixes out there and if you already religiously floss and brush, it can be quite frustrating trying to deal with it.

for natural home remedies for bad breath, click http://www..com/natural-ways-to-fight-bad-breath-halitosis

(1) (Reply)

Health Tips: 7 Foods That Can Clear Your Complexion / Reading Mate For Usmle 2015 / Mastubating,the Plague That Has Fallen Upon Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.