Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,121 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq (3400 Views)

Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Fr Mbaka Transferred From His Parish In Enugu & Left Without A Parish - IgbereTv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by vooks: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
Great post Image123,

Am still waiting for PRACTICAL alternative proposals and my mantra is 'never criticize if you have no better idea'
Image123:

Lol, if they plant church every five mins drive away, you will complain. If they say everybody should gather together as one in redeem camp, you will still complain. Obviously, decisions cannot be made with you as the focal point na.

@OP, church finance is primarily an administrative issue. Headquarters of any establishment usually have more say. Perhaps, you find out how other parishes are doing it. i've seen some impressive rccg parishes in my little life.

1 Like

Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by asalimpo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
dein77:

No sensible person will disagree with you. Everything you have explained is nothing but the truth. I aso have an issue with the mandate thing. God doesn't change in Person, but His modes of operations do change as time progresses.

Whatever isn't working should be changed. For now, the RCCG pattern, at least in my opinion, isn't working.

Church members are almost singlehandedly saddled with the burden of building a new parish, without tangible assistance from the Province.

We recently resisted a plan to further impoverish our parish. We already have a befitting Zonal HQ, but we were told they are planning to build another MEGA Zonal HQ, hence we all to ccontribute to that project. Meanwhile we are yet to complete our own parish building project.

We simply politely objected. Period.
i believe the church organization is suffering from a mega-complex. Growing for growings sake.
Their indicators of success are all flawed and wrong.
Parish count is no indicator of success in God's eyes.
Neither is employ disgustg fleshly techniques. Let God do His work not man.

2 Likes

Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by dein77(m): 3:15am On Oct 24, 2014
asalimpo:

i believe the church organization is suffering from a mega-complex. Growing for growings sake.
Their indicators of success are all flawed and wrong.
Parish count is no indicator of success in God's eyes.
Neither is employ disgustg fleshly techniques. Let God do His work not man.

Simple! Parish count is no indicator of success in God's eyes. Very true.
Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by Goshen360(m): 4:18am On Oct 24, 2014
The OP is 100% right.

I was once a member of RCCG before I left their Babylon (confused and diluted) state. Thank God He, God took me out. RCCG and her leadership thinks they are doing God and favour or thinks they are working for\with God, not knowing the mind of God neither are they preaching the gospel of Christ.

To set the record straight. I was a strong member in RCCG, Offa Central Model Parish a.k.a Winners' Parish. It was pastored then by Pastor Monyeh and the Area Pastor then, Pastor Oladoye. I'm talking about far back in 1999. The story narrated by the OP is exact - Mostly or most part of donations are all sent to the HQ leaving little or nothing for the parish to survive on.

We struggled so much that many of us closer to the Pastor had to make so much sacrificial giving from money given to us to take for our schooling and the end of each semester, we are left brook. RCCG will never come to put their money from HQ in any parish they know income or return of tithe will not be huge. That tells you the leadership....Pastor Adeboye is all about business and investment...hence, the proliferation of RCCG mushroom parishes all over the street....because of the returns.

This parish I'm talking about started from classroom in a primary school and I was part of it. We, the student had to put in all our resources to make it happen. We later got a building that was in the middle of dumpster and sometimes, we're in service and snakes will visit us.....opelope anointing.... grin grin grin

Back to point,

There's nowhere in scripture where churches are established by Apostle Paul and all tithes\revenues or most incomes had to be remit to Apostle Paul HQ. The eyes of understanding of our people need to open!!! Pastor Adeboye had erred in this decision and certain not in the Father's business because the whole system is corrupt and unbiblical.

2 Likes

Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by Walelavender(m): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2014
Goshen360:
The OP is 100% right.

I was once a member of RCCG before I left their Babylon (confused and diluted) state. Thank God He, God took me out. RCCG and her leadership thinks they are doing God and favour or thinks they are working for\with God, not knowing the mind of God neither are they preaching the gospel of Christ.

To set the record straight. I was a strong member in RCCG, Offa Central Model Parish a.k.a Winners' Parish. It was pastored then by Pastor Monyeh and the Area Pastor then, Pastor Oladoye. I'm talking about far back in 1999. The story narrated by the OP is exact - Mostly or most part of donations are all sent to the HQ leaving little or nothing for the parish to survive on.

We struggled so much that many of us closer to the Pastor had to make so much sacrificial giving from money given to us to take for our schooling and the end of each semester, we are left brook. RCCG will never come to put their money from HQ in any parish they know income or return of tithe will not be huge. That tells you the leadership....Pastor Adeboye is all about business and investment...hence, the proliferation of RCCG mushroom parishes all over the street....because of the returns.

This parish I'm talking about started from classroom in a primary school and I was part of it. We, the student had to put in all our resources to make it happen. We later got a building that was in the middle of dumpster and sometimes, we're in service and snakes will visit us.....opelope anointing.... grin grin grin

Back to point,

There's nowhere in scripture where churches are established by Apostle Paul and all tithes\revenues or most incomes had to be remit to Apostle Paul HQ. The eyes of understanding of our people need to open!!! Pastor Adeboye had erred in this decision and certain not in the Father's business because the whole system is corrupt and unbiblical.
Goshen360:
The OP is 100% right.
Back to point,
Goshen360:
The OP is 100% right.

Back to point,

Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by dein77(m): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=Walelavender post=27403933][/quote]

Brother, the matter tire me. I'm a nonconformist, and believe strongly in challenging hitherto unchallenged unethical and unhealthy practices.

The RCCG administration is akin to the Nigerian system where almost every resources produced in states are sent to Abu a, thereby making the centre very over bloated and ridiculously corrupt.

Just as there can't be meaningful growth and progress until Nigeria practices true and fiscal federalism, so shall the RCCG local parishes struggle till the same changes are made.

BTW, I don't know where it's written in Scriptures that we shouldn't question or lovingly challenge administrative irregularities!
Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by vooks: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2014
I can assure you that pious fraudsters have invented all sorts of doctrines to shield themselves from criticism,rebuke or mere correction
https://www.nairaland.com/1959694/how-erring-mogs-avoid-scrutinyrebuke

Don't be afraid of their faces. And I like the fact that you are not leaving, you are fighting WITHIN. Pray for them as well

PS: Do you mean a church when you talk of a parish?
dein77:

Brother, the matter tire me. I'm a nonconformist, and believe strongly in challenging hitherto unchallenged unethical and unhealthy practices.

The RCCG administration is akin to the Nigerian system where almost every resources produced in states are sent to Abu a, thereby making the centre very over bloated and ridiculously corrupt.

Just as there can't be meaningful growth and progress until Nigeria practices true and fiscal federalism, so shall the RCCG local parishes struggle till the same changes are made.

BTW, I don't know where it's written in Scriptures that we shouldn't question or lovingly challenge administrative irregularities!

Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by dein77(m): 1:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
vooks:
I can assure you that pious fraudsters have invented all sorts of doctrines to shield themselves from criticism,rebuke or mere correction
https://www.nairaland.com/1959694/how-erring-mogs-avoid-scrutinyrebuke

Don't be afraid of their faces. And I like the fact that you are not leaving, you are fighting WITHIN. Pray for them as well

PS: Do you mean a church when you talk of a parish?

I'm not leaving. It's my Father's house. I will continue to lend my support its growth and nourishment.

It's time we started talking to our leaders. Christianity isn't a cult where almost everything goes unchallenged. Sometimes we have to disagree in order to move on.
Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Sometimes I pity people who attend these sole proprietorship or one man business churches.
Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by dein77(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Sometimes I pity people who attend these sole proprietorship or one man business churches.

It's God's grace that's enabling me continue with this journey. I would have been more disillusioned if not for His strength and grace. A lot of administrative flaws!
Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by vooks: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2014
But I haven't heard any of your proposal sir
What would you rather was done?
dein77:

It's God's grace that's enabling me continue with this journey. I would have been more disillusioned if not for His strength and grace. A lot of administrative flaws!
Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by lastmessenger: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2014
RCCG is a Yoruba church and runs on Yoruba culture. Therefore anything daddy or mummy say is alright.
The most painful one is that you find ignorant pastors everywhere in the mushroom parishes.
Re: Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq by asudan: 11:25am On Oct 25, 2014
omakay:
RCCG should stop planting parishes anyhow. They should update their financial cycle system to match the 21st century. How on earth can a parish submit more than 50% of it's revenue to the head-parish above. What do the Senior Pastors expect these parishes to fend on. At the end, the parish pastor will have to inconvenience his personal savings and family just to save face.

THIS IS JUST SOOOOOOO WRONG.

BTW: Why open so many parishes that turn out to be substandard.

CHRISTIANITY SHOULD HAVE STANDARDS OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
opening various branches Was the assignment given to Redeem but my concern is the way they stress parishes to return money to head quarters even when they're managing to maintain it. secondly the way they ordain ministers is alarming. they should borrow a leave from deeper life

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Question For Jws And Muslims / Scientists Reaveal The Real Picture Of Jesus (photo) / Adam & Eve (baby Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.