Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

The Samaritan Woman: A Prostitute Or Superwoman? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Samaritan Woman: A Prostitute Or Superwoman? (944 Views)

Flesh Eater, Demonic Prostitute Exposed In Lagos Crusade(pics). / ‘how I Slept With Prominent Pastors And Ministers’ – International Prostitute / Lagos Prostitute Confesses: “how I Slept With 30 Men Every Day” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Samaritan Woman: A Prostitute Or Superwoman? by DSuperWoman(f): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
You've probably heard the story of the Samarithan woman. A persevering woman who held on to what she believed regardless of what people thought of her. Abi isn't that the story you know?
Okay lemme tell you some things about this woman.

1) She had been married 5times and the man she was currently living with was not her husband.

Five marriages didn't make her a sinner (Due to warfare, famine, disease, and injury, men in those days dropped like flies. A widow became either a beggar, a prostitute, or another man's wife. Each time, this Samaritan woman had chosen the best option) but living with a man she wasn't married to was a sin

2) During biblical times drawing water and chatting at the well was the social highpoint of a woman's day
So why did she come to the well alone? That was just weird.

Why am I writing about the Samarithan woman? because I feel there's a lot we can learn from her.

1) A CHANGE FROM THE ORDINARY

This woman clearly needed a change in her life, she had gotten to the point where she was fed up and didn't even care about going to the well with other women to draw water from the community well. (Off course she had been ostrasize by others cause she was apparently living in sin) She knew that being with a man she wasn't married to was a sin and she accepted it, she didn't try to lie or feel embarrass about it (which is the normal reaction) when Jesus asked her, she had gotten to that point where she just said "to hell with all these laws of marriage" marriage is not what I need, what I need is Jesus (the messiah).

2) THE CONCIOUSNESS OF JESUS

Even as someone who doesn't know God (which Jesus pointed out), she longed for a change and she knew it was only the messiah who could give her, only the messiah could quench her thirst and hopefully change the stupid laws. She carried the consciousness of the messiah so much that she was not ashamed to tell a total stranger about him. Read full article here http://www.dsuperwoman.com/2014/10/the-samarithan-woman-prostitute-or.html?m=1
Re: The Samaritan Woman: A Prostitute Or Superwoman? by nomabeeee(f): 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
Personally I also learnt something from the story of jesus and the samarithan woman..come to think of it..jesus knew the true identity of this woman even wen this woman lied buh guess what jesus was not soo fast to input her trespasses on her..and when he finally did ,the woman was so happy and willing to change..lesson1: donot be soo fast to input other peoples tresspasses on them..tell the truth in love..and above all let ur words be seasoned so they can minister grace to the hearers..
Re: The Samaritan Woman: A Prostitute Or Superwoman? by DSuperWoman(f): 6:07am On Oct 23, 2014
nomabeeee:
Personally I also learnt something from the story of jesus and the samarithan woman..come to think of it..jesus knew the true identity of this woman even wen this woman lied buh guess what jesus was not soo fast to input her trespasses on her..and when he finally did ,the woman was so happy and willing to change..lesson1: donot be soo fast to input other peoples tresspasses on them..tell the truth in love..and above all let ur words be seasoned so they can minister grace to the hearers..
you are very correct dear. The one the church lacks presently is love and that is the only Law christ gave us. We are so fast to condem other people. Even correction must be done in love not condemnation. We have replaced love with church/religious activities. Thank you so much for pointing this out dear it is a very, infact the most important lesson

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Antichrist Revealed! / How Did Evil Originate / SCIENTIFIC Proof That Speaking In Tongues Is Real!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.