Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Pls Advise On Which Car To Get - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Advise On Which Car To Get (942 Views)

I Have 600k-700k, Which Car Do I Buy / Over 250 000 cars for NIGERIA! Which car do YOU want to buy? / 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. (2) (3) (4)

Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by emoch(m): 9:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hi house,
Sorry for your time

I really need advice on what car to buy as I'm not really too knowledgeable on certain things as regards car issue.

My max budget is 1.7million and I'm looking for cars from 2008 upwards.

Keypoints I'm looking for are: good fuel economy, not too expensive parts, and durabilty as I would be using it on Lagos roads.

Presently I'm eyeing a yaris, matrix or the camry...however I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks much in advance for ur intelligent responses
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by tempex88(m): 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
1.7m small for a. Good. 2008 toyota. Except u. Want a good used toyota
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by emoch(m): 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
I wouldn't mind a good toks.....no naija used..

Tnx
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by emoch(m): 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
I wouldn't mind a good toks.....no naija used..
How much are u.suggesting

Tnx
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Yaris with the 2nz engine is almost indestructible please stick with it.
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by rattlesnake(m): 10:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
Pls

Wait till after 2015 election keep Ur money n close this thread... In case lipsrsealed

Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by ogtavia(m): 11:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
I doubt if u'll get a good tokunbo car @ dt price,u can try Honda Accord 2008...y nt reduce ur budget and get a 2005 car instead..?
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by isha99: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2014
I have a very neat tokunbo corolla 2010 in kaduna.u can come for inspection or send a trusted representative.2 million
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by emoch(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2014
@isha...can I see pix
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by USAutoBuy(m): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2014
Word of Advise -

To PROPERLY clear a 2008 vehicle (THRU LAGOS) will be about N700k. That does not include trucking&shipping from the US of about N200k. So it will be HARD if not impossible to get a 2008 with remaining money.

However you can be LUCKY is the seller has the car before all the hike in clearing cost.

But a newly imported Tokunbo will either be accidented or the duty is not fully paid.

Its hard to argue with numbers. You can lie about numbers but numbers in itself is as objective as they come. I am just throwing out the numbers and you can do your due diligence and make ur decision.

You are better off finding a nice Naija used or adding more money if you ask me.

Good luck in your search.

Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by emoch(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2014
USAutoBuy:
Word of Advise -
To PROPERLY clear a 2008 vehicle (THRU LAGOS) will be about N700k. That does not include trucking&shipping from the US of about N200k. So it will be HARD if not impossible to get a 2008 with remaining money.
However you can be LUCKY is the seller has the car before all the hike in clearing cost.
But a newly imported Tokunbo will either be accidented or the duty is not fully paid.
Its hard to argue with numbers. You can lie about numbers but numbers in itself is as objective as they come. I am just throwing out the numbers and you can do your due diligence and make ur decision.
You are better off finding a nice Naija used or adding more money if you ask me.
Good luck in your search.

Thanks for d analysis...however I'm not looking at pre-order from abroad.

Will the said amount (1.7) not get a toks yaris or matrix from cotonu a dese models are not on the high side?

If NO,

Then I'll keep saving to break the 2mil barrier.

Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by USAutoBuy(m): 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
emoch:

Thanks for d analysis...however I'm not looking at pre-order from abroad.
Will the said amount (1.7) not get a toks yaris or matrix from cotonu a dese models are not on the high side?
If NO,
Then I'll keep saving to break the 2mil barrier.

I am not asking you to pre-order. What i am telling you is that A PROPERLY CLEARED TOKS WILL NOT FLY FOR YOUR BUDGET. Whether you pre-order or not, clearing is clearing.

Look into Cotonue option, but there is a highly likelihood that the full payment is not made. Just that you know.

Regards

Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by CrownV12(m): 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
emoch:
Hi house,
Sorry for your time

I really need advice on what car to buy as I'm not really too knowledgeable on certain things as regards car issue.

My max budget is 1.7million and I'm looking for cars from 2008 upwards.

Keypoints I'm looking for are: good fuel economy, not too expensive parts, and durabilty as I would be using it on Lagos roads.

Presently I'm eyeing a yaris, matrix or the camry...however I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks much in advance for ur intelligent responses
Get 1.900 and a free day... We will get you a good 2008 corolla or 2007 camry from cotonou with clearing.. Very sound one!. For more info contact 7952feda
Re: Pls Advise On Which Car To Get by isha99: 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
Send me or post ur whatsapp no. 4 the pics

Toks 2008 Toyota Camry - 2.2M / Registered 1999 Model Honda CRV For Sale In PH@570k,call John 08067880681 / 2007/2008 Toyota Camry LE **USA Direct/tokunbo** :: - N2.1m