Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

What is love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What is love (1056 Views)

'white Garment' Prophet Dies While Having Sex With Church Member's Wife / Saints And Sinners / Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is love by bingbagbo(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
What is love
Re: What is love by Preciousgirl(f): 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
4.Rita Edem Adjah

What is love
Re: What is love by Dohgon(m): 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
bingbagbo:
What is love

Love is a measure or ones Desire towards someone or something thing. Love can be positive or negative, conscious or unconscious
Re: What is love by shadeyinka(m): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
Dohgon:

Love is a measure or ones Desire towards someone or something thing. Love can be positive or negative, conscious or unconscious
bingbagbo:
What is love

Love is most times confused with the emotions of love.

Love is NOT an emotion.

LOVE is a firm CHOICE to unconditionally build and cherish the life of the other person.

The attributes of love is well described in 1Cor 12: 1-13

For you to comprehend this, let me give you an example.

Do you think your mum loves you?
If Yes!, do you think she is feeling some emotion about you right now?
If you won a Jackpot of N400 million Naira, how happy do you think your Mum will be?
Do you think your Mum could pray that you will be 200 time greater and more successful than she would ever be?

If you had HIV with AIDS: would your mum disown you?
If you were arrested for fraud/419 and went to prison for 10 years, do you think your Mum will move on with her life and forget you?

Now, if you had your own child, would you do exactly as your mum would have done for you in the same position?

If you understand this, you will understand why love is not an emotion but a choice to unconditionally build the life of the other person.
Re: What is love by Dohgon(m): 12:33am On Jan 08, 2018
shadeyinka:

Love is most times confused with the emotions of love.

Love is NOT an emotion.

LOVE is a firm CHOICE to unconditionally build and cherish the life of the other person.

The attributes of love is well described in 1Cor 12: 1-13

For you to comprehend this, let me give you an example.

Do you think your mum loves you?
If Yes!, do you think she is feeling some emotion about you right now?
If you won a Jackpot of N400 million Naira, how happy do you think your Mum will be?
Do you think your Mum could pray that you will be 200 time greater and more successful than she would ever be?

If you had HIV with AIDS: would your mum disown you?
If you were arrested for fraud/419 and went to prison for 10 years, do you think your Mum will move on with her life and forget you?

Now, if you had your own child, would you do exactly as your mum would have done for you in the same position?

If you understand this, you will understand why love is not an emotion but a choice to unconditionally build the life of the other person.

Love is indeed an emotion. I know with my previous explanation someone would say, “what about love between a parent and a child, is that Desirous?”. No, it’s not Desirous because it’s under the influence of your Conscience.

The default “driver” of human nature is Desire. But Desire left unmanaged will lead to corruption and self destruction. The only regulator of our Desires is our Conscience (the Spiritual Essence within us). It is that Spiritual essence that we use to discern Right from Wrong and to develop morals to live by. Religion was supposed to conquer Desire but as we see by all the corruption and violence in the world, that is failing.

Love between a parent and a child, sister and brother, or any other non-sexual conditions is “managed emotion”. Love begins in the Mind then travel to the Heart where it builds strength. That is why Love is associated with the Heart because that’s where we feel it. If Love remains under the full influence of our Conscience it stays and reciprocates back and forth between the Heart and the Mind. Desire under different conditions such as between man and woman we let strong emotion go further down to the Groin to generate Lust.
Re: What is love by shadeyinka(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2018
Dohgon:

Love is indeed an emotion. I know with my previous explanation someone would say, “what about love between a parent and a child, is that Desirous?”. No, it’s not Desirous because it’s under the influence of your Conscience.

The default “driver” of human nature is Desire. But Desire left unmanaged will lead to corruption and self destruction. The only regulator of our Desires is our Conscience (the Spiritual Essence within us). It is that Spiritual essence that we use to discern Right from Wrong and to develop morals to live by. Religion was supposed to conquer Desire but as we see by all the corruption and violence in the world, that is failing.

Love between a parent and a child, sister and brother, or any other non-sexual conditions is “managed emotion”. Love begins in the Mind then travel to the Heart where it builds strength. That is why Love is associated with the Heart because that’s where we feel it. If Love remains under the full influence of our Conscience it stays and reciprocates back and forth between the Heart and the Mind. Desire under different conditions such as between man and woman we let strong emotion go further down to the Groin to generate Lust.
I am hearing some terms for the first time (Managed Emotion). What you described isn't Love but a feeling of emotion.

From you writeup I can say with 90% certainty that you are NOT married. Pls correct me.

I Ernestly Love my Wife but I seldom feel the "Emotions of Love" which characterized when I first saw her (the goose pimples, the "I can't sleep cause I'm thinking of you, the heart racing up, etc).

I think you should also distinguish between infatuation and love because the emotional response is the same.

Most people confuse the emotions of love with love itself and hence, they suggest divorce just because the emotions of love are diminished.

The Love between a husband and wife is just an augmented form of the love between Parent and Child.

BTW there are three aspects of Love
1. Emotional and Sensual
2. Fratanity
3. Unconditional

But take it from me: Love isn't an Emotion
No kind of Emotion can be sustained by any Human for a Month straight (except when the target is unattainable).

How do I know that I know that I love my wife?
By feeling? No!
By the fact that I will sacrifice all my life and possessions so that she would be happy, fulfilled and great in life.

Peace to you friend
Re: What is love by shadeyinka(m): 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
shadeyinka:

How do I know that I know that I love my wife?
By feeling? No!
By the fact that I will sacrifice all my life and possessions so that she would be happy, fulfilled and great in life.

Peace to you friend
Love is like volition. It is often tested.
How can a guy say to a girl "I love you" only for him to backtrack because the girl became disfigured by hot oil?

Love will stay irrespective of what happens to the girl.
Re: What is love by bingbagbo(m): 10:55pm On Jan 11, 2018
LOve is a person, and his name is Jesus Christ

(1) (Reply)

Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed / Happy Maulud To All Muslims. / Rabbi Jonathan Cahn: Biblical Warnings In Obama Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.