Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed (1063 Views)

3 Things Jesus Never Said / Historical Researcher Michael Paulkovich Claimed 'jesus Never Existed' / Jesus Never Died, Said Myles Munroe The Occultist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 25, 2014
[size=15pt]'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a 'mythical character'[/size]

- Writer Michael Paulkovich has claimed that there is little evidence for a person known as Jesus existing in history
- Jesus is thought to have lived from about 7BC to 33AD in the Roman Empire
- However Paulkovich says he found little to no mention of the supposed messiah in 126 texts written in the first to third centuries
- Only one mention of Jesus was present, in a book by Roman historian Josephus Flavius, but he says this was added by later editors
- He says this is surprising despite the ‘alleged worldwide fame’ of Jesus
- And this has led him to believe that Jesus was a 'mythical character'

Historical researcher Michael Paulkovich has claimed that Jesus of Nazareth was a ‘mythical character’ and never existed.

The controversial discovery was apparently made after he found no verifiable mention of Christ from 126 writers during the ‘time of Jesus’ from the first to third centuries.

He says he is a fictional character invented by followers of Christianity to create a figure to worship.

The 126 texts he studied were all written in the period during or soon after the supposed existence of Jesus, when Paulkovich says they would surely have heard of someone as famous as Jesus - but none mention him.

'When I consider those 126 writers, all of whom should have heard of Jesus but did not - and Paul and Marcion and Athenagoras and Matthew with a tetralogy of opposing Christs, the silence from Qumram and Nazareth and Bethlehem, conflicting Bible stories, and so many other mysteries and omissions - I must conclude that Christ is a mythical character,’ he writes.

‘"Jesus of Nazareth" was nothing more than urban (or desert) legend, likely an agglomeration of several evangelic and deluded rabbis who might have existed.’

Of the writings he examined, written from the first to third centuries, he found only one book that contained a mention of Jesus - The Jewish Wars by the Roman historian Josephus Flavius written in 95 CE, but he claims it is fabricated.

Paulkovich says the mentions of Jesus were added later by editors, not by Josephus.

Even in the Bible Paulkovich says Paul, often credited with spreading what would become Christianity, never refers to Jesus as a real person.

‘Paul is unaware of the virgin mother, and ignorant of Jesus' nativity, parentage, life events, ministry, miracles, apostles, betrayal, trial and harrowing passion,’ he writes.

‘Paul knows neither where nor when Jesus lived, and considers the crucifixion metaphorical.’

The 126 texts Paulkovich studied (shown here) were all written in the period during or soon after the supposed existence of Jesus, when Paulkovich says they would surely have heard of someone as famous as Jesus - but none mention him, leading the writer to conclude he is a 'mythical character' invented later.

He also says that silence from Jesus himself is telling, with no personal accounts being written.

‘Perhaps the most bewildering "silent one" is the mythical super-savior himself, Jesus the Son of God ostensibly sent on a suicide mission to save us from the childish notion of "Adam's Transgression" as we learn from Romans,’ he says.

‘The Jesus character is a phantom of a wisp of a personage who never wrote anything. So, add one more: 127.’

He continues: ‘Christian father Marcion of Pontus in 144 CE denied any virgin birth or childhood for Christ - Jesus' infant circumcision was thus a lie, as well as the crucifixion!

‘Reading the works of second century Christian father Athenagoras, one never encounters the word Jesus (or Ἰησοῦς or Ἰησοῦν, as he would have written) - Athenagoras was thus unacquainted with the name of his savior it would seem.’

And he claims even the book of Mark in the Bible, which contains the story of Christ’s resurrection, was doctored later on.

‘The original booklet given the name "Mark" ended at 16:8, later forgers adding the fanciful resurrection tale,’ he says.

‘Millions should have heard of the Jesus "crucifixion" with its astral enchantments: zombie armies and meteorological marvels recorded not by any historian, but only in the dubitable scriptures scribbled decades later by superstitious yokels.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2776194/Jesus-never-existed-Writer-finds-no-mention-Christ-126-historical-texts-says-mythical-character.html#ixzz3MtXPvZi0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by holatin(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2014
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by malvisguy212: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2014
[color=][/color] where do the historian get the B.C and A.D from
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 25, 2014
malvisguy212:
where do the historian get the B.C and A.D from

He got it from the same place you got it from.
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2014
is zat so
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Weah96: 1:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
malvisguy212:
where do the historian get the B.C and A.D from

The Anno Domini dating system was devised in 525 by Dionysius Exiguus to enumerate the years in his Easter table. His system was to replace the Diocletian era that had been used in an old Easter table because he did not wish to continue the memory of a tyrant who persecuted Christians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini

1 Like

Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2014
No surprised... The bible had already predicted this...
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by philfearon(m): 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
Any person who could think with his brain knows that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is a joke and a Hoax..

1 Like

Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Weah96: 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
DrPaulB:
No surprised... The bible had already predicted this...

Must have been a LUCKY prediction because many other predictions have proved to be FALSE.
Like this one:

Matthew 16:28

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, [size=16pt]which shall not taste of death[/size], till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
Weah96:

Must have been a LUCKY prediction because many other predictions have proved to be FALSE.
Like this one:

Matthew 16:28

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, [size=16pt]which shall not taste of death[/size], till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

U sound Islamic... What U don't understand in the bible, don't and never try 2 interprete
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by uzoexcel(m): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hmmmm is all I can say
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by iamord(m): 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
I believe that he did exist, but there are a lot of false stories given about the actually christ,but what strikes me is the fact that other gods have come before his era and were similar to him! Still learning
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
^^But if he existed how come nobody wrote a single word about him till around 100 AD? That's like nobody writing a word about Mandela till the year 2065!!
Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Laird(m): 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2014

Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Weah96: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
Laird:
MY FRIENDS BROTHER GAVE A CAR TO A FRIEND TO DRIVE WHO CRASHED THE CAR AND.MY FRIENDS BROTHER WENT INTO COMA AND JESUS TOLD HIM THINGS....JESUS IS REAL

I find the testimony of comatose people unreliable. It's the dead people who have the information.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Researcher Says Jesus Never Existed by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2014
Some idiots will come here to attack ur finding. i wonder how will someone like jesus will pass this earth & his name will not be found in more than 100 historian books

(1) (Reply)

Is D Water We Drink Same As D One Used 2 Destroy D World During Noah's Time? / I Saw Bishop Oyedepo And Numerous Others In Hell. Jihadists Also In Hell. / Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.