Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Nas And Nelly In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas And Nelly In Nigeria (2996 Views)

Nas And Damien Marley - Sabali Video!---- Truth! / Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L / Nas And Jay-z Mason's Theory Interesting Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by iz2much: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2008
Nas and Nelly for wins the vote to perform for this year Star Mega SHow
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2008
If this is true, hopefully they will actually turn up
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2008
Its true, they are coming thru star mega jam! Omo, i must go there jor! I gats see Nelly baba!
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by tosinadeda: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2008
Wetin nelly wan come do
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by aloraboi: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2008
make him come sing body on me tongue
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by smile4kenn(m): 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2008
Double Grammy award winner, Cornell Haynes, popularly known as Nelly and self-appointed "King of New York," Nasir Jones, popularly known as Nas, are the two international artistes to perform at the 2008 edition of the popular Star Mega Jam, the international music concert sponsored by Star Lager Beer.

Both headliners were overwhelmingly chosen by Nigerian music lovers for the 9th edition of the event which is slated to hold on Friday, December 12, in Lagos and Saturday, December 13 in Abuja with remote broadcast in Akure and Lokoja.

Nelly and Nas are very excited to be part of the eight-year-old biggest music concert in Africa which has so far thrilled Nigerian music lovers with Shaggy Bombastic, Awilo Longomba, Usher Raymond, Koffi Olomide, 50 Cent, Jay Rule, Kelvin Little, LL Cool J, Akon, Kanye West and T-Pain.

They would be joined by the best of the best of Nigerian music superstars. The parade includes P-Square, D Banj, 9ice, Timaya, Face and Olu Maintain amongst others.

According to Ageni Yusuf, Corporate Affairs Adviser, Nigerian Breweries Plc, having consistently entertained Nigerian music fans for the past eight years, Star is taking the concert a step higher by introducing simultaneous broadcast to ensure that consumers in other regions also feel the excitement.

Nelly, an unknown rapper from a sleepy Midwestern metropolis stunned the recording industry in 2000, selling over a quarter of a million copies of his debut album, Country Grammar during its first week of release.

The spirited rapper from St. Louis, Missouri quickly proved his star potential with follow up singles, E.I and Ride Wit Me, on an album that would go on to sell 9 million copies.

Out of the gate, the staying power of this breakout artist from the Midwest was underestimated by coastal critics, a naïve assumption that Nelly would easily overcome.

Two years later, his sophomore album, Nellyville, established his widespread appeal, selling six million albums and earning him two Grammy for the Singles, Hot in Herre and Dilemma.

Nas, the son of Jazz musician, Olu Dara, beginning with his classic debut, IIImatic in 1994, stood tall for years as one of New York City's leading rap voices, outspokenly expressing a righteous, self-empowered swagger that endeared him to critics and hip hop purists.

Whether proclaiming himself "Nasty Nas" or "Nas Escobar" or "Nastradamus" or "God's Son," the self-appointed King of New York battled numerous adversaries for his position atop the epicenter of East Coast rap, none more challenging than Jay Z, who vied with Nas for the vacated throne left in the wake of the Notorious B.I.G's 1997 assassination.
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by shotster50(m): 1:42am On Nov 18, 2008
Nas is the truth but Nelly is wack. What the hell , they shoulda called in Souljah Boy or better yet Mims.
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by smile4kenn(m): 6:12am On Nov 18, 2008
Nelly is not wack,
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by shotster50(m): 7:18am On Nov 18, 2008
Country Grammar was cool but he is hot garbage right now. He can't even move units to save his life right now. Listening to his new album (Brass Knuckles) and all I can do is skip.
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by frijos(m): 9:28am On Nov 18, 2008
I think we'd have a great show come Dec. 12
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by revenge(m): 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2008
cool grin Yes i pray may it be Nas yess, Goddsoon in naija for tha 2nd time , big upxxx Star mega jam una too much ooo

welll Nelly sef , welcome to africa ooo
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by geolabious(m): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2008
[size=13pt]You are welcome[/size]
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by TOYOSI20(f): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2008
shotster50:

Nas is the truth but Nelly is wack. What the hell , they shoulda called in Souljah Boy or better yet Mims.

Tell 'em,. . . . . . wink
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2008
Does anyone know how much the show would cost?
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by sniperwolf(m): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2008
Both artist will be performing at the Star Mega Jamz at Polo Club for just N500
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2008
shotster50:

if you think people are feeling souljah boy in Naija, you're a big joke. . . souljah boi ko, police boi ni
mims? abeg no way. . . after his 'dis is why am hot' which beta song him don sing? abeg nelly and nas na nice combination jare! cheesy
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by sunnykiss(m): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2008
The show is just 500 naira , very cheeap, oooo

thank you Nigerian brwerries, enough star beer for us that day ooo, to see Nas  and Nelly with just 500 naira , bless ur heart  STAR not like this day award show , them be greedy people, this day award are self centered, damm buck them , !!!!!!!!!! cool
shocked
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by tosinadeda: 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2008
Souljah who?
Nonsense
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by princesa(f): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2008
why isnt any foreign female musician added sad
atleast thatwould have made me have an interest cool
oh well
dahhhhhhhhhh undecided
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by shotster50(m): 1:15am On Nov 26, 2008
@ Jassie,

If you read my comments well you will find I was only being sarcastic. I put Nelly in the same boat as these two guys.
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by lalaboi(m): 1:18am On Nov 26, 2008
wetn nelly dey sing gan?? waste of money!

nas will be welcomed anytime anyday!
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 02, 2019
princesa:
why isnt any foreign female musician added sad
atleast thatwould have made me have an interest cool
oh well
dahhhhhhhhhh undecided
Princesa,so u don dey for nairaland over 10 years now,u try o
Re: Nas And Nelly In Nigeria by princesa(f): 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2019
francesco01:

Princesa,so u don dey for nairaland over 10 years now,u try o

No be today we don dey do internet hustle oh. But now e Don dey pay wink

(1) (Reply)

Official Oliver Twist - D'banj - Download Here! / 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life / Saheed Osupa Ft. 2face- Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.