Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,716 members, 7,955,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

Rodgers To ‘deal With’ Balotelli - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rodgers To ‘deal With’ Balotelli (629 Views)

Rodgers To Stay As Liverpool Coach / Mourinho Reveals ‘funny Problems’ With Balotelli / Sola Aiyepeku Tells Brendan Rodgers To Do The Wise Thing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rodgers To ‘deal With’ Balotelli by oziefrancis: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2014
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has pledged to deal with Mario Balotelli after the Italian striker exchanged shirts with Real Madrid defender Pepe at half-time-with the Reds trailing the European champions 3-0 at Anfield.

Balotelli was seen swapping jerseys with Pepe as the pair headed down the tunnel, after Real had raced into a 3-0 lead thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo and two goals from Karim Benzema.

The controversial forward was replaced at the interval by Adam Lallana and, after being made aware of the footage by the media, Rodgers vowed to take action.

Rodgers told Sky Sports: “That’s the first I’ve heard about it and I wouldn’t like it,”

“It’s something that doesn’t happen here, it shouldn’t happen here.

“We had a case of a player doing that last season, which I dealt with, and if that’s the case again then I’ll deal with it again.”

Balotelli, who was expected to be dropped, made a suprise start but continued his indifferent form and did not emerge from the tunnel for the second half.

Rodgers insists the change was purely tactical but Balotelli remains on just the single one goal he has scored since joining from AC Milan in the summer.

And the Reds boss bemoaned yet more defensive errors, which have left them in a difficult situation in Group B ahead of away ties at Real Madrid and Ludogorets.

“I felt we needed a bit more intensity and I thought Adam Lallana came on and did very well,” Rodgers said.

“We made an excellent start for the first 20 minutes but after they got that first goal, they showed their quality.

“We defended poorly on one or two of the goals but I can’t ask for any more – we probably needed to get a goal in that opening period.

“In the second half we were playing for pride, the players kept going, they didn’t stop – they were playing against a top-quality team.

“We’ll look at it and learn but we were punished by a top-class side.”

SOURCE: www.naijaballer.com

Re: Rodgers To ‘deal With’ Balotelli by Yustash001(m): 9:45am On Oct 23, 2014
Lolz.....balotelli....rude guy...

(1) (Reply)

Where Would The Cup Be Kept / Fernando Torres And The Law Of Diminishing Returns / Super Bowl XLIX Champions!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.