Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,718 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting (5947 Views)

Nissan Primera P11-144 CVT Not Selecting Properly Codes P0325 and P1777 / My Camry Gear Not Selecting / Have You Changed Your Gearbox Before? Please Tell Me Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 12:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
Background to the problem:

I changed my Gear oil using the recommended ATF fluid by Toyota for camry 98 (dextron III) and the filter was also serviced last week. Before changing the fluid i do not have any problem whatsoever. I changed it because i have not change it since i bought the car (a year plus).

Now the Problem:

After changing the gear oil with Oando ATF dextron III, i noticed when ever i accelerate, the gear will not change/select until i release my leg from the accelerator. Once i release my leg from the accelerator, the gear will change immediately and the car will start selecting normally. But once i slow down again, the car will not change to another gear until i release my leg from the accelerator.

Please Solutions:

Please what could be the solution to this problem, i took the car for scanning, noting was detected. everything seems okay according to the guy that scan the car for me.

Kindly help me out guys. Sincerely, i am not happy with this development grin.

Thanks in advance...
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
need your help guys....
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by mayor2013: 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
You never had your transmission serviced not until after a year you later decided to service it using oando dextron111. Go and flush out that oando dextron3 and get another dextron 3 transmission oil. Although I wouldn't recommend any for you but you have google as a freind to guide you through. Have had people complain about oando transmission oil. Just last 2 weeks a man did a lube service for his pathfinder 2005 after some days you need to see the sludges that was found in his engine. I would advice you stop driving the car for now

1 Like

Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by senator2k9(m): 1:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
Bro, ur gear is supposed to change atleast wen ur car gets to 3000rpm, if it exceeds 4000rpm n it dnt change den u knw sth is wrong, so be more elaborate and tell us how far ur rpm goes n d gear don't select......and does this happen only at start up or with all d gears while driving..thanks
@ mayor, I agree with u....I've been using sea horse dextron III and its working well on same 1999 camry
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
mayor2013:
You never had your transmission serviced not until after a year you later decided to service it using oando dextron111. Go and flush out that oando dextron3 and get another dextron 3 transmission oil. Although I wouldn't recommend any for you but you have google as a freind to guide you through. Have had people complain about oando transmission oil. Just last 2 weeks a man did a lube service for his pathfinder 2005 after some days you need to see the sludges that was found in his engine. I would advice you stop driving the car for now

Thanks for your contribution. Will look into that.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
senator2k9:
Bro, ur gear is supposed to change atleast wen ur car gets to 3000rpm, if it exceeds 4000rpm n it dnt change den u knw sth is wrong, so be more elaborate and tell us how far ur rpm goes n d gear don't select......and does this happen only at start up or with all d gears while driving..thanks
@ mayor, I agree with u....I've been using sea horse dextron III and its working well on same 1999 camry

this happen only at start up, once i release my leg from the accelerator, it will change and continue changing until i slow down before i start experiencing it again I also want to inform you that the car was parked at home for almost 3 months even when in used, it was only drive from home to school which is not even up to a kilometer.

Thanks
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by senator2k9(m): 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
There is a fuse in d fusebox that contols the gear selection also, pls get it checked....I once had same problem and it was solved wen my re-wire changed dat fuse..
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
senator2k9:
There is a fuse in d fusebox that contols the gear selection also, pls get it checked....I once had same problem and it was solved wen my re-wire changed dat fuse..

okay. Will work on that sir.....
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
?
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
gateleo:
Background to the problem:

I changed my Gear oil using the recommended ATF fluid by Toyota for camry 98 (dextron III) and the filter was also serviced last week. Before changing the fluid i do not have any problem whatsoever. I changed it because i have not change it since i bought the car (a year plus).

Now the Problem:

After changing the gear oil with Oando ATF dextron III, i noticed when ever i accelerate, the gear will not change/select until i release my leg from the accelerator. Once i release my leg from the accelerator, the gear will change immediately and the car will start selecting normally. But once i slow down again, the car will not change to another gear until i release my leg from the accelerator.

Please Solutions:

Please what could be the solution to this problem, i took the car for scanning, noting was detected. everything seems okay according to the guy that scan the car for me.

Kindly help me out guys. Sincerely, i am not happy with this development grin.

Thanks in advance...

Was any adjustment made to to the kickdown cable? [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSASeJlky2ISBTqnE8jTpiXHMmsud4pl50NI9idsn9R5I9Qe88vV42__hpc[/img]

If yes please readjust, it might be too taut.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Was any adjustment made to to the kickdown cable? [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSASeJlky2ISBTqnE8jTpiXHMmsud4pl50NI9idsn9R5I9Qe88vV42__hpc[/img]

If yes please readjust, it might be too taut.

any adjustment was not made to the kickdown cable!!!
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
gateleo:

any adjustment was not made to the kickdown cable!!!

Take a pic of the cable and upload.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Take a pic of the cable and upload.

Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
@Gazzuzz, i got a clearer picture below

Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=gateleo post=27391076][/quote]

Unsrew it comletely and drive the car
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Unsrew it comletely and drive the car

please how do you mean boss, should i remove all the screw or what, Kindly explain better
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
gateleo:

please how do you mean boss, should i remove all the screw or what, Kindly explain better

Remove the kickdown cable from the throttle body. (Disconnect) let it hang. Drive and see if problem persists.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by sultaan(m): 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Remove the kickdown cable from the throttle body. (Disconnect) let it hang. Drive and see if problem persists.

Why do that? That was not a problem prior to using the Oando will rather suggest you focus on what was changed by checking your fluid level.

I thought Oando was labelled dex II. Remember you are using something that could be substandard so I'd you can get a better brand. I am not sure Oando brand is certified to any standard post a pic of both front and back label of the package if you can

If you check the spec sheet on their site is say Dex II no too on Dex III car
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
sultaan:

Why do that? That was not a problem prior to using the Oando will rather suggest you focus on what was changed by checking your fluid level.

I thought Oando was labelled dex II. Remember you are using something that could be substandard so I'd you can get a better brand. I am not sure Oando brand is certified to any standard post a pic of both front and back label of the package if you can

What's the worst that could happen? It take 10secs to remove the cable.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
sultaan:

My manual says use dextron III which I have been using before this problem started. Oando have both dextron I I and III. As for the ATF level, the level is okay.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by sooperrescue(m): 2:14am On Oct 25, 2014
It is not the ATF. Oando Dexron 111 is one of the best in the market. Initially I thought you used Seahorse. Did your mechanic remove the gear sump while changing the old oil? Let him drain the oil again and remove the sump and check if your gear filter is still in order. If it is still good, let him wash the filter and the sump and put the magnets in their right spots and flush the remaining oil in the torque converter. Then your car will bounce back to life. Oando Dexron 111 is one of the best in the country. The guy whose friend serviced his pathfinder and complained of sludge should ask his friend if the engine was flushed before pouring in the new oil. What grade of oil was used on the car? Pathfinder is supposed to be serviced with Synthetic oil.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 25, 2014
sultaan:

Oando now has Dexron III ATF. And it a good ATF.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 25, 2014
sooperrescue:
It is not the ATF. Oando Dexron 111 is one of the best in the market. Initially I thought you used Seahorse. Did your mechanic remove the gear sump while changing the old oil? Let him drain the oil again and remove the sump and check if your gear filter is still in order. If it is still good, let him wash the filter and the sump and put the magnets in their right spots and flush the remaining oil in the torque converter. Then your car will bounce back to life. Oando Dexron 111 is one of the best in the country. The guy whose friend serviced his pathfinder and complained of sludge should ask his friend if the engine was flushed before pouring in the new oil. What grade of oil was used on the car? Pathfinder is supposed to be serviced with Synthetic oil.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
sooperrescue:

Ok
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 9:24am On Oct 29, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

I removed the kickdown cable from the throttle body yet it wouldn't select until I release my leg from the accelerator.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
gateleo:

I removed the kickdown cable from the throttle body yet it wouldn't select until I release my leg from the accelerator.

Check do a live system scan check tps angle (%) when idle.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
I had a similar challenge with my gear. my car is 2000 sienna. any time i drive from rest, the gear change from 1 to 2 delayed for like 2 secs at most. if i dont want that, i reduce the pressure on d gas pedal.
this is what i did, there is a cable below the throttle cable, i traced it to the transmission, somehow i knew that cable controlled d timely selection of gears, i unscrewed the nuts and moved them towards the beginning of the flexi-cable and tightened it. That solved it.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 8:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Check do a live system scan check tps angle (%) when idle.

Thanks GAZZUZZ, I scanned the car a week ago but noting was detected. Is the live system scan different from the normal car scan we do?
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 8:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
chiebube:
I had a similar challenge with my gear. my car is 2000 sienna. any time i drive from rest, the gear change from 1 to 2 delayed for like 2 secs at most. if i dont want that, i reduce the pressure on d gas pedal.
this is what i did, there is a cable below the throttle cable, i traced it to the transmission, somehow i knew that cable controlled d timely selection of gears, i unscrewed the nuts and moved them towards the beginning of the flexi-cable and tightened it. That solved it.

Thanks bros, will look into that and report back
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:59am On Oct 30, 2014
gateleo:

Thanks GAZZUZZ, I scanned the car a week ago but noting was detected. Is the live system scan different from the normal car scan we do?

Live scan gives detailed info of components.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 30, 2014
Hi Gateleo, giving you an update.

My gears 1-2-3-4 change very well. No hesitation at all. The challenge i had with gear 1 to 2 transition has stopped. The ride puts with great energy.
Re: Ugent Help: Gearbox Not Selecting by gateleo(m): 9:23am On Oct 30, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Live scan gives detailed info of components.

Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prevalence Of Wrong Auto Diagnostics In Nigeria / Nissan To Recall Over 17,000 Units Of Infiniti QX30 / Happy World Car Awards Takes Centre Stage This April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.