Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Music - A Food One Can't Do Without. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Music - A Food One Can't Do Without. (575 Views)

I Am A Moslem But I Can't Do Without... / Is Rap Music A Sin? / Is 'gospel Rap music' a Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music - A Food One Can't Do Without. by vickyO(f): 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Many Christians believe one must listen solely to gospel music as it facilitates a closer bond between a believer and God. It's true but I believe it will result in a poor nourishment of the soul as music is food for the soul.

If you eat only protein you're at risk of developing 'kwashiokor' and it also applies to other classes of food.

At a recent birthday party of a one year old, it was announced that it was dancing time and Skales' shake body was blaring (it has a very catchy intro). My eyes caught a little girl who was barely one dancing enthusiastically to the beat of the music. Then I realized that music transcends age, culture, ethnicity or wealth, it appeals to all (though preference differs).

We have three major types of Music, namely:
» Gospel
» Secular and
» Worldy

Gospel is one every Christian can relate to as it speaks about what we AS BELIEVERS are familiar with - God.

On the other hand, there lies a thin line between secular and worldly music which many Christians have failed to distinguish.

Secular music is one every Christian can relate to as it borders on issues we AS HUMANS can attest to. They include issues like: love, sympathy, loss, hope, regrets, wishes, heart break,fun and others.

Worldly music is one every Christian can not relate to as it borders on issues involving illicit sex, drugs, and many vain things (that is things that are not constant in our lives as Christians).

Listening attentively to the lyrics of songs enables you distinguish between what is suitable and what is not as Christians.

It's good we Christians benefit from different genres of Music, e.g. Country, pop, rock, soul, et cetera. On your wedding day, you'd love to play something that enhances the celebration mood, on a romance cruise you'd love to play something that facilitates romance (e.g. Songs of Solomon wink), if you're in a happy mood, you could play something like 9ice's no be mistake and the list is endless.

Don't deny yourself the benefit of nourishing your soul with healthy music (as there are junk music), your soul will thank you...
Re: Music - A Food One Can't Do Without. by Debeloved87(m): 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ok commenting later
Re: Music - A Food One Can't Do Without. by JEITO: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
The word is:"if music be the food of love, play on" it has nothing to do with music making one fat or develop kwashiokor.
Re: Music - A Food One Can't Do Without. by ayobase(m): 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
most of the religious songs we have now are not deep either....2 much bling and prada with collections of bo.obs and bo.oties for purpose of appeal.

Give me, Osadebe, Ray Charles, Oliver De Coupe, Frank Sinatra, Dinah Washington, Etta James, Lagbaja, Asa, Beautifuk Nubia, KSA, Lauryn Hill, Sarah Vaughn, the Apala Singers, the Juju singers and some Fuji singers, Betty Wright, the Lumineers, Norah Jones, Roy Chicago, Tmim Dakolo, R&B singers, .................

as for gospel artists, I still parade the old schools with few new ones that have quality beat and ........ Ayo ni o (C&S), Sinach, Samsong, Funmi Aragbaye, Niyi Adedokun, Ojo Ade, Frank Edward, Olufunmi, Shola, Mike Aremu, Ayewa, K'ore, Lara George, Bola Are, Flo, Tim Godfrey and the likes........ South African artists

as for worldly music.....almost 99% of Naija afro hip-hop artists are......no point calling names.....from shallow lyrical content to the video of explicit content......no thanks to our gels.

op, try change ur topic to something more catchy.....

#puts back his earpiece. continue listening to shake body by skales#

that song na die.....alarm must ring o.
Re: Music - A Food One Can't Do Without. by vickyO(f): 8:08am On Oct 24, 2014
JEITO:
The word is:"if music be the food of love, play on" it has nothing to do with music making one fat or develop kwashiokor.

That's not the context I put it in...

(1) (Reply)

Empty Eggs / How God Works / Things About Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.