Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Is Rap Music A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rap Music A Sin? (1086 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / Is Sport Betting A Sin? / Music: A Life Of Praise ~ D.tee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rap Music A Sin? by lastchild: 7:18am On Apr 14, 2015
I've been very close to God recently,though not by choice but by force,am now friends with pastors which I don't like

Now my mixtape is almost ready,about to drop,last night I was chatting with a female friend in church and she quoted one of my lyrics that is inspiring,she even used it for her whatsapp status,but she said this my rap career won't be accepted by MFM

Now do you think rap music is a sin?If it is let me start making arrangement of leaving christianity because I don't rap just for money,I do it for fun(hobby)and it all started when I was a toddler,so I aint ready to quit

Note:you can't hear any fowl language in this new mixtape
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 14, 2015
We have been so deluded we now see everything as sin. Rap is not a sin, the lyrics are.. Mind ur lyrics, then you're good to go. TbOne raps in frank Edwards songs..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by teemanbastos(m): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2015
lol... DLBC,MFM REJECTS IT.

1 Like

Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by driand(m): 7:56am On Apr 14, 2015
Nothing wrong with rap music, what you should care about it your lyrics.
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 14, 2015
In great exception with the opinion of that dude above my post....Rap music is so wrong when you listen to the wrong genre of rap songs,music is one of the force that control human imagination,inspiration and thought but under utilized and so when you listen to people like lil wayne,rick ross, 2chanz and likes that feeds you nothing but crap then your reflection of thought(s) would be hooked to such crap but when you listen to intelligent underground rappers who take about conscious stuff,your would have a different view of life,putting you brain to constant thinking leaving you intelligent and outspoken...you might even dump your religion lol
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by StarMogul(m): 10:39am On Apr 14, 2015
Dude rap is not a sin there r so many christain rappers out there doing their thing,just like triplee or even lacrea.These r all amazing rappers.Do wat u got to do make sure u inspire not expire.#truth
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by lastchild: 1:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Am happy with the responds,thanks y'all
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by Againstallodds: 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
Use your rap to praise God, encourage the discouraged and put smile on the face of your fans. This way, you won't be committing sin.
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by emmyskies(m): 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
By the time we christians start seeing things from GOD's side, then we'll answer many questions.

First and foremost, we don't sing music to please ourselves. We sing to glorify GOD. This is why many people don't like gospel music because it is not their taste of music, despite it gives glory to GOD. New trend is tryna mix wordly with gospel.

Can you imagine the angels of GOD in heaven praising GOD in rap

1 Like

Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by lastchild: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
emmyskies:
By the time we christians start seeing things from GOD's side, then we'll answer many questions.

First and foremost, we don't sing music to please ourselves. We sing to glorify GOD. This is why many people don't like gospel music because it is not their taste of music, despite it gives glory to GOD. New trend is tryna mix wordly with gospel.

who knows if they are or not,afterall we are not in heaven to know
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by Againstallodds: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
lastchild:
who knows if they are or not,afterall we are not in heaven to know
good response
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 15, 2015
Againstallodds:
Use your rap to praise God, encourage the discouraged and put smile on the face of your fans. This way, you won't be committing sin.
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 15, 2015
Againstallodds:
exactly!!
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 15, 2015
emmyskies:

undecided
Re: Is Rap Music A Sin? by mstik(f): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2015
Depends on the lyriCs
LeCrae music is rap and gospel....

(1) (Reply)

As Seen In Benin This Morning... / A Short Theory On Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/03/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.