Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! (16383 Views)

MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Chionye(m): 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2006
Can somebody send me Vmobile GPRS Settings on LG U8130. My no. is 08025101305
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by geniusbami(m): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2006
I have two issues to put forward.

1. Vmobile has denied rolling out GPRS services, except Vmms. They told a friend, who wanted to be hooked up because I am, he cannot be hooked up yet because no one else has. And by the way, it was not possible for me to be browsing on my phone, they said.

2. I was able to actually enjoy browsing on my phone 24/7 until December 25, when I misplaced my sim card. I did Sim Swap, and since then, I've never been able to use the GPRS services. I send 'wapgprs' to 184, no way. I suppose they have successfully disabled my line.

Useful suggestions are welcome.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by namo(m): 6:16pm On Jan 13, 2006
can any one pleasssssssssse tell me how to set up vmobile gprs for my c2-3 sagem phone.i have tried everything and it is driving me craazzzzyy.i will really appreciate.in have sent 4 connection settings 184 n still tried manually but i guess i am missing something
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Lotuken(m): 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2006
Why not get connected to vmobile n enjoy the beauty of browsing via your phone.Send a text mesg to 184 n type wap GPRS.Good luck
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Aproffie: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2006
Please o people.I wonder if am the only one having problems with getting wap on my phone?
I use samsung D500. i sent wapgprs to 184 or even mmsgprs to 184 i got no useful reply.
Can anyone please post d manual settings........thanks
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by oyeleke(f): 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2006
yeah it's really cool cool
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by cushman(m): 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2006
@Aproffie, why not call the customer care line. They'll fix it for you pronto.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by oyeleke(f): 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2006
Hi i've done everything and i couldn't still browse, but whenever i put my elder sis sim which is MTN it accesses the network i dont know why.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by ghanaboy(m): 9:09pm On Feb 16, 2006
i hav a mot black razr v3 and tried to set up my gprs by sendind the usual txt. i got a reply 2 upgrade my wap browser but when i tried 2 do so, i was requested to enter an authentication pin. Anybody know what kind of pin that is?
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by afroking(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2006
I got the Vmobile settings but it doesnt work as in I get error message like NO Gateway Reply or the Page not Found! I'm using the first batch of ECONET Wireless Sims.!

I've deleted and saved the settings so many times I'm tired sef. Any Help wud be really appreciated!

I'm in Ikeja area of lagos
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Phonic(m): 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2006
I use motorolla C975 and it is not working on my phone I have visited the Vmobile ofice several times, they keep telling me to try it in the evening time, which I did it is not working, maybe my phone does not support that, I think so
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Zule(m): 4:15am On Mar 07, 2006
I am usinf MOT T720I and i have tried every thing i know to configure the settings but i couldn't browse.
Infact, any one with a solution
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by wormedup(m): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2006
Zule:

I am usinf MOT T720I and i have tried every thing i know to configure the settings but i couldn't browse.
Infact, any one with a solution

ur phone browses with wap 2.0 so just keep sending 'wapgprs2' to 184, they'll eventually send u the configuration settings. since it's free, u really have nothing to lose but a little time.

configuring it manually usually don't work because ur number has to be activated in their HLR (Home Location Register) before u can browse. but if u think u might get lucky, try the settings on their [url=http://www.vmobile-nigeria.com/wap%20settings.htm]"website"[/url].

Cheers.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by gentleone(f): 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2006
umm, i have it configured manually and cannot browse, i guess i have to send them sms.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by gentleone(f): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2006
i've sent the txt but vmobile is yet to reply
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Dupsybaby(f): 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2006
Hi seun,good works. wink, i just got a vmobile line and cant figure out all the GPRS settings on my phone.,probably you can help out maybe i need a different setting, newayz i use LG U8330 and would appreciate if u can help,
cheers man
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by sarahdawam(f): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2006
hi, i'm sarah, can i get the csd settings for vmobile. i am base in jos, handset model sendo s360, number 08028431870. thanks
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by dominobaby(f): 7:19pm On Mar 11, 2006
people, i just got ma Nokia 6020 configured automatically from vmobile on Monday! Woah!
And its been fun browsing Nairaland with it. I actually sent "wapgprs nokia 6020" and bingo! the setting came in and I save it with "0" as the pin.

Seun, how can i log on to Nairaland, there are no options for that when i get connected - http://wap.nairaland.com. Would love to sign in rather than just reading the text.

Heard that the free MMS and browsing services are free till end of March!
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Seun(m): 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2006
You haven't checked the the WAP 2.0 version. That's typical. Why do you think I have two versions? Because one has more features than the other! Try wap2.nairaland.com on your phone.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by ncpat(m): 2:23am On Mar 12, 2006
SEUN YOU ARE STILL GETTING IT WRONG WHEN YOU SAID TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE GPRS SIGNAL IS TO SEE THE ( G) SIGNAL IN YOUR PHONE LIKE NOKIA, EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE NOT CONFIGURE IT.THE TRUTH IS THAT IT DEPEND ON THE NETWORK, FOR E.G MTN AND GLO WHICH I KNOW THAT THEIR GPRS IS WIDE SPREAD THAN ANY OTHER NETWORK, IF YOU ARE USING MTN SIM IN NOKIA, YOU WILL SEE THE (G) SIGNAL WITHOUT ACTIVATE OR CONFIGURATION BUT IF YOU ARE USING THE SAME NOKIA WITH GLO SIM,YOU MUST FIRST ACTIVATE THE SIM FOR MOBILE INTERNET, THAT IS BY REQUISTING FOR THE GPRS SERVICE FROM GLO BEFORE YOU WILL NOW SEE THE GLO SIGNAL, I WOULD HAVE SAID YOU DO THE EXPERIMENT NOW BUT MTN IS HAVING PROBLEM WITH THEIR GPRS SERVICES, NOT ALL MTN SIM BROWSE FOR THE MOMENT BUT GET A NEW GLO SIM AND INSERT IT IN INTO A NOKIA SET AND YOU SEE THAT THERE WILL BE NO (G) SIGNAL UNTILL YOU WILL REQUIST AND WAIT FOR YOUR SIM TO BE ACTIVATED, SEE U.

Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by ncpat(m): 2:32am On Mar 12, 2006
I HEARD THAT VMOBILE GPRS SERVICE IS ONLY IN LAGOS, PLEASE DO ANY KNOW IF THE GPRS IS IN ABUJA TOO, PLEASE NOT CSD OR DIAL UP OH.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by wormedup(m): 8:46am On Mar 13, 2006
NEW RULES for Vmobile gprs settings.

Now vmobile says u have to send "wapgprs+phone make and model" to 184.

cheers y'all.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by wormedup(m): 8:47am On Mar 13, 2006
ncpat:

I HEARD THAT VMOBILE GPRS SERVICE IS ONLY IN LAGOS, PLEASE DO ANY KNOW IF THE GPRS IS IN ABUJA TOO, PLEASE NOT CSD OR DIAL UP OH.

u can always call there customer care to find out.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by dominobaby(f): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2006
Hey people, my second post via ma phone. Thanks Seun, been trying that wap2.nairaland.com you said but only got thru now. Is there any way we can use the short form of words when posting from our phones, am so used to them! Gosh! It took me donkey years to type the correct words.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by gentleone(f): 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2006
i finally got the settings on my phone after sending sms to 184 and i was able to browse nairaland on my phone! but it was unlike what i see when i log on using my desktop, i couldnt log in, only read through some posts. also,other sites like yahoo don't open, i get error messages like afroking said, page not found or no gateway connection.

@namo,geniusbami and others,
send an SMS with the text wapgprs with your phone make and model to 184. 
An SMS is received prompting the user to save the settings.
Example for Nokia 6260
Send 'wapgprs nokia 6260 to 184
http://www.vmobile-nigeria.com/wap%20settings.htm

@aproffie, call their customer service to inform them and then be patient, i got mine like two days after i sent the txt and called their customer service.

@ghanaboy, try 0 for the pin,check out http://www.vmobile-nigeria.com/wap%20settings.htm for more info.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by ncpat(m): 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2006
hey guys, do u people think any of our telecommunication operator can have gprs for nec phones?
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by dominobaby(f): 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2006
@ gentleone, i encountered same too wen i first started browsing. If u wnt 2 login, use: wap2.nairaland.com. This post is from my phone
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Aproffie: 6:13am On Mar 23, 2006
Thanks so much Seun et all. i was able to connect at last through the initial method of sending "wapgprs" to 184.

I just woke up one saturday morning mid Feb. and met my handset blinking as a result of a text msg from vmobile. It was there and then dat I discovered my line and phone were setup.

My browsing experience so far shows dat I cant have full access to secured sites, also

I cant use my line as a gateway to the internet via connection with a notebook.

For the mean time I just pride myself in getting uptodate sports stories and news from BBC while I can only view posts from nairaland forum

I will appreciate it, if I can be linked up with some other useful wapsites .

Thanks all, enjoy ur census break.
Aproffie(Lagos)
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by reality(m): 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2006
I want the setting of GPRS ON HAND SET [ SAGEM MY V-75] PHONE NUMBER 08028829020.
PLEASE I NEED IT.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by gentleone(f): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2006
@ gentleone, i encountered same too when i first started browsing. If u wnt 2 login, use: wap2.nairaland.com. This post is from my phone

thanks, i'll try that.
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by Christino(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2006
How do i use mig33 on my phone? Nwoke, can you help with that?
Re: Vmobile GPRS Settings: Send 'wapgprs' to 184! by sniy02(m): 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2006
Sannunku!!!
Am using Nokia 6630 and am a subscriber to Vmobile .I requested for mmsgprs and wapgprs by sending two different sms to 184.Instantly I got the wap setting and Vmms setting some ours later.
The next day I got two different sms that welcome me to the V mobile gprs and mms respectively.
In a nut shell, I later discover that when ever I try to browse,the phone shows no packet data available!!So please I want to know if it takes some time or its a technical problem.
Am frm Kano. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? / Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse / See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.