Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:02 AM

MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (406835 Views)

Opera Mini 4.2 Configuration|settings / Mtn Configuration Settings For Nokia 6233 / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Angelgirl(f): 11:39am On May 27, 2005
MTN Nigeria's GPRS

For the past few days I have noticed MTN's GPRS presence on my set(Sagem Myx-5m), I hope I am not mistaken about it, please if you have a GPRS enabled phone and use MTN, kindly activate your GPRS and switch your phone off and back on, lets have mess if the GPRS signal stays on, I will be glad to get some configuration settings if MTN is now on GPRS.

Configuration: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321.32.html#msg42701
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Allenpowered(m): 11:43am On May 27, 2005
It has being tested, the test has been going on for a while(but its mainly by the members of the MTN team)....Just hope it comes up soon
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by dominobaby(f): 2:01pm On May 27, 2005
Mtn Gprs? I'll be stunned if it actually is true, guess I have to start looking out for it on my dad's phone.

That's good, with the new gist of Vmobile coming up soon with it, it is a good development if all could have it because competition will make each of them [B]SIT UP![/B]
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by diakim(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2005
This is good.

The more, the merrier, the cheaper.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Seun(m): 1:45am On May 28, 2005
Nice tip, Angelgirl. If you've noticed the GPRS, please share your experiences here. If this is true, then some of us who have abandoned the MTN network might decide to come back!
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Angelgirl(f): 2:47pm On May 31, 2005
I noticed the GPRS presence is only when am at work in Victoria Island, so i guess allenpowered is right about the test going on within the MTN Team.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by mamba(m): 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2005
keep dreaming about MTN GPRS..........

They have EDGE in SA and only care about milking Nigerians
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by debugger(m): 10:24am On Jun 14, 2005
I was reacting about a posted topic on MTN GPRS.

I said "it's a mirage. MTN is still not real to Nigeria." I tried there IP address but could not log in from my server.

Let's not believe lies and I will advice NCC to make sure before any of this mobile companies say anything to Nigeria they should be fully sure of themselves before airing out.

I hate lies.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by debugger(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2005
Hi all,
Plz listen to this local announcement, plz be inform that MTN is usin the so-called gprs to cheat and steal ppls money, i experience a drastic change in my account after tryin to connect to mtn wap.

i load mtn 750 vocher, i decide to try the wap stuff, in my set it showed dialing at first, after a while it showed connectin and later a msg "Server Not Responding". i then exited from wap,

after a while i try sendin an sms to a friend and recieve a msg that my previous sms could not be deliever reason: insufficient credit. i check my balance it was 0.25.

u see how mtn can eat ppl hard earn money within a second.

Bleep MTN, Bleep MTN wap, Bleep MTN managers

Chau
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Angelgirl(f): 8:07am On Jun 20, 2005
Sorry debugger, what you used to connect MTN Wap was the dial up access through mtech, and not MTN GPRS, Its always expensive to use it, the last time i tried it, i didnt get any data downloaded, i lost N300. MTN has not announced any GPRS yet, i think the MTN technical team are still carrying out test on it, thats why i notice GPRS presence each time am in Victoria Island near MTN Head Office.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Vicuzo(m): 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2005
i think its a welcome development,i hear by 2006 they will be a 3G NETWORK grin
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by delarontus(f): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2005
Its a 2.5G they are planning.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by geek(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2005
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Vicuzo(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2005
yeah it's going to be 3G...
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by dre901(m): 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2005
Which gprs for mtn.
well the only networks wit gprs are globacom and mtel
vmobile is using what u call CSD- circuit switch data and that is what mtn is using as well.
u only get connected by dailing before it connects which is more expensive.
they need to upgrade to 2.5g or 3g before gprs can be fully functional.
And finally, Angle eye
The GPRS you saw on ur sagem fone was the one from glo or mtel becos it picks any network dat has gprs on it.which is glo or mtel.Dats one of the beauty of a sagem fone.

Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by whocares: 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2005
Dre901, do not make things up as you go along rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

"The GPRS you saw on your sagem fone was the one from glo or mtel because it picks any network that has gprs on it.which is glo or mtel.Dats one of the beauty of a sagem fone."

Your above statement is completely UNTRUE.
There is no in-country GSM network roaming in Nigeria (or anywhere else in the world for that matter), so it is impossible to pick up a signal from another network; be it voice or GPRS coverage.
Any network that allows that will be completely daft.

So if Angel eyes can see GPRS signal on the MTN phone, then that means MTN has GPRS.
The fact that they haven't told you about it, doesn't mean it's not there.

Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by dre901(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2005
Who cares? Maybe I need to educate on some things.

I am currently in Jalingo and as I write this there is no Globacom there but the other networks are working well.
I use a Sagem Myx3-2 and it is GPRS-enabled. Currently in jalingo, only MTEL has GPRS nationwide and it appears on my phone constantly. But once i leave any mtel region, the GPRS signal disappears. Sorry MTN are just crooks and as I said earlier they need to upgrade to 2.5g or 3g before they can use GPRS.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by sammyrays: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2005
Well who cares on GPRS lets all have good quality service on the most important which is VOICE and SMS services before all these value added services. These are ways of scamming us, with GPRS, FAX, EMAIL and all sorts.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Seun(m): 12:19am On Aug 09, 2005
Nice observation, sammyrays. Welcome to the Nairaland Forum!
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by obong(m): 3:47am On Aug 09, 2005
why the hatred towards MTN?
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by hotangel2(f): 4:51am On Aug 09, 2005
Obong, i guess MTN is bleeped up. Uhmm MTN, Mtel, GLo, Vmobile.. who cares?? I use Sprint pcs. grin grin Everything is good on it.

I guess when i get to nigeria, maybe on vacation, i'll get Glo with pride.....cos it seems everyone loves it and it works perfectly, esp...when it's internet enabled. smiley
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by obong(m): 5:34am On Aug 09, 2005
i used t use at&t but i'll see how glo is. I'llcertainly support my people
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by hotangel2(f): 6:41am On Aug 09, 2005
At&T is bleeped up. Sorry to say. they are Joining forces with cingular.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by mufasa(m): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2005
to any one who cares, i have already configured my phone for mtn gprs wap and mms not csd o. and i'm goin to try it when next i get into lagos.

i'm presently outta town, a girlfriend of mine was using it in lagos and it worked, for free of course cos its bein tested.

so i 'll holla if it works.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by dre901(m): 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2005
Mufasa, Pls i need the mtn gprs settings both for wap and mms.
let me see if it really works.Thanks alot
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by twinkledew(f): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2005
interesting topic. debu... why didnt u complain to mtn so u cld get ur money/credit back?
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by mufasa(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2005
IP add - 010.199.212.002

user name / pass - web
apn- web.gprs.mtnnigeria.com
port- 8080

for mms
message server - http://10.199.212.8/servlets/mms

ENJOY PEOPLE WHILE IT IS FREE AND UNANNOUNCED.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS DONT CALL CUSTOMER CARE COS IT ISNT OUT YET O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Greatpeter(m): 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2005
Mufasa, is this a joke?
I tried to open the page but it was not opening.

Can I open the www.mtnonline.com to get it?

Is it possible that way?
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by shockreaction(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2005
I was getting GPRS service in Festac on my MTN line a while back, but now I don't get any. Bummer! Just when there's the chance to test it out! Anyways, I just guess I'll wait and see what happens...

UPDATE: Nope, doesn't work. I've got the GPRS icon on my phone now (MTN line) and it's not connecting. Been trying since 4am. It's 6:30am now.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Angelgirl(f): 11:19am On Aug 19, 2005
Please i would like to know how many people has tested it working, and the model of phone used, i have tried also with the above settings and still no success, i use Sagem Myx5m, and it has worked well with Glo's Gprs.
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by Seun(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2005
Only mufasa, it seems. Perhaps the MTN people discovered our site and changed the settings?
Re: MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] by mamba(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2005
Hello boyz & girlz, i've tried the settings & it's working on my sisters 0803 line, i'm posting this via my p910i with my sisters MTN!! enjoy!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread / #UNIVERSAL GSM CODES# / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.