Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Reality Shows A Curse Or A Blessing! (nigerian Situation) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reality Shows A Curse Or A Blessing! (nigerian Situation) (1326 Views)

Music Reality Shows And Gospel Music / Favourite Reality Shows On Tv? / What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reality Shows A Curse Or A Blessing! (nigerian Situation) by akubudejud(m): 11:05am On Oct 24, 2014
For some time now I have been bordered by what people seem to take for granted in Nigeria. In today’s world money and material possessions seems to be more important, relevant and worshiped than the moral and sane living preached in the past!.

The media that should project what the African society stand for are the major instrument for societal destruction, I was searching through my TV for programs recently but to my surprise our screen is full of shows that I count to be promoting either immoralities, sudden fame, bogus get wealth easily claims, fashion and sometime Godlessness, I stand to be corrected Many reality shows are damaging our society rather than building it , especially the youth now think making fame or becoming famous is all about life...where is the value of life?

Have we ever ask or care to know the motive of the organizer in organizing all kinds of reality shows? Did they really love the society? Is their motive clean? Or are they taking the unemployment ravaging the society to further exploit the youth? These are rhetorical questions meant to be answered in our conscience.
Our education is falling mass failure in our public examination and we believe the government should be responsible for correcting the anomalies, students don’t want to study hard anymore seeking the easiest way out of everything forgetting the fact that the hardness of life is what build one to live a good life, now, is our reality shows really helping out? In fact, the various rewards attached to this shows will make any young mind to do anything to be involved but the educative shows are rewarded with peanuts and left to the background, what a life! I really love the youth to be careful as this show like BIG BROTHER AFRICA, NIGERIAN IDOL , MBGN or what have you, for instance are not helping to develop the youth but latently killing our God given morals, the organizer of this shows have their motives (business in the expense of the youth) if not, should be more in the educative side,while some shows are good to help the youth to excercise and display their God given talent and energy some are out-rightly bad and immoral. No one is ready to promote education and morals anymore people buy things that are ungodly more than things that promote sane society.
The rewards for these shows are bogus and If properly probed can showcase the business side of the organizer than the good it brings to the society. I stand to be corrected though!

REWARDS……:
 Mtn Project Fame: N7.5m + Suv

Etisalat Nigerian Idol: N5m

Glo Naija Sings: N5m + Suv

Gulder Ultimate Search: N10m + Suv

Maltina Dance All: N10m + Suv

 Cowbell Maths Competition: N100k

Lagos State Spelling Bee: N50k

Schools' Scrabble: N25k

***Cool Fm Spelling Game: A Goodie Bag Filled With Amila Drink

Societal Decadence Will Continue If This Is Not Checked.
Let Build Our Children future.

1 Like

Re: Reality Shows A Curse Or A Blessing! (nigerian Situation) by rodeo0070(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
As time goes on the this section of entertainment will "self implode"
Re: Reality Shows A Curse Or A Blessing! (nigerian Situation) by CHIMCO(m): 4:04am On Oct 26, 2014
The moral decadence among our youth is so alarming. lmaging ,this show they called BBA, the organisers will invite contestants only to show there full nakednesss to the public. we all pretend like nothing is happening while this organisers rubbished African morality. Poster, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Reality Shows A Curse Or A Blessing! (nigerian Situation) by akubudejud(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2014
CHIMCO:
The moral decadence among our youth is so alarming. lmaging ,this show they called BBA, the organisers will invite contestants only to show there full nakednesss to the public. we all pretend like nothing is happening while this organisers rubbished African morality. Poster, thanks.

You are welcome,God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Download Nollywood Movie: Make Me A King Season 1&2 / Justice League Full Movie / Leaked Game Of Thrones Season 8 Plots (episode 1 To 5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.