Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Engineers, Share You Accidents Near-miss Esperience - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Engineers, Share You Accidents Near-miss Esperience (612 Views)

Free Oil & Gas Training Courses By EPCM Engineers, Lagos. / Engineers In The House, Let's Discuss. / Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Engineers, Share You Accidents Near-miss Esperience by oremisussan: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hi mates,

Safety first - we know too well, yet accidents still happen (or almost do).

Let's share those near-misses at our stations. What protective gear broke the accident chain for you? What are the lessons learnt? And do advise us all.

NB: Pictures may not be bad, but uphold your secrecy oath to your employer (if you signed any) as best as you can.
Re: Engineers, Share You Accidents Near-miss Esperience by alabiyemmy(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
start with yours nigger
Re: Engineers, Share You Accidents Near-miss Esperience by oremisussan: 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
I was about 15 minutes away from the day's job, I was going to pull off my boot, walk in slip-on to the factory floor to check on the plasma cutting lads. I unlaced but just couldn't find my slip's other pair, so I dragged myself down boot on.

I came back up after inspection only to feel I had a stone locked in my boot ridge. All attempt to force it out by grinding it against the floor didn't work. And finally I took off my boot, looked under, only to find a molten metal had melted the sole and dug a hole 6mm dip.

Thanks to my boot. 1500 deg celcius metal would have eaten up my sole.

I would later find my slip on behind my shelf almost immediately after.

(1) (Reply)

The One Sign That You Will Be Rich / Authentic Inec Gsm Numbers Database According To Lga,sex And Name / Are You Thinking Of Studying Abroad?read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.