Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Justice For Tyler Fray - An Open Letter To The Nigerian Community. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Justice For Tyler Fray - An Open Letter To The Nigerian Community. (1027 Views)

CHAD Joins Boko Haram Fray / Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Justice For Tyler Fray - An Open Letter To The Nigerian Community. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
No single day has gone by without me thinking about the death of Toba Falode (Tyler Fray) a young boy full of life and promises and the only child of his mother, Aisha Falode, a veteran media personnel,and the gory circumstances surrounding it. It saddens me immensely, that though we have people in power and despite the fact that Nigeria is one of the most powerful countries in Africa, her citizens are killed at will, abroad (even at home) and little or nothing is done about it. The most depressing part is how our government officials who are supposed to protect their citizens, look away and are apathetic towards this horrific treatment meted out to them.

This I believe has led many citizens of other countries (even ones much smaller and poorer than ours) to treat Nigerians living in their respective countries very badly and yet when they come to ours we treat them as kings and even provide security for them (our government personnels make sure of that) to the extent that a foreign expatriate can treat a Nigerian very badly in his backyard and still get away with it. That highlights an unfortunate but malignant misplacement of priorities our leaders tend to exhibit chronically and yet without addressing that particular "flaw", they have always come back each time at the expiration of their respective tenures seeking to be re elected in the same position, "to do what exactly?". The answer to that, we all know too well.

However with the advent of social media, Nigerians are gradually finding their voice but if you ask me, I would say at this rate, we are not fast enough. Its time we stopped being afraid and stand up for what we believe is right and just. We have experimented with the "Occupy Naija",and "Bring Back Our Girls" movement amongst others and I believe that it sparked national dialogue and brought our leaders to at least listen to what we have to say, even though we are made to believe that we are in a democratic regime. It is a far cry from democracy, if we are going to engage in series of protests in order to get any sort of reaction from our "democratic government" from what I have seen, heard and learnt about democracy. I mean its just like crying and shouting each time we want something from our parents. I mean those of us that have children, do we let our children cry, shout and protest before we listen to what they have to say? Or provide basic things that they need? At every given point? Its really depressing.

Although, we are yet to beat our chests and said "yes we did it" in each of the aforementioned movements, I strongly suggest that we continue to push, shout, cry and protest as unfortunately this the only way to remind our government officials that we do exist and to also get them to engage in any sort of conversation. This has proven useful time and again, therefore making it an invaluable asset.

As a result I am appealing to every Nigerian, young and old, living abroad or in diaspora to look again at Tyler Fray's story, let something move you, it could be you, it could be I, as long as we are average citizens living or who have relatives abroad, we are not immune from this type of circumstance, meaning that if, God forbid we are confronted with or succumb to a similar heartbreaking circumstance, it would be brushed off as if nothing happened making us worse than second class citizens not only in our country but also abroad.

A day begins a story and we cannot wish these things away, if we want to be treated and respected as human beings, we have to fight for it and we can start by fighting for Tyler Fray and his grieving mother. If it took less than a week for the government officials to react to Oyamuyefa, son of the former Bayelsa's state governor, Diepreye Alamesigha's son's death, and almost no reaction in the case of Tyler (afer 8 months he was found dead up till this moment), does it mean that Tyler is less human than Oyamuyefa? Does it also mean that you and I are worthless as we do not have ex governors as Fathers? And that it is alright to be treated less than dogs and killed at anyone's discretion because we have no political connections? And do not belong to the ruling/upper class?

Let's stand up for justice and what is right.

Justice for Tyler Fray! Justice for Oyamuyefa!! Justice for our unknown brothers and sisters that have lost their lives in similar or worse fashion!!! Justice for the average Nigerian!!! Justice for for you and I!!!! JUSTICE FOR ALL!!!!

Note: Below is a link to sign an online petition, calling on the Nigerian government to at least lift a finger. That's the least anyone can do. Let's pile on the pressure, our voices must be heard.

https://www.change.org/p/government-of-the-federal-republic-of-nigeria-the-government-should-insist-the-case-file-on-the-death-of-oloruntoba-oluwadamilola-falode-should-be-reopened-for-investigation-he-was-murdered-on-the-15th-february-2014-2

I have attached the pictures of Toba, his mum (Aisha Falode), the alleged killers - Faisal and Olivia, and Oyamuyefa Alamiesigha.

God Bless Nigeria.

Photo Credits : Google, Stella Dimorkokus Blog.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Only You Saw This!!! What Will You Do??? (picture) / Seven Energy Commences Crude Oil Production From Stubb Creek / Is Fuel Scarcity This Serious? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.