Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,246 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With (6254 Views)

Worst Bank In Nigeria / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
I'll advice anybody intending to open a current account not to try GTB. 4 months going n my money in d current account i opened with them can't be touched because of restriction by the bank. I feel warning people will stop some other person from passing through the ordeal as I happened to meet some of their customers who complained they went through even worst ordeal when they opened their account.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by okonja(m): 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
wordychap:
I'll advice anybody intending to open a current account not to try GTB. 4 months going n my money in d current account i opened with them can't be touched because of restriction by the bank. I feel warning people will stop some other person from passing through the ordeal as I happened to meet some of their customers who complained they went through even worst ordeal when they opened their account.

Sorry, but just because you have problem with your account doesn't mean others would do...besides, how would your bank not allow you to touch your money for 4 months?...IMPOSSICANT angry angry
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
wordychap:
What are you talking about, I'm a signatory to three current accounts with Gtb-one almost 10 years old, another about three and the last I opened about 2 months ago. I have never had an issue with them.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
blink182:
What are you talking about, I'm a signatory to three current accounts with Gtb-one almost 10 years old, another about three and the last I opened about 2 months ago. I have never had an issue with them.
Strange right! Well they said the 2 referees have to be confirmed n d process of confirming the referees is what I've been waiting for up till now. Happened to meet a someone I know who runs a current account with them to referee me n she told me her experience of having to wait for a very long time before hers was done. Its not just me, its happened to others also . In d process of going there to get them unrestricted my account I've met a couple of customers who've come with similar complains.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wjxavier(m): 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
Gtbank may well be fir students.

Despite also running my salary account there, they won't even reply my loan request graciously.

Smh
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
wjxavier:
Gtbank may well be fir students.

Despite also running my salary account there, they won't even reply my loan request graciously.

Smh
Yes, I blame myself for that. Banked with them as a student with a savings account, so decided to get a current with them only to face this. Anywhere I'm informing any n everyone I know if u Must open a current account with them don't use referees from other banks, they'll frustrate u especially if u dump money in d account.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 11:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
okonja:

Sorry, but just because you have problem with your account doesn't mean others would do...besides, how would your bank not allow you to touch your money for 4 months?...IMPOSSICANT angry angry
I'm telling you what I'm STILL facing right now, do u think I'm making this up, for what! I'm done with them anywhere, once my account is unrestricted I'm closing it. Enough of their sarcastic customer service n operation.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by obua: 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
You can access the money by request on your letterhead while you await for your cheque booklet
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by BigBossMan(m): 1:00am On Oct 25, 2014
YOU NEED A NEW BANK!
I STARTED BANKING WITH STB/UBA BEFORE I ENTERED THE UNIVERSITY, DURING MY UNDERGARDUATE YEARS I USE GTB- THY WERE VERY EFFICIENT USEFUL TO ME. DURING MY NYSC DAYS I USED SKYE BANK- ALSO VERY USEFUL BACK THEN.
AFTER MY NYSC I HAVE ADDED ZENITH BANK, OCEANIC/ECOBANK, STERLING BANK, FIRST BANK, THEY ARE ALL GOOD AND THEY SERVE THEIR PURPOSES IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. HOWEVER, IN THE LAST TEN YEARS I HAVE OPERATED GTB THE MOST AND I AM A PLATINUM CARD HOLDER.
IN 2013, I OPENED A DIAMOND BANK ACCOUNT AND IN A FEW DAYS TIME THE ACCOUNT WILL BE ONE YEAR OLD. SO FAR SO GOOD, DIAMOND BANK HAS BEEN THE BEST OF ALL BECAUSE OF EASY ACCESS TO CREDIT!
I USE TO PRAISE GTB A LOT BUT NOW I KNOW THAT DIAMOND IS THE BEST BANK IN IN NIGERIA (IMHO)

6 Likes

Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by uboma(m): 2:22am On Oct 25, 2014
wordychap:

Yes, I blame myself for that. Banked with them as a student with a savings account, so decided to get a current with them only to face this. Anywhere I'm informing any n everyone I know if u Must open a current account with them don't use referees from other banks, they'll frustrate u especially if u dump money in d account.

Personally i am not a fan of GTBank but i want to inform you that the problem is currently facing is not from GTBank. You cant have access to yr account now because your referees are yet to be cleared. The delay is from the banks which your referees currently use. These banks are expected to reply GTBank as to whether such current accounts are in order and can be used as a reference. Most times its takes a long time before sending such responses. So pls GTBank shouldnt be blamed for your inability to withdraw from your account.

And like you said, yes, getting inhouse reference is the next best step to take...

3 Likes

Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by uboma(m): 2:22am On Oct 25, 2014
wordychap:

Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2014
BigBossMan:
YOU NEED A NEW BANK!
I STARTED BANKING WITH STB/UBA BEFORE I ENTERED THE UNIVERSITY, DURING MY UNDERGARDUATE YEARS I USE GTB- THY WERE VERY EFFICIENT USEFUL TO ME. DURING MY NYSC DAYS I USED SKYE BANK- ALSO VERY USEFUL BACK THEN.
AFTER MY NYSC I HAVE ADDED ZENITH BANK, OCEANIC/ECOBANK, STERLING BANK, FIRST BANK, THEY ARE ALL GOOD AND THEY SERVE THEIR PURPOSES IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. HOWEVER, IN THE LAST TEN YEARS I HAVE OPERATED GTB THE MOST AND I AM A PLATINUM CARD HOLDER.
IN 2013, I OPENED A DIAMOND BANK ACCOUNT AND IN A FEW DAYS TIME THE ACCOUNT WILL BE ONE YEAR OLD. SO FAR SO GOOD, DIAMOND BANK HAS BEEN THE BEST OF ALL BECAUSE OF EASY ACCESS TO CREDIT!
I USE TO PRAISE GTB A LOT BUT NOW I KNOW THAT DIAMOND IS THE BEST BANK IN IN NIGERIA (IMHO)
Thanks bro. Diamond was recommended to me some pal too. hope i'll enjoy their services.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 6:02am On Oct 25, 2014
uboma:

Personally i am not a fan of GTBank but i want to inform you that the problem is currently facing is not from GTBank. You cant have access to yr account now because your referees are yet to be cleared. The delay is from the banks which your referees currently use. These banks are expected to reply GTBank as to whether such current accounts are in order and can be used as a reference. Most times its takes a long time before sending such responses. So pls GTBank shouldnt be blamed for your inability to withdraw from your account.

And like you said, yes, getting inhouse reference is the next best step to take...
Had to go to my referees bank with my referee n they convinced us GTB bank hasn't sent the request bc they respond in a maximum period of 1 week. Informed GTB bank of this n they said its their headquarters or something that had to clear the restriction.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 6:04am On Oct 25, 2014
obua:
You can access the money by request on your letterhead while you await for your cheque booklet
Was categorically told I can't do anything on the account till the restriction is lifted. Retrieving the cheque they said takes another process which I'll pursue next week.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by uboma(m): 6:17am On Oct 25, 2014
wordychap:

Had to go to my referees bank with my referee n they convinced us GTB bank hasn't sent the request bc they respond in a maximum period of 1 week. Informed GTB bank of this n they said its their headquarters or something that had to clear the restriction.

lol. Going to your referees' bank to inquire was an unnecessary move. Communication between banks are usually done in a professional manner. If you can, why not just get inhouse references to avoid the continued delay.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2014
uboma:

lol. Going to your referees' bank to inquire was an unnecessary move. Communication between banks are usually done in a professional manner. If you can, why not just get inhouse references to avoid the continued delay.
Getting in-house reference u have to know people that own current account in the bank-it happens I don't know many, the one I knew has an account that's run for just three months so can't referee someone. Eventually got the 2 in-house referees (getting them was a prject on its own) n they said its their headquarters that has to lift restriction. Now waiting for whenever their headquarters lifts the restriction.
Going to the referees bank was an advice by GTB bank staff.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by bigx(m): 6:32am On Oct 25, 2014
Service Quality (which attracted me) in GTBank has been dropping of recent!
The counter staff are Rude, the Banking Halls are crowded, they take forever to execute simple instructions.

I'm slowly moving to Zenith and Diamond.

BigBossMan:
YOU NEED A NEW BANK!

Is that their platinum card fragile or it's just me? The chip keeps getting peeled off in my wallet, I just got my 3rd one this year meanwhile my other cards have stayed years without replacement.

Also how do you access corporate credit with Diamond? I opened an account with them few months back but haven't really looked into that.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by bigx(m): 6:34am On Oct 25, 2014
wordychap:

Getting in-house reference u have to know people that own current account in the bank-it happens I don't know many, the one I knew has an account that's run for just three months so can't referee someone. Eventually got the 2 in-house referees (getting them was a prject on its own) n they said its their headquarters that has to lift restriction. Now waiting for whenever their headquarters lifts the restriction.

Bros ur stressing urself, go to a marketer (confidentially), they always have pre-signed references, get one then take it to their Head in the unit to confirm with his signature, you would be done in 48 hours or less
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by uboma(m): 6:37am On Oct 25, 2014
wordychap:

That was an unprofessional advise given by the GTBank staff. I have nothing further to add but to wish you luck....
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2014
bigx:

Bros ur stressing urself, go to a marketer (confidentially), they always have pre-signed references, get one then take it to their Head in the unit to confirm with his signature, you would be done in 48 hours or less
Yes I did that. That's how I got one of my references from a GTB current account holder. The second reference he gave me got complicated in that the signature was not regular - said the referee had changed his signature n his mothers bank hasn't updated the change n all that so that referee didn't fly. Got my own second referee from a GTB current account holder of up to 6 months duration n I'm told their headquarters has to lift the restriction. That's what I'm waiting for now; their headquarters. The bottom line is the process is too stressful n my money I need to execute a contract and a bank is holding unto it jeorpadizing the contract.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 8:31am On Oct 25, 2014
uboma:

That was an unprofessional advise given by the GTBank staff. I have nothing further to add but to wish you luck....
Thanks for the luck wish though I don't think the advice was unprofessional since it was made by a more senior staff to the hearing of other staff in the room.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2014
wordychap:

Strange right! Well they said the 2 referees have to be confirmed n d process of confirming the referees is what I've been waiting for up till now. Happened to meet a someone I know who runs a current account with them to referee me n she told me her experience of having to wait for a very long time before hers was done. Its not just me, its happened to others also . In d process of going there to get them unrestricted my account I've met a couple of customers who've come with similar complains.
This is what you should have said instead of condemning the bank. The fault is not from them but from the referees you provided. When banks get referee confirmation from other banks, I am sure they simply throw the letter away. Start asking trusted friends and family with Gtb current accounts to provide the referral and make sure the person is not using a salary account. Make sure it is a full current account. It is that easy.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 10:00am On Oct 25, 2014
blink182:
This is what you should have said instead of condemning the bank. The fault is not from them but from the referees you provided. When banks get referee confirmation from other banks, I am sure they simply throw the letter away. Start asking trusted friends and family with Gtb current accounts to provide the referral and make sure the person is not using a salary account. Make sure it is a full current account. It is that easy.

1 Like

Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2014
blink182:

My reply:
Yes I did that. That's how I got one of my references from a GTB current account holder. The second reference he gave me got complicated in that the signature was not regular - said the referee had changed his signature n his mothers bank hasn't updated the change n all that so that referee didn't fly. Got my own second referee from a GTB current account holder of up to 6 months duration n I'm told their headquarters has to lift the restriction. That's what I'm waiting for now; their headquarters. The bottom line is the process is too stressful n my money I need to execute a contract and a bank is holding unto it jeorpadizing the contract.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 25, 2014
wordychap:

Leave your referee and use the methods shown to you.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by OCTAVO: 10:18am On Oct 25, 2014
Well, I operate a current account with GTB. The only complaint I have is their excessive hidden charges on interbank transfers.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2014
blink182:
Leave your referee and use the methods shown to you.
All the methods shown I'd already used before coming to the forum. Hope to get a gtb worker who'll tell me something I've not yet done.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by uboma(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2014
wordychap:

Thanks for the luck wish though I don't think the advice was unprofessional since it was made by a more senior staff to the hearing of other staff in the room.

I can see you wanna argue. What was the essence of the advise in the first place? For you to go and get the feedback from the referees' banks to GTBank? Or to erode further your confidence in GTBank which is already obvious from your earlier comments? That so called senior staff should have managed you well instead of advising you to go to those banks. Now tell me, what did u achieve from the visit? has your references returned to gtb or have u been able to withdraw from your account?
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by wordychap: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2014
uboma:

I can see you wanna argue. What was the essence of the advise in the first place? For you to go and get the feedback from the referees' banks to GTBank? Or to erode further your confidence in GTBank which is already obvious from your earlier comments? That so called senior staff should have managed you well instead of advising you to go to those banks. Now tell me, what did u achieve from the visit? has your references returned to gtb or have u been able to withdraw from your account?
Well, I guess that's y GTB is not the best bank to open a current account with.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by BigBossMan(m): 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sorry for the late reply.
Try to establish a good rapport with your account officer. Most times they ( account officers) are the ones that will market their packages to you. Just pick the one that suits.

bigx:
Service Quality (which attracted me) in GTBank has been dropping of recent!
The counter staff are Rude, the Banking Halls are crowded, they take forever to execute simple instructions.

I'm slowly moving to Zenith and Diamond.

Is that their platinum card fragile or it's just me? The chip keeps getting peeled off in my wallet, I just got my 3rd one this year meanwhile my other cards have stayed years without replacement.

Also how do you access corporate credit with Diamond? I opened an account with them few months back but haven't really looked into that.
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by bigx(m): 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
BigBossMan:
Sorry for the late reply.
Try to establish a good rapport with your account officer. Most times they ( account officers) are the ones that will market their packages to you. Just pick the one that suits.

Thanks Boss, I would ask mine tomorrow, any special criteria? Since I just opened the account this June
Re: GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With by Jsmithso511: 3:06pm On May 23, 2017

Please I need a reference for my domicillary account with Gtbank, please help

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gums, Adhesives And Glues Production Training / Become An Agent Banking Business Owner In Nigeria / A Lucrative Business To Start Presently With #150,000. Get Full Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.