Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Worst Bank In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Worst Bank In Nigeria (22608 Views)

GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Bank In Nigeria by AmaraGeorge(f): 8:48am On Mar 02, 2011
Which bank do you think is the worst and why. I think its AFRI-BANK. They always have this nation-wide network problem . Their systems - very very slow(always). Most of their workers-saucy. And while l was waiting (for over 1 hr)for their system to start working, mosquitoes as big as roaches were trying to feed. Pls don't ask me why am using AFRI-BANK! Is there another terrible bank as this?
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2011
lol.Never knew afri bank was still around.Good thing u mentioned not to ask u why u use the bank. grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by sweetguy10(m): 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2011
Amara George:

Which bank do you think is the worst and why. I think its AFRI-BANK. They always have this nation-wide network problem . Their systems - very very slow(always). Most of their workers-saucy. And while l was waiting (for over 1 hr)for their system to start working, mosquitoes as big as roaches were trying to feed. Pls don't ask me why am using AFRI-BANK! Is there another terrible bank as this?

buhahahahaha , grin grin grin grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by haboosa(m): 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2011
i think it is union bank  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Tokotaya: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
I hate the crowd at GTB. It's always a market at the branches I use. Then their prepaid Mastercard is crappy. The last time I was in Europe, sales clerks everywhere handed it back to me after swiping it several times without success and I had to pay cash. And to make matters worse, I returned home and made attempt to withdraw my hard currency deposit, they refused. I'm told the policy is, once you deposit, you must spend! But the freaking card doesnt work, duh! Nobody has listened to me yet. I will find time and go to their lousy head office and yell like hell.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
Union Bank of Nigeria
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Fimmy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2011
worst ever is intercontinental,always stealing my money
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2011
intercontinental bank, cos dey v refused to return my money after their ATM machine debited my account without paying.
it is getting to 2 months now,
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
@poster, OMG! You got it right. AFRIBANK is not better than any of these micro finance banks. I wasted four years banking with a branch (3 'tiny' rooms) in Delta state. A branch (2 bedroom flat) of AFRIBANK in Kogi state, Kabba specifically still can't boast of ONE ATM machine after about 10 years of existence in that region. Cashiers count money with their hands not matter the amount.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by apoti(m): 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
Wema bank cheesy
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by adah1010: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
i guess the worst is GTB:

too much crowd
very naughty customer care in all the branches i have been to.

i just moved my salary account to stanbic and its been good despite the charges, at least no small girl is raising her nose for me or facing crowds anytime i have to make urgent transactions.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Execu1: 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
Union Bank!, Big, Strong, reliable Indeed
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by prettydiva(f): 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
Talk about Sterling Bank!!!! shocked, very olden days
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by feelme3(m): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
grin grin grin This is the best post I've come across in awhile.
AFRIBANK!! all the way.
Am keeping account with them, hoping that one mumu staff go "mistakenly" deposit N1B inside my account. Now that'll make them the best bank in the whole world far as am concern. grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by nancyekpoh(f): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
Union  bank is the worst bank, they delays in their services.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
WEMA BANK is unarguably the worse bank in my opinion. Firstly, they are not solvent at all, coupled with the dirty environment which they prefer to operate in. To pay a customer a small amount like N500,000 you may need to visit more than three to four of their branches before such payment is made. Their official language is Yoruba, so you need an interpreter to transact your business with them. Then check out their staff dressing, ewoo, that one is something else.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by klear(f): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
Union Bank! dey should change dia logo 2 dat of a sheep!  angry & Afribank with its horrible lookin banks. Most micro finance houses have better looks!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by picazy: 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
coonz (m):

Hope you have visited the branch where this took place and lodged your complain? grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by stone07(m): 2:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
Oceanic Bank(Ilorin Muritala Banch)Useless as anything.Used more than 22 months before i was issued ATM card after i applied for it.
There ATM machine is not functioning till now and since last year.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
I find this topic very interesting, I only took exception to comments about GTB, I think they are doing wonderful job, may be the crowd is just too much for them to handle. Nairalanders, FirstBank is not doing too badly.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by dowjones(m): 2:20pm On Mar 02, 2011
UNION BANK  : they boast of the RUDEST staff and their female cashiers are ALWAYS pregnant like she-goats! have you seen the mainframe computers they use ?

AFRIBANK      : these guys generate ALL their income from sale of JAMB forms so they don't need you. they have the most frustrated staff.

STERLING BANK : the bank that hates space.VERY SMALL BRANCHES and also frustrated staff who hate customers.

Equitorial Trust Bank  :   If you're not CONOIL, GLOBACOM or your surname doesnt end with adenuga. you're on your own !

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Guaranty Trust Bank : they're simply living on OLD GLORY. the fastest growing bank that doesn't put infrastructure in place to meet increasing customer demand and yes fancy but RUDE customer care !!

i'm done
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by fxtopedia(m): 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
GTBank----    Bad       (Reason: Too much crowd, bad customer relations as well nasty increase in opening account with them)
Union-----   Worse     (Reason:  Old fashion hall and old woman attending to you, and seeing you as her son not customer, lol)
Wema----   Worst      (Reason: Depositors money not safe)
AfricaBank---Worst x2(Reason:The one sited by the poster)
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by eghost247(m): 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
Amara George:

Which bank do you think is the worst and why. I think its AFRI-BANK.  They always have  this nation-wide network problem . Their systems - very very slow(always). Most of their workers-saucy. And while l was waiting (for over 1 hr)for their system to start working, mosquitoes as big as roaches were trying to feed. Pls don't ask me why am using AFRI-BANK! Is there another terrible bank as this?
Hahahah this one made me laugh
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by abayomie71(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
union bank is d worstest
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by eghost247(m): 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2011
none of this banks beat savannah bank
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by hardbody: 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
Guys, I am kind of surprised at teh names you guys are mentioning. Are those institutions banks? I will never be found dead (or alive) in any of those institutions (i maintain they are not banks in the strict sense of the word), with the exception of GTB though.

GTB sucked me in when they opened my account with no cash deposit and i walked away with their mastercard almost immediately i concluded the account opening process. I think they just got overwhelmed with crowd pull when the rest of the banks (or at least most of them including almight Union) were declared near dead or comatose. I am yetto have a problem with them anyways, and when i do, i trust myself to bring down the branch so fast that they will do the needful. Stanbic, and Stanchart are also good banks.

Anyone has a dossier or an experience with Finbank?
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by RichDad1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
GTB Bank
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Sheyila1: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ Poster-Amara, u are on ur own oo, for operating an Acct. with AfriBank because I don't know what u want 4m dem.

I love my Bank (Diamond) soo much, even their ATM no soo soo new notes in dey formit.

I hope Lamido is prevelege to read this thread.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^ aw about Skye, I love the services I get from them.
Worst should be UBA, you are always being charged when withdrawin from another branch
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
Never knew afribank still exists,used to pay my secondary school fees there very hopeless and useless bank indeed.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2011
op wetin you find reach afri bank
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by omodapson(m): 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
dowjones:

UNION BANK  : they boast of the RUDEST staff and their female cashiers are ALWAYS pregnant like she-goats! have you seen the mainframe computers they use ?

AFRIBANK      : these guys generate ALL their income from sale of JAMB forms so they don't need you. they have the most frustrated staff.

STERLING BANK : the bank that hates space.VERY SMALL BRANCHES and also frustrated staff who hate customers.

Equitorial Trust Bank  :   If you're not CONOIL, GLOBACOM or your surname doesnt end with adenuga. you're on your own !

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Guaranty Trust Bank : they're simply living on OLD GLORY. the fastest growing bank that doesn't put infrastructure in place to meet increasing customer demand and yes fancy but RUDE customer care !!

i'm done

When did it become a crime for a pregnant woman to work?
Do you know explosives come in small packages?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairabet Scam! / Femi Otedola Appointed Vice President of Save The Children (Photo) / How To Make Money From Online Surveys Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.